Skip to main content

Frida Cat: Day 7 of 31

Hello again, my ghoulish friends! Today is Day 7 of the 31 Days of Halloween. Week one has already come to an end! Today, I have a card featuring the Frida Cat stamp from Stampendous, and I am pretty sure a lot of you will love it.


Supplies:
Stampendous:
R291: Frida Cat
EP222: Carnelian PEARLustre Embossing Powder
EP219: Amethyst PEARLustre Embossing Powder
VM001: VersaMark Ink Pad
STF082: VersaFine Ink in Onyx Black

Other:
My Colors Cardstock: Mint Julep
Zig Clean Color Markers: 041, 043, 044, 045, 052, 53, 070, 082, 084, 090, 095, 097, 098, 901
Beacon Adhesieves: Zip Dry Glue
Canson: Mixed Media Paper
EK Success: Medium Corner Rounder

Directions:
1. Stamp the image on to Canson Mixed Media Paper using VersaFine Ink in Onyx Black.

2. Color the image using the Zig Clean Color Markers listed.

3. Trim the image and round the corners using a Medium Corner Rounder.

4. Cut the card base out of Mint Julep cardstock to the size of 5 1/2" x 8."

5. Ink the top and bottom sides with VersaMark Ink.

6. Sprinkle Carnelian embossing powder on to those 2 sides and heat set.

7. Ink the 2 remaining sides of the card base with VersaMark Ink.

8. Sprinkle Amethyst embossing powder on to them and heat set.

9. Glue the colored image on to the card base with Zip Dry Glue.

Please be sure to visit the rest of the Wicked Bloggers. They are all listed below. Thanks for stopping by. Have a fangtastic day!


Terra
Black Dragon
Susan
LeighSBDesigns
Lyneen
Stampendous Stamps
Lost Coast Designs/Carmen's Veranda
Tee
Alison (that's me!)
Sarah
Nan
Airless Chambers
Jessica
Kat
Shell

Comments

Tink said…
Beautiful card!
Diana said…
Love the color combo. its really pretty with the cat on the shoulder
Mary Holshouser said…
Love this.
All dressed up for the party.
Kitty will go along for protection.
thanks for sharing.
Bonnie Irvine said…
What a fabulous image and beautiful colouring! I love that background with the embossing powders...so striking. Thanks for the inspiration. Bonnie (LeighSBDesigns DT)
ionabunny said…
Very cool. Every well dressed skeleton need a cat. Hugz
Denise Bryant said…
Love the Frida Cat design... awesome coloring!
Tee said…
Wow! beautiful colors! Love the Frida stamp!
Susan Renshaw said…
Really like this image - I may have to look for it!
Great colouring and great result!
Lorraine A said…
Ooh very spooky! I love this Frida Cat! what a fabulous stamp! the whole design of this is spookylicious! LOVE it :-)

thanks for joining us on the Simon Says Stamp Monday Challenge
Luv
Lols x x x
Unknown said…

Beautiful. You were right, I love it!
McStamper said…
Wow. What a spooky image. Beautiful coloring.

Popular posts from this blog

Holiday Hop and Collaboration: Day 5

Hello!  All of this week, the  Stampendous  and  Dreamweaver  teams have been playing with a mix of their products, along with some wonderful, SAND-ABLE papers from  Core'dinations . We've sanded our way to the "core" of all things Christmas and the Holiday season. ***If you are looking for my Day 17 post for the 31 Days of Halloween, please scroll down to my next post.*** Of course, there are prizes, and we are giving away the best...this time with a mix of fun  Core'dinations products as well. To be one of three prize package winners, follow the posted link lists from each day, leave comments, and winners will be selected from these comments at the beginning of next week.  I've been sharing a few car featuring the Stampendous set, Forest Friends . It's such a sweet set. I was going through my Dreamweaver Stencils, and I came across the Open X-Mas Tree . Then it came to me. Remember the part in Rudolph the Red-Nosed Reindeer, when the song Silv...

Echo Park Blog Hop with Imagine

Greetings! This is my second post for the day. This one is not part of the 31 Days of Halloween, but rather a super-duper blog hop that the Artists in Residence for Imagine are doing with Echo Park . So if you're here for my Day 7 project, please check out the post HERE . But before you do that, scroll on to check out this one. There are prizes up for grabs, so be sure to check out the Imagine Blog as well as the Echo Park Blogs for details. I created my background by applying Dandelion and Tangelo Memento Ink to my brayer. Then I sprayed it with Ink Potion No. 9 to help the colors blend and to act as an extender to keep the inks wet longer. After I rolled the colors out on to watercolor paper and let it dry, I stamped the lovely doily-like image from Echo Park's Simply Sweet Stamp Set with Grape Jelly Memento. I also received the super pretty Heart Doily Designer Die  which I used with a true purple cardstock. But it needed something....and in rolls the super fabul...

Deco Art and Andy Skinner Blog Hop Finale

Hello! It's time for the finale of the DecoArt and Stampendous blog hop. Have you enjoyed yourself this week? I bet you've got some new techniques that you want to try. I know I do! I am super stoked about my project for today. And it solves a dilemma that we've had in my kids' room for a while. What you see above is 2 pieces of PVC. And some fab DecoArt Media Fluid Acrylics ! So, what am I doing with PVC, you ask? Well, my mom bought my son a light saber(Darth Vader's) for Christmas, and he wanted to display it, but we weren't really sure where in his room, and how. I wanted something cooler than hooks, and we thought it would be neat to have the light saber vertical, instead of horizontal. Plus, there was a fab spot for it if it hung in that direction. So, my husband came up with the PVC pip idea, and I altered the pieces. The end cap holds the base, and the small piece of pipe holds up near the end. And the 2 pieces are spaced out enough so that...