Skip to main content

Stenciled Witch with Glow: Day 30 of 31

Greetings my spooktacular fiends! It's Day 30 of the 31 Days of Halloween. Eek! It's almost the end. Today I am sharing a card that uses a stencil I used in the beginning of the month, but in a totally different way. I know that some folks are a little intimated by stencils, so my goal was to show you a simple way to use them that gives a cool effect.

I used the Broom Flight stencil from Stampendous. All the possible colors that can be used and some of the smaller spaces may get some people a little anxious. But by simply spraying one side of the stencil and pressing it in to watercolor paper, you can achieve fast look. I used Cut Grass and Crushed Grape Dylusions Spray, with a teensy bit of Metallic Orange Memories Mist for a bit of a shine.

My card base, which is black, has Sheer Shimmer Spritz in Gold brushed around the border. On the stenciled layer, I also dripped some Tuxedo Black Fireworks! Spray. But, I wanted some dimension and an added surprise of glow. I have the Nuvo Drops Blue Glow so I added them randomly. Check this out!

Isn't that fun? The Drops absorbed some of the Dylusions color so they no longer look blue in the light, except for that one drop by the broom that looks lit up. But the overall effect is still fabulous, I think. No need to do anything else to this card. I had it made in about 10 minutes. Not bad, right?

Please be sure to visit the rest of the Wicked Bloggers, all listed below. Thanks so much for stopping by. Have a creeptastic day!

Terra
Black Dragon
Susan
LeighSBDesigns
Lyneen
Stampendous Stamps
Lost Coast Designs/Carmen's Veranda
Tee
Alison (that's me!)
Sarah
Nan
Airless Chambers
Jessica
Kat
Shell

Comments

Tink said…
Wonderful card!
Denise Bryant said…
Awesome colors... love that stencil!
Mary Holshouser said…
Love the glowing dots.
Haven't done much stenciling
but hope to get into it more
in the coming year.
thanks for sharing a great
project.
valscraftings said…
Cool background and stencil!

Val
LeighSBDesigns DT
Tee said…
I really love this! Got to try those Nuvo drops!!
Susan Renshaw said…
Love that stencil and the background! We are almost there!!
Stampendous said…
This card is awesome!! So much fun. Thanks for sharing!

Popular posts from this blog

Holiday Hop and Collaboration: Day 5

Hello!  All of this week, the  Stampendous  and  Dreamweaver  teams have been playing with a mix of their products, along with some wonderful, SAND-ABLE papers from  Core'dinations . We've sanded our way to the "core" of all things Christmas and the Holiday season. ***If you are looking for my Day 17 post for the 31 Days of Halloween, please scroll down to my next post.*** Of course, there are prizes, and we are giving away the best...this time with a mix of fun  Core'dinations products as well. To be one of three prize package winners, follow the posted link lists from each day, leave comments, and winners will be selected from these comments at the beginning of next week.  I've been sharing a few car featuring the Stampendous set, Forest Friends . It's such a sweet set. I was going through my Dreamweaver Stencils, and I came across the Open X-Mas Tree . Then it came to me. Remember the part in Rudolph the Red-Nosed Reindeer, when the song Silv...

Echo Park Blog Hop with Imagine

Greetings! This is my second post for the day. This one is not part of the 31 Days of Halloween, but rather a super-duper blog hop that the Artists in Residence for Imagine are doing with Echo Park . So if you're here for my Day 7 project, please check out the post HERE . But before you do that, scroll on to check out this one. There are prizes up for grabs, so be sure to check out the Imagine Blog as well as the Echo Park Blogs for details. I created my background by applying Dandelion and Tangelo Memento Ink to my brayer. Then I sprayed it with Ink Potion No. 9 to help the colors blend and to act as an extender to keep the inks wet longer. After I rolled the colors out on to watercolor paper and let it dry, I stamped the lovely doily-like image from Echo Park's Simply Sweet Stamp Set with Grape Jelly Memento. I also received the super pretty Heart Doily Designer Die  which I used with a true purple cardstock. But it needed something....and in rolls the super fabul...

Deco Art and Andy Skinner Blog Hop Finale

Hello! It's time for the finale of the DecoArt and Stampendous blog hop. Have you enjoyed yourself this week? I bet you've got some new techniques that you want to try. I know I do! I am super stoked about my project for today. And it solves a dilemma that we've had in my kids' room for a while. What you see above is 2 pieces of PVC. And some fab DecoArt Media Fluid Acrylics ! So, what am I doing with PVC, you ask? Well, my mom bought my son a light saber(Darth Vader's) for Christmas, and he wanted to display it, but we weren't really sure where in his room, and how. I wanted something cooler than hooks, and we thought it would be neat to have the light saber vertical, instead of horizontal. Plus, there was a fab spot for it if it hung in that direction. So, my husband came up with the PVC pip idea, and I altered the pieces. The end cap holds the base, and the small piece of pipe holds up near the end. And the 2 pieces are spaced out enough so that...