Skip to main content

Pirate Cove: Day 16 of 31

Ahoy! Today is Day 16 of the 31 Days of Halloween, and my latest project features the Stampendous image called Pirate Cove. Aye Mateys, you'll be lovin' this one!

I colored this guy with my Zig Clean Color Real Brush Markers and my water brush. I fussy cut it and adhered it to a Fitted Frame die cut.

I had some stiff pre-printed burlap that I attached to a card base, and then I tore some Bo Bunny red vintage paper and used some brads to secure it to the burlap.

So it's not exactly Halloween, but I think it works for the 31 Days since he's a skeleton, he's creepy, and I really enjoy dressing up as a pirate. ;) I'm keeping this post kinda short today, but if you have any questions about this card, please feel free to ask. Below is the full list of Wicked Bloggers. Please stop by and give them some love. Thanks for hanging out with me today. Have a creeptastic day!

Terra
Black Dragon
Susan
LeighSBDesigns
Lyneen
Stampendous Stamps
Lost Coast Designs/Carmen's Veranda
Tee
Alison (that's me!)
Sarah
Nan
Airless Chambers
Jessica
Kat
Shell

Comments

Tink said…
WOW! What a fantastic card!
Denise Bryant said…
Great card! Love the image of the pirate and your beautiful coloring! I love those Zig markers too!
Mary Holshouser said…
the burlap and the red vintage paper give
the project a weathered look. The block
fits right in. Love the coloring.
thanks for sharing.
Susan Renshaw said…
Love this pirate card!
Tee said…
Love the layout and design, great card!
Aye, that's a frightfully delightful card! Love it!

Popular posts from this blog

Holiday Hop and Collaboration: Day 5

Hello!  All of this week, the  Stampendous  and  Dreamweaver  teams have been playing with a mix of their products, along with some wonderful, SAND-ABLE papers from  Core'dinations . We've sanded our way to the "core" of all things Christmas and the Holiday season. ***If you are looking for my Day 17 post for the 31 Days of Halloween, please scroll down to my next post.*** Of course, there are prizes, and we are giving away the best...this time with a mix of fun  Core'dinations products as well. To be one of three prize package winners, follow the posted link lists from each day, leave comments, and winners will be selected from these comments at the beginning of next week.  I've been sharing a few car featuring the Stampendous set, Forest Friends . It's such a sweet set. I was going through my Dreamweaver Stencils, and I came across the Open X-Mas Tree . Then it came to me. Remember the part in Rudolph the Red-Nosed Reindeer, when the song Silv...

Echo Park Blog Hop with Imagine

Greetings! This is my second post for the day. This one is not part of the 31 Days of Halloween, but rather a super-duper blog hop that the Artists in Residence for Imagine are doing with Echo Park . So if you're here for my Day 7 project, please check out the post HERE . But before you do that, scroll on to check out this one. There are prizes up for grabs, so be sure to check out the Imagine Blog as well as the Echo Park Blogs for details. I created my background by applying Dandelion and Tangelo Memento Ink to my brayer. Then I sprayed it with Ink Potion No. 9 to help the colors blend and to act as an extender to keep the inks wet longer. After I rolled the colors out on to watercolor paper and let it dry, I stamped the lovely doily-like image from Echo Park's Simply Sweet Stamp Set with Grape Jelly Memento. I also received the super pretty Heart Doily Designer Die  which I used with a true purple cardstock. But it needed something....and in rolls the super fabul...

Deco Art and Andy Skinner Blog Hop Finale

Hello! It's time for the finale of the DecoArt and Stampendous blog hop. Have you enjoyed yourself this week? I bet you've got some new techniques that you want to try. I know I do! I am super stoked about my project for today. And it solves a dilemma that we've had in my kids' room for a while. What you see above is 2 pieces of PVC. And some fab DecoArt Media Fluid Acrylics ! So, what am I doing with PVC, you ask? Well, my mom bought my son a light saber(Darth Vader's) for Christmas, and he wanted to display it, but we weren't really sure where in his room, and how. I wanted something cooler than hooks, and we thought it would be neat to have the light saber vertical, instead of horizontal. Plus, there was a fab spot for it if it hung in that direction. So, my husband came up with the PVC pip idea, and I altered the pieces. The end cap holds the base, and the small piece of pipe holds up near the end. And the 2 pieces are spaced out enough so that...