Skip to main content

Our Favorites: ADfD Blog Hop

***Sorry for the late posting....Blogger doesn't always play nice!
Today is the first day of our 
ADFD Blog Hop - a celebration of all of the beautiful images Tammy has created over the years. As a special surprise for Tammy, we have a combination of current and former DT members participating in the hop. Her inspiring art and generous heart have touched us all. We want to take a moment to show our gratitude and thank Tammy for the blessings and joys we have received as members of the ADFD DT.

Our theme is “A Collection of ADFD Favorites” - so each DT member’s blog you visit will share something she has created with one of her favorite ADFD images. The hop has hidden prizes - a commenter from each hidden prize stop will win a choice of one image from theADFD Shop! You won’t know where the prizes are hidden, so be sure to leave a comment at each stop of the Hop! Our Blog Hop will run from 7:00 a.m. eastern standard time on Saturday, February 25, 2017 until 9:00 p.m. eastern standard time on Tuesday, February 27, 2017.

In addition to the Blog Hop, we invite you to share your Favorite ADFD image in the final ADFD Blog Challenge. The linky will stay open until Friday, March 3rd. All prize winners will be announced on the ADFD Blog on Saturday, March 4, 2017. We hope you will join our celebration of the thousands of images Tammy has created. Rules for the challenge are posted on the right sidebar of the ADFD Blog - the last spot of the stop! 

For my project, I decided to use Water Talk. Are you more into mermaids or fairies? I personally am a total fairy girl myself, but this image was too pretty to resist. 


I colored this beauty with colored pencils. I really like coloring mermaids in unusual colors, in this case, those shades of green.


My background was done with watercolor paper and Colourcraft Brushos in Sea Green and Turquoise. My card base was inked up with Brilliance ink from Imagine in Pearlescent Sky Blue. My sentiment is from Stampendous' Ocean Wisdom set, and I added a few sequins. 


Are you ready to HOP?!? (If something happens or a link is broken on your hop, just come back here and start off where you left off.) Thanks so much for stopping by. Have an inspiring day!
                                                Alison (that's me!)
                                                Broni
                                                Cathy
                                                Cindy
                                                Danielle                                               
                                                Daria                                               
                                                Jen
                                                Juliana
                                                Kathy
                                                      Mila
                                                Tanja                                               
                                                Vera
                                                      ADFD Blog

Comments

Denise Bryant said…
Love the background you created and your beautiful coloring! Such a lovely mermaid image!
Bunny said…
Beautiful card. The background is incredible. I love that you can use colored pencils to make this.

I am definitely a fairy girl, too.

You're right, blogger doesn't always play nice.
Indy's Designs said…
Oh well, this is beautiful!
Tami said…
Really cool card!!
Michelle said…
I love mermaids and yours is great with the green skin. And the background is fantastic. It fits all together so nice.
Greetings Michelle
riliska said…
Stunning card, fab image and great coloring. Great details!!
Larisa said…
A lovely card with a really sweet image.
OlgaB said…
Great image and colouring. Love the sentiment too!
zub momi said…
Fabulous card! I love the background and your coloring of the beautiful mermaid :)
Beachsidelynn said…
My favorite mermaid. Love how you colored her and the background is beautiful.
Thanks for such a fabulous piece.
I am a mermaid girl, I live on the Chesapeake Bay so I love everything nautical. This mermaid is so lovely! The coloring is fantastic!

Hugs,
Chriss
www.chrissandlou.blogspot.com
Unknown said…
What a lovely card.
Debi said…
Wonderful! Love the coloring and choice of colors.
SiskiyouSue said…
You created a perfect background for this image. Beautiful.
Jeannean said…
Alison, great card! I am more of a mermaid girl although I color more fairies, LOL! I love your colors and have been a long admirer of Brusho techniques!!
cat said…
beautiful card, i would have to say that i am more in the fairy family
Nanasniftynitch said…
Lovely lovely card! I like fish tails... But am allergic to fish. And butterfly wings are oh so pretty. I love the colors you chose for your background, perfect for the image.
XO April
Gail Hutchinson said…
What a beautiful creation Alison. Love the colours you have chosen and your colouring is stunning.
Unknown said…
Ooh I love the striking colours abdximage in this card! Really gorgeous!
Lucy x
Granmargaret said…
Lovely card. Thank you for your inspiration on the A Day for Daisies blog hop.
ellenmcrawley said…
Love the colors you chose to use on this fun stamp.
bissecat said…
Great work .Mermaid girl and tekst and background are so beautiful.
Mel C said…
Beautiful coloring and BG! I love both mermaids & fairies but do more fairies.
Unknown said…
What a beautiful card, Alison!
Denise Goeldner said…
Beautiful creation, love your colouring and image is sweet.
Tina Z. said…
stunning card and amazing background.
Vivian Foo said…
This is amazing background! LOVE IT!
Wendy said…
What a beautiful image and card that you created from it...you always do outstanding artwork Alison. I am going to miss the A Day for Daisies Challenge site.

Popular posts from this blog

Holiday Hop and Collaboration: Day 5

Hello!  All of this week, the  Stampendous  and  Dreamweaver  teams have been playing with a mix of their products, along with some wonderful, SAND-ABLE papers from  Core'dinations . We've sanded our way to the "core" of all things Christmas and the Holiday season. ***If you are looking for my Day 17 post for the 31 Days of Halloween, please scroll down to my next post.*** Of course, there are prizes, and we are giving away the best...this time with a mix of fun  Core'dinations products as well. To be one of three prize package winners, follow the posted link lists from each day, leave comments, and winners will be selected from these comments at the beginning of next week.  I've been sharing a few car featuring the Stampendous set, Forest Friends . It's such a sweet set. I was going through my Dreamweaver Stencils, and I came across the Open X-Mas Tree . Then it came to me. Remember the part in Rudolph the Red-Nosed Reindeer, when the song Silv...

Echo Park Blog Hop with Imagine

Greetings! This is my second post for the day. This one is not part of the 31 Days of Halloween, but rather a super-duper blog hop that the Artists in Residence for Imagine are doing with Echo Park . So if you're here for my Day 7 project, please check out the post HERE . But before you do that, scroll on to check out this one. There are prizes up for grabs, so be sure to check out the Imagine Blog as well as the Echo Park Blogs for details. I created my background by applying Dandelion and Tangelo Memento Ink to my brayer. Then I sprayed it with Ink Potion No. 9 to help the colors blend and to act as an extender to keep the inks wet longer. After I rolled the colors out on to watercolor paper and let it dry, I stamped the lovely doily-like image from Echo Park's Simply Sweet Stamp Set with Grape Jelly Memento. I also received the super pretty Heart Doily Designer Die  which I used with a true purple cardstock. But it needed something....and in rolls the super fabul...

Deco Art and Andy Skinner Blog Hop Finale

Hello! It's time for the finale of the DecoArt and Stampendous blog hop. Have you enjoyed yourself this week? I bet you've got some new techniques that you want to try. I know I do! I am super stoked about my project for today. And it solves a dilemma that we've had in my kids' room for a while. What you see above is 2 pieces of PVC. And some fab DecoArt Media Fluid Acrylics ! So, what am I doing with PVC, you ask? Well, my mom bought my son a light saber(Darth Vader's) for Christmas, and he wanted to display it, but we weren't really sure where in his room, and how. I wanted something cooler than hooks, and we thought it would be neat to have the light saber vertical, instead of horizontal. Plus, there was a fab spot for it if it hung in that direction. So, my husband came up with the PVC pip idea, and I altered the pieces. The end cap holds the base, and the small piece of pipe holds up near the end. And the 2 pieces are spaced out enough so that...