Skip to main content

A Happy Heart Tag: Cat Lovers Hop

Greetings! Today I am participating in Janis Woolbright's Cat Lover's Blog Hop. If you are looking for my 31 Days of Halloween post, please click HERE. I am definitely a cat lover, as I have 2 black cats of my own. But my project for this hop has a very brightly colored cat from Laurel Burch on it. You can get the Laurel Burch stamps through Stampendous. The full instructions on how to make this tag are below.


Supplies:
Stampendous:
LBV008: A Happy Heart
SSCL104: Laurel Burch Fish Wishes Perfectly Clear Stamps
DP111: Detail Black Embossing Powder

Other:
Ranger: Distress Oxide Inks in Picked Raspberry, Seedless Preserves, Salty Ocean, Twisted Citron
Imagine: VersaFine Ink in Onyx Black
Sizzix: Framelets #658784
Zig Clean Color Real Brush Markers: 025, 027, 033, 036, 041, 042, 051, 050
Canson: Mixed Media Paper
Strathmore: Smooth Bristol Paper
Scrapbook Adhesives: Tape Roller
Creative Impressions: Purple Chiffon Ribbon
Anti-Static Powder Tool


Directions:
1. Stamp A Happy Heart on to Mixed Media Paper with VersaFine Ink.

2. Color the image in using the markers listed and cut the image out.

3. Die cut the 1 5/8" x 3 1/4" tag out of Bristol paper.

4. Apply Distress Oxides to a craft mat or an acrylic block randomly and spritz with water.

5. Press the tag into the wet ink and push the colors around a bit. Heat set to speed up the drying process if you wish.

6. Dip the tag into the colors again. Heat set again, and repeat until you are satisfied with the results.

7. Apply Anti-Static Powder Tool to the tag to ensure embossing powder won't stick anywhere but where you want it.

8. Stamp sentiment with VersaFine Ink.

9. Apply Detail Black Embossing Powder to the sentiment and heat set.

10. Adhere the Happy Heart image to the tag.

11. Tie a piece of ribbon to the tag.

If you would like to see more from this hop, please visit the Stampendous Blog. Thanks for stopping by. Have an inspiring day!

Comments

This is the cutest tag ever! I love that fun blend of colors and that sweet design!
ionabunny said…
That's gorgeous. Fab background and I love that fun cat. Hugz
Unknown said…
Love your tag! Oxide inks are incredible. I think I need anti-static powder tool, didn't know such a thing existed.
Donna Ellis said…
Whoa! Fabulously vibrant in those amazing jewel tones, with your oh-so-happy kitty not only nestled so contentedly in those colors, but to be immersed in them as well! Wonderful tag, Alison, and such a great design for a fun tag. hugs, de
Tink said…
Such a cute tag! Love the cat!!
Denise Bryant said…
Pretty tag! The Laurel Burch cat designs are some of my favorites!
deniseb777ATgmailDOTcom
US
Viki Banaszak said…
What a great tag! so colorful!
Mary Holshouser said…
Love the tag.
The backgrounds colors are
great and the cat is cute.
thanks for sharing.
Tee said…
Gorgeous stamp and tag! Love your background! thealteredpaper@gmail USA
Christi Conley said…
Stunning tag! Your coloring is SO vibrant and happy! Thank you for hopping with the Cat Lovers Blog hop ~ Christi Stampn Diva {at} yahoo {dot} com USA
Stampendous said…
Love your galaxy background. Such a fun technique and so colorful! Thanks so much for sharing with us and the Cat Lovers' Blog Hop!!
Adorable tag. Great background. Thanks for the inspiration
Jean said…
Love love love these cats!
Karenladd said…
Haha, this cat image can't help but make me smile. I love the dramatic and gorgeous color combo and the artsy look of your beautiful tag.
Vic said…
Great color combination, a very pretty tag.
SHartl said…
What an awesome tag. I love how that red heart really stands out against the background and adorable cat. These Laurel Burch stamps are fantastic!!
Sue D said…
Sweet sentiment and so cute with the cat holding a heart.
slrdowney at hotmail dot com USA
This is such a sweet tag !!!
Janis said…
Totally PAW-some tag. That background is amazing and just purr-fect for this LB cat!! Wow...just stunning.

Thank you so much for joining in the #CatLoversHop2017!!!
<3 J

jwoolbright at gmail dot com
HerPeacefulGarden.blogspot.com

Popular posts from this blog

Holiday Hop and Collaboration: Day 5

Hello!  All of this week, the  Stampendous  and  Dreamweaver  teams have been playing with a mix of their products, along with some wonderful, SAND-ABLE papers from  Core'dinations . We've sanded our way to the "core" of all things Christmas and the Holiday season. ***If you are looking for my Day 17 post for the 31 Days of Halloween, please scroll down to my next post.*** Of course, there are prizes, and we are giving away the best...this time with a mix of fun  Core'dinations products as well. To be one of three prize package winners, follow the posted link lists from each day, leave comments, and winners will be selected from these comments at the beginning of next week.  I've been sharing a few car featuring the Stampendous set, Forest Friends . It's such a sweet set. I was going through my Dreamweaver Stencils, and I came across the Open X-Mas Tree . Then it came to me. Remember the part in Rudolph the Red-Nosed Reindeer, when the song Silv...

Echo Park Blog Hop with Imagine

Greetings! This is my second post for the day. This one is not part of the 31 Days of Halloween, but rather a super-duper blog hop that the Artists in Residence for Imagine are doing with Echo Park . So if you're here for my Day 7 project, please check out the post HERE . But before you do that, scroll on to check out this one. There are prizes up for grabs, so be sure to check out the Imagine Blog as well as the Echo Park Blogs for details. I created my background by applying Dandelion and Tangelo Memento Ink to my brayer. Then I sprayed it with Ink Potion No. 9 to help the colors blend and to act as an extender to keep the inks wet longer. After I rolled the colors out on to watercolor paper and let it dry, I stamped the lovely doily-like image from Echo Park's Simply Sweet Stamp Set with Grape Jelly Memento. I also received the super pretty Heart Doily Designer Die  which I used with a true purple cardstock. But it needed something....and in rolls the super fabul...

Deco Art and Andy Skinner Blog Hop Finale

Hello! It's time for the finale of the DecoArt and Stampendous blog hop. Have you enjoyed yourself this week? I bet you've got some new techniques that you want to try. I know I do! I am super stoked about my project for today. And it solves a dilemma that we've had in my kids' room for a while. What you see above is 2 pieces of PVC. And some fab DecoArt Media Fluid Acrylics ! So, what am I doing with PVC, you ask? Well, my mom bought my son a light saber(Darth Vader's) for Christmas, and he wanted to display it, but we weren't really sure where in his room, and how. I wanted something cooler than hooks, and we thought it would be neat to have the light saber vertical, instead of horizontal. Plus, there was a fab spot for it if it hung in that direction. So, my husband came up with the PVC pip idea, and I altered the pieces. The end cap holds the base, and the small piece of pipe holds up near the end. And the 2 pieces are spaced out enough so that...