I really wanted to use the Laurel Burch Tribal Cats stamp set, because the dies would cut out a nice big window for my shaker area. I started off by die cutting my black cardstock with the 3 pieces of the cat. Then I cut a piece of acetate (from the packaging of a stamp) and temporarily adhered it to the back of the black cardstock. I set my cat head up on an acrylic block, inked it with StazOn ink and flipped the cardstock and acetate combo over on top of the stamp. The acetate was a window to the stamp, so that I was able to place it correctly. I repeated this for the cat's body and tail, for which I used the swirly stamp.
I removed the acetate so that I could heat emboss my sentiment, and then I permanently glued the acetate back on to the cardstock. Then I added foam tape all over the back of the acetate, making sure to get in between the little pieces so that I wouldn't lose my Sparkle Blends behind the black cardstock. For my background, I used a piece of glossy photo paper that I had colored up with alcohol inks. Once I had filled my shaker, I placed the background on top of the shaker to seal it shut.
Next I created my card base out of the same black cardstock I used for the top layer, and I also added a layer of bright blue cardstock for an extra pop of color. It pulls out the little bits of blue in my alcohol ink background too.
I think this card came out great, although it's a little tough to photograph! It's creating shadows where the stamped image hovers over the background. I apologize about that. I will definitely be making more shaker cards in this style again. I hope you'll give it a try too! Thanks for stopping by. Have an inspiring day!