Skip to main content

Ravens in Flight: Day 21 of 31

Greetings! Can you believe there are only 10 days left to the 31 Days of Halloween? Today I've got another card with an alcohol ink background. Admittedly, I made a whole bunch of these at once, so I will have one more of these backgrounds to share at a later date. What I love about them is how very different they can look from each other, even if you are using the same colors.

I thought this particular background looked very much like a sky, so I really wanted to use this older stamp from Stampendous. It's not available on the Stampendous web site any longer, but they do offer lots of other stamps that you can use to get a look similar to this one.

As in my post yesterday, I used Ranger's Alcohol Inks to create this background. I used Stonewashed, Eggplant, Cornflower, and Pitch Black on Epson Glossy Photo Paper. I blended the colors with Ranger's Blending Solution. Forgive the glare of my light in the photo above, but I wanted you to see the magnificent shimmer that the Delicata Black Shimmer ink from Imagine has. I love that this ink works on glossy paper.

I made my card base out of black cardstock. I edged it with VersaMark ink and then added Marcasite embossing powder. I love the holorgraphic sparkle that's in this powder.

That's my card for today. Please be sure to visit the rest of the Wicked Bloggers, all listed below. Thanks for stopping by. Have a creeptastic day!
Terra
Black Dragon
Susan
LeighSBDesigns
Lyneen
Stampendous Stamps
Lost Coast Designs/Carmen's Veranda
Tee
Alison (that's me!)
Sarah
Nan
Airless Chambers
Jessica
Kat
Shell

Comments

Denise Bryant said…
Great stamp and I love your alcohol ink background!
Mary Holshouser said…
The sky is fangtastic.
A dark and gloomy night.
thanks for sharing.
Spooktacular creation, love your sky combined with that FaBOOlous stamp!
Susan Renshaw said…
Love the alcohol background and this is a fabulous stamp! Great make!
Tee said…
A beautiful night sky scene! Love the color!

Popular posts from this blog

Holiday Hop and Collaboration: Day 5

Hello!  All of this week, the  Stampendous  and  Dreamweaver  teams have been playing with a mix of their products, along with some wonderful, SAND-ABLE papers from  Core'dinations . We've sanded our way to the "core" of all things Christmas and the Holiday season. ***If you are looking for my Day 17 post for the 31 Days of Halloween, please scroll down to my next post.*** Of course, there are prizes, and we are giving away the best...this time with a mix of fun  Core'dinations products as well. To be one of three prize package winners, follow the posted link lists from each day, leave comments, and winners will be selected from these comments at the beginning of next week.  I've been sharing a few car featuring the Stampendous set, Forest Friends . It's such a sweet set. I was going through my Dreamweaver Stencils, and I came across the Open X-Mas Tree . Then it came to me. Remember the part in Rudolph the Red-Nosed Reindeer, when the song Silv...

Echo Park Blog Hop with Imagine

Greetings! This is my second post for the day. This one is not part of the 31 Days of Halloween, but rather a super-duper blog hop that the Artists in Residence for Imagine are doing with Echo Park . So if you're here for my Day 7 project, please check out the post HERE . But before you do that, scroll on to check out this one. There are prizes up for grabs, so be sure to check out the Imagine Blog as well as the Echo Park Blogs for details. I created my background by applying Dandelion and Tangelo Memento Ink to my brayer. Then I sprayed it with Ink Potion No. 9 to help the colors blend and to act as an extender to keep the inks wet longer. After I rolled the colors out on to watercolor paper and let it dry, I stamped the lovely doily-like image from Echo Park's Simply Sweet Stamp Set with Grape Jelly Memento. I also received the super pretty Heart Doily Designer Die  which I used with a true purple cardstock. But it needed something....and in rolls the super fabul...

Deco Art and Andy Skinner Blog Hop Finale

Hello! It's time for the finale of the DecoArt and Stampendous blog hop. Have you enjoyed yourself this week? I bet you've got some new techniques that you want to try. I know I do! I am super stoked about my project for today. And it solves a dilemma that we've had in my kids' room for a while. What you see above is 2 pieces of PVC. And some fab DecoArt Media Fluid Acrylics ! So, what am I doing with PVC, you ask? Well, my mom bought my son a light saber(Darth Vader's) for Christmas, and he wanted to display it, but we weren't really sure where in his room, and how. I wanted something cooler than hooks, and we thought it would be neat to have the light saber vertical, instead of horizontal. Plus, there was a fab spot for it if it hung in that direction. So, my husband came up with the PVC pip idea, and I altered the pieces. The end cap holds the base, and the small piece of pipe holds up near the end. And the 2 pieces are spaced out enough so that...