Skip to main content

Our Favorites: ADfD Blog Hop

***Sorry for the late posting....Blogger doesn't always play nice!
Today is the first day of our 
ADFD Blog Hop - a celebration of all of the beautiful images Tammy has created over the years. As a special surprise for Tammy, we have a combination of current and former DT members participating in the hop. Her inspiring art and generous heart have touched us all. We want to take a moment to show our gratitude and thank Tammy for the blessings and joys we have received as members of the ADFD DT.

Our theme is “A Collection of ADFD Favorites” - so each DT member’s blog you visit will share something she has created with one of her favorite ADFD images. The hop has hidden prizes - a commenter from each hidden prize stop will win a choice of one image from theADFD Shop! You won’t know where the prizes are hidden, so be sure to leave a comment at each stop of the Hop! Our Blog Hop will run from 7:00 a.m. eastern standard time on Saturday, February 25, 2017 until 9:00 p.m. eastern standard time on Tuesday, February 27, 2017.

In addition to the Blog Hop, we invite you to share your Favorite ADFD image in the final ADFD Blog Challenge. The linky will stay open until Friday, March 3rd. All prize winners will be announced on the ADFD Blog on Saturday, March 4, 2017. We hope you will join our celebration of the thousands of images Tammy has created. Rules for the challenge are posted on the right sidebar of the ADFD Blog - the last spot of the stop! 

For my project, I decided to use Water Talk. Are you more into mermaids or fairies? I personally am a total fairy girl myself, but this image was too pretty to resist. 


I colored this beauty with colored pencils. I really like coloring mermaids in unusual colors, in this case, those shades of green.


My background was done with watercolor paper and Colourcraft Brushos in Sea Green and Turquoise. My card base was inked up with Brilliance ink from Imagine in Pearlescent Sky Blue. My sentiment is from Stampendous' Ocean Wisdom set, and I added a few sequins. 


Are you ready to HOP?!? (If something happens or a link is broken on your hop, just come back here and start off where you left off.) Thanks so much for stopping by. Have an inspiring day!
                                                Alison (that's me!)
                                                Broni
                                                Cathy
                                                Cindy
                                                Danielle                                               
                                                Daria                                               
                                                Jen
                                                Juliana
                                                Kathy
                                                      Mila
                                                Tanja                                               
                                                Vera
                                                      ADFD Blog

Comments

Denise Bryant said…
Love the background you created and your beautiful coloring! Such a lovely mermaid image!
Bunny said…
Beautiful card. The background is incredible. I love that you can use colored pencils to make this.

I am definitely a fairy girl, too.

You're right, blogger doesn't always play nice.
Indy's Designs said…
Oh well, this is beautiful!
Tami said…
Really cool card!!
Michelle said…
I love mermaids and yours is great with the green skin. And the background is fantastic. It fits all together so nice.
Greetings Michelle
riliska said…
Stunning card, fab image and great coloring. Great details!!
Larisa said…
A lovely card with a really sweet image.
OlgaB said…
Great image and colouring. Love the sentiment too!
zub momi said…
Fabulous card! I love the background and your coloring of the beautiful mermaid :)
Beachsidelynn said…
My favorite mermaid. Love how you colored her and the background is beautiful.
Thanks for such a fabulous piece.
I am a mermaid girl, I live on the Chesapeake Bay so I love everything nautical. This mermaid is so lovely! The coloring is fantastic!

Hugs,
Chriss
www.chrissandlou.blogspot.com
Unknown said…
What a lovely card.
Debi said…
Wonderful! Love the coloring and choice of colors.
SiskiyouSue said…
You created a perfect background for this image. Beautiful.
Jeannean said…
Alison, great card! I am more of a mermaid girl although I color more fairies, LOL! I love your colors and have been a long admirer of Brusho techniques!!
cat said…
beautiful card, i would have to say that i am more in the fairy family
Nanasniftynitch said…
Lovely lovely card! I like fish tails... But am allergic to fish. And butterfly wings are oh so pretty. I love the colors you chose for your background, perfect for the image.
XO April
Gail Hutchinson said…
What a beautiful creation Alison. Love the colours you have chosen and your colouring is stunning.
Unknown said…
Ooh I love the striking colours abdximage in this card! Really gorgeous!
Lucy x
Granmargaret said…
Lovely card. Thank you for your inspiration on the A Day for Daisies blog hop.
ellenmcrawley said…
Love the colors you chose to use on this fun stamp.
bissecat said…
Great work .Mermaid girl and tekst and background are so beautiful.
Mel C said…
Beautiful coloring and BG! I love both mermaids & fairies but do more fairies.
Unknown said…
What a beautiful card, Alison!
Denise Goeldner said…
Beautiful creation, love your colouring and image is sweet.
Tina Z. said…
stunning card and amazing background.
Vivian Foo said…
This is amazing background! LOVE IT!
Wendy said…
What a beautiful image and card that you created from it...you always do outstanding artwork Alison. I am going to miss the A Day for Daisies Challenge site.

Popular posts from this blog

Christmas in July with Imagine Crafts & Stencil Girl!

Hello! Have you heard? The Imagine AIRs have been hopping with Stencil Girl! If you have been here before, you know I loooove me some stencils, so this collaboration was very exciting for me! The teams are hopping for 3 consecutive Saturdays, and this is week 2. I have the entire list of hop links at the bottom of the post. Be sure you don't miss anyone! I decided to to create an extra large gift tag with my new stencils. Using red cardstock, I taped down the Journal Texture #8 Stencil  and inked it up with Golden Glitz Delicata ink . I promise you, this is the BEST gold ink you will ever use! The Journal stamp only has 2 diamonds on it (it's a 4x4" stencil), so after I inked up the first pair, I moved over the stencil, lined it up, and inked again. Next I wanted to do something textural with the Urban Insiders Star . So I took some evergreen cardstock, taped down the star, and slathered on some yummy Iridescent Green Creative Medium . After the medium dried, I ga

Remembering Aletha

Greetings, Friends. This post today is part of a very special blog hop. We are celebrating the life of an amazingly talented artist and friend. The crafting community lost Aletha Jane Williams on May 5, 2019. Those of us that worked with her on Design Teams or on Challenge Blogs all agree that she was one of the sweetest and most talented women we knew. We are not here to mourn her loss though. This hop is happening in conjunction with a very special celebration of her life and her art that her husband Bob is holding in her home city of Tulsa, Oklahoma. Please join us in honoring our incredibly creative friend Aletha . My card features the "Remembering Aletha" Sprite, which Mitzi (owner and artist of Aurora Wings ) created specifically for this hop. She is generously giving the digi away to all, over on her blog. This sweet Sprite looks so much like Aletha, and I know she would have been honored. If you download this digi for yourself, please be sure to give a huge "