Skip to main content

Gothic Unicorn: Day 10 of 31

Helloooooo!!! It's Day 10 of the 31 Days of Halloween. Today I used a very unique image that I have really fallen in love with. It's the Gothic Unicorn from GothArte Tenebris.

I'll be honest, this was an intimidating image to color, but man was it worth every second! I really took my time with it, and I am so happy with the end result.

I colored the Gothic Unicorn with my Zig Clean Color Real Brush Markers. I also broke out my water brush from time to time. When I was finished coloring it, I fussy cut it out, but leaving a bit of a border. Then I looked for some coordinating papers to complete the card.

I really wanted some shine, so I found that fabulous metallic copper cardstock and paired it with some paper from DCWV. I felt I needed some more color, so I used some deep blue cardstock and sprayed it with Sheer Shimmer Spritz from Imagine, in Gold. You can see the shine in the photo above. The card base is ivory (I thought white would ave been too stark). It didn't need much else, since the image has so much going on already, so that's where I ended it.

Please be sure to visit the rest of the Wicked Bloggers,all listed below. Thanks for stopping by. Have a fang-tastic day!
Terra
Black Dragon
Susan
LeighSBDesigns
Lyneen
Stampendous Stamps
Lost Coast Designs/Carmen's Veranda
Tee
Alison (you're here!)
Sarah
Nan
Airless Chambers
Jessica
Kat
Shell

Comments

Susan Renshaw said…
What a fabulous image - definitely on my wishlist. Super colouring!
Tee said…
Great Gothic unicorn! Nice coloring!
Mary Holshouser said…
The coloring is fangtastic but
I wouldn't want to meet him out
on the street. He doesn't look
like a friendly unicorn.
Great piece.
thanks for sharing.
ionabunny said…
Oooh, now that is stunning. Well worth the effort. Hugz
McStamper said…
Kinda scary unicorn but your coloring is awesome.

Popular posts from this blog

Holiday Hop and Collaboration: Day 5

Hello!  All of this week, the  Stampendous  and  Dreamweaver  teams have been playing with a mix of their products, along with some wonderful, SAND-ABLE papers from  Core'dinations . We've sanded our way to the "core" of all things Christmas and the Holiday season. ***If you are looking for my Day 17 post for the 31 Days of Halloween, please scroll down to my next post.*** Of course, there are prizes, and we are giving away the best...this time with a mix of fun  Core'dinations products as well. To be one of three prize package winners, follow the posted link lists from each day, leave comments, and winners will be selected from these comments at the beginning of next week.  I've been sharing a few car featuring the Stampendous set, Forest Friends . It's such a sweet set. I was going through my Dreamweaver Stencils, and I came across the Open X-Mas Tree . Then it came to me. Remember the part in Rudolph the Red-Nosed Reindeer, when the song Silv...

Echo Park Blog Hop with Imagine

Greetings! This is my second post for the day. This one is not part of the 31 Days of Halloween, but rather a super-duper blog hop that the Artists in Residence for Imagine are doing with Echo Park . So if you're here for my Day 7 project, please check out the post HERE . But before you do that, scroll on to check out this one. There are prizes up for grabs, so be sure to check out the Imagine Blog as well as the Echo Park Blogs for details. I created my background by applying Dandelion and Tangelo Memento Ink to my brayer. Then I sprayed it with Ink Potion No. 9 to help the colors blend and to act as an extender to keep the inks wet longer. After I rolled the colors out on to watercolor paper and let it dry, I stamped the lovely doily-like image from Echo Park's Simply Sweet Stamp Set with Grape Jelly Memento. I also received the super pretty Heart Doily Designer Die  which I used with a true purple cardstock. But it needed something....and in rolls the super fabul...

Deco Art and Andy Skinner Blog Hop Finale

Hello! It's time for the finale of the DecoArt and Stampendous blog hop. Have you enjoyed yourself this week? I bet you've got some new techniques that you want to try. I know I do! I am super stoked about my project for today. And it solves a dilemma that we've had in my kids' room for a while. What you see above is 2 pieces of PVC. And some fab DecoArt Media Fluid Acrylics ! So, what am I doing with PVC, you ask? Well, my mom bought my son a light saber(Darth Vader's) for Christmas, and he wanted to display it, but we weren't really sure where in his room, and how. I wanted something cooler than hooks, and we thought it would be neat to have the light saber vertical, instead of horizontal. Plus, there was a fab spot for it if it hung in that direction. So, my husband came up with the PVC pip idea, and I altered the pieces. The end cap holds the base, and the small piece of pipe holds up near the end. And the 2 pieces are spaced out enough so that...