Skip to main content

Crow in Tree: Day 31 of 31

Happy Halloween!!!!!!!!! It's the greatest day of the year! I can't believe we have made it to the end. Thank you so much to everyone that has left me such wonderful comments. I have been more of a lurker this year, but I am going to try to go back and leave you guys some love now that the month is over. For my last 31 Days of Halloween project for the year, I have one last tag.

I broke out an older stencil called the Leafless Tree from Stampendous (originally from Dreamweaver Stencils). This is a HUGE stencil, but I used just a tiny piece on this tag. I sprayed it with a few colors like purple, black, and deep blue, and then flipped it over on to my tag.

I pulled out some Inkadinkado stamps from years ago and applied them with Onyx Black VersaFine ink, and then I heat embossed them with Detail Black Embossing Powder. I wanted to add something else and I toyed with the idea of splattering red, but I didn't want to do that. Then I thought that I could add some white splatter to look like stars, but instead I decided to go with Nuvo Jewel Drops in Seafoam. This is translucent and I thought it added a nice bit of dimension and shine to the tag.

That's it for me! Again, thank  you so much for all of your visits. I really hope you have enjoyed my projects this month. And I hope you will visit again soon. Have an absolutely spooktacular Halloween!!!

Terra
Black Dragon
Susan
LeighSBDesigns
Lyneen
Stampendous Stamps
Lost Coast Designs/Carmen's Veranda
Tee
Alison (that's me!)
Sarah
Nan
Airless Chambers
Jessica
Kat
Shell

Comments

Denise Bryant said…
Great tag to wrap up the 31 Days! Love the tree stencil! Happy Halloween!
Mary Holshouser said…
Love the starkness of the tree.
It's an eerie tag but
fangtastic.
thanks for sharing with us
this month - it's been so
much fun.
Happy Halloween.
Susan Renshaw said…
Fab tag!
Love the tree...
Happy Halloween!
Bonnie Irvine said…
What a clever way to use the stencil so that you get the negative image. It makes such a cool sky. Great tag with all that dimension and texture. Happy Halloween!
Bonnie (LeighSBDesigns DT)
Tee said…
Love the leafless Tree!! Fantastic color combos! Really gorgeous mixed media art tag! Happy Halloween!
BethW said…
I like the idea of using just a small part of the stencil. I'm learning to use stencils and I'm more comfortable with the larger ones. Now I know I can still use them on smaller projects. Thank you for the great inspiration.

Popular posts from this blog

Holiday Hop and Collaboration: Day 5

Hello!  All of this week, the  Stampendous  and  Dreamweaver  teams have been playing with a mix of their products, along with some wonderful, SAND-ABLE papers from  Core'dinations . We've sanded our way to the "core" of all things Christmas and the Holiday season. ***If you are looking for my Day 17 post for the 31 Days of Halloween, please scroll down to my next post.*** Of course, there are prizes, and we are giving away the best...this time with a mix of fun  Core'dinations products as well. To be one of three prize package winners, follow the posted link lists from each day, leave comments, and winners will be selected from these comments at the beginning of next week.  I've been sharing a few car featuring the Stampendous set, Forest Friends . It's such a sweet set. I was going through my Dreamweaver Stencils, and I came across the Open X-Mas Tree . Then it came to me. Remember the part in Rudolph the Red-Nosed Reindeer, when the song Silv...

Echo Park Blog Hop with Imagine

Greetings! This is my second post for the day. This one is not part of the 31 Days of Halloween, but rather a super-duper blog hop that the Artists in Residence for Imagine are doing with Echo Park . So if you're here for my Day 7 project, please check out the post HERE . But before you do that, scroll on to check out this one. There are prizes up for grabs, so be sure to check out the Imagine Blog as well as the Echo Park Blogs for details. I created my background by applying Dandelion and Tangelo Memento Ink to my brayer. Then I sprayed it with Ink Potion No. 9 to help the colors blend and to act as an extender to keep the inks wet longer. After I rolled the colors out on to watercolor paper and let it dry, I stamped the lovely doily-like image from Echo Park's Simply Sweet Stamp Set with Grape Jelly Memento. I also received the super pretty Heart Doily Designer Die  which I used with a true purple cardstock. But it needed something....and in rolls the super fabul...

Deco Art and Andy Skinner Blog Hop Finale

Hello! It's time for the finale of the DecoArt and Stampendous blog hop. Have you enjoyed yourself this week? I bet you've got some new techniques that you want to try. I know I do! I am super stoked about my project for today. And it solves a dilemma that we've had in my kids' room for a while. What you see above is 2 pieces of PVC. And some fab DecoArt Media Fluid Acrylics ! So, what am I doing with PVC, you ask? Well, my mom bought my son a light saber(Darth Vader's) for Christmas, and he wanted to display it, but we weren't really sure where in his room, and how. I wanted something cooler than hooks, and we thought it would be neat to have the light saber vertical, instead of horizontal. Plus, there was a fab spot for it if it hung in that direction. So, my husband came up with the PVC pip idea, and I altered the pieces. The end cap holds the base, and the small piece of pipe holds up near the end. And the 2 pieces are spaced out enough so that...