Skip to main content

Painted Peony

Hello! Today I am sharing a new card that features the Spring Fling Sparkle Blend from Doodles Paper Playground. In my last few posts, I have mentioned how I can't wait for the last bit of Winter's cold to blow on out of New York, and today is no different. The sequin colors of Spring Fling are so cheery! I decided to also work with the gorgeous Fresh Peony stamp from Stampendous.


I started off by applying gold embossing paste to my black card base by using a palette knife and the stencil that accompanies the Fresh Peony stamp set. I didn't smooth out the paste like I usually do, I kept it a little textured. Next, using hte same cardstock I used for my base, I stamped the peony and 2 sets of leaves with VersaMark Ink and heat embossed it with Detail Gold embossing powder.

Then it was time to paint! I painted the flowers and foliage with my FineTec pearlescent watercolors. You can see how shimmery and beautiful the colors are. In person, the colors are even more amazing. I decided to split up one set of leaves just to create some variation. I glued all of my pieces down with a strong adhesive. Then it was time to apply the sequins! I decided to go in a pattern with the colors, using pink first, then blue, then green. I cut some of the sequins in half, to go where the lattice pattern was split. All of the sequins was adhered with On Point Glue from Imagine.

I really love how the sequins pulls out the shades from the watercolors. And the colors all pop so nicely against the black background. And for some exciting news, soon Doodles Paper Playground will be releasing several new Sparkle Blends! I've had a sneak peek, and by am I excited to share them with you. They are really beautiful! Remember, you can only get Sparkle Blends from White Rose Crafts LLC, so be sure to visit them to get your hands on some of the Limited Edition Sparkle Blends. I'll be back tomorrow with another project for Stampendous. Thanks for stopping by. Have an inspiring day!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Holiday Hop and Collaboration: Day 5

Hello!  All of this week, the  Stampendous  and  Dreamweaver  teams have been playing with a mix of their products, along with some wonderful, SAND-ABLE papers from  Core'dinations . We've sanded our way to the "core" of all things Christmas and the Holiday season. ***If you are looking for my Day 17 post for the 31 Days of Halloween, please scroll down to my next post.*** Of course, there are prizes, and we are giving away the best...this time with a mix of fun  Core'dinations products as well. To be one of three prize package winners, follow the posted link lists from each day, leave comments, and winners will be selected from these comments at the beginning of next week.  I've been sharing a few car featuring the Stampendous set, Forest Friends . It's such a sweet set. I was going through my Dreamweaver Stencils, and I came across the Open X-Mas Tree . Then it came to me. Remember the part in Rudolph the Red-Nosed Reindeer, when the song Silv...

Echo Park Blog Hop with Imagine

Greetings! This is my second post for the day. This one is not part of the 31 Days of Halloween, but rather a super-duper blog hop that the Artists in Residence for Imagine are doing with Echo Park . So if you're here for my Day 7 project, please check out the post HERE . But before you do that, scroll on to check out this one. There are prizes up for grabs, so be sure to check out the Imagine Blog as well as the Echo Park Blogs for details. I created my background by applying Dandelion and Tangelo Memento Ink to my brayer. Then I sprayed it with Ink Potion No. 9 to help the colors blend and to act as an extender to keep the inks wet longer. After I rolled the colors out on to watercolor paper and let it dry, I stamped the lovely doily-like image from Echo Park's Simply Sweet Stamp Set with Grape Jelly Memento. I also received the super pretty Heart Doily Designer Die  which I used with a true purple cardstock. But it needed something....and in rolls the super fabul...

Deco Art and Andy Skinner Blog Hop Finale

Hello! It's time for the finale of the DecoArt and Stampendous blog hop. Have you enjoyed yourself this week? I bet you've got some new techniques that you want to try. I know I do! I am super stoked about my project for today. And it solves a dilemma that we've had in my kids' room for a while. What you see above is 2 pieces of PVC. And some fab DecoArt Media Fluid Acrylics ! So, what am I doing with PVC, you ask? Well, my mom bought my son a light saber(Darth Vader's) for Christmas, and he wanted to display it, but we weren't really sure where in his room, and how. I wanted something cooler than hooks, and we thought it would be neat to have the light saber vertical, instead of horizontal. Plus, there was a fab spot for it if it hung in that direction. So, my husband came up with the PVC pip idea, and I altered the pieces. The end cap holds the base, and the small piece of pipe holds up near the end. And the 2 pieces are spaced out enough so that...