Skip to main content

You are Amazing

Hello crafty folks! Today I have a card featuring a very special Sparkle Blend from Doodles Paper Playground. I used the Harvest Joy Blend, which is only available through the White Rose Crafts October Subscription Kit. There are still some kits available, so if you would like to get your hands on this very special Sparkle Blend, and all of the other great items in it, grab it while you can.

I don't know about you, but sometimes I like to just color whatever image I am inspired by, and they don't always make it on to a card right away. That's what happened with this sweet dragon from Mama Elephant. He's from the fabulous Me and my Dragon stamp set. I ADORE this stamp set. If ever there was a stamp set made for me, it's this one. But back to my card. I stamped this guy with VersaFine Clair ink in Nocturne. Then I used watercolors from Recollections to paint him. I went back over the stamped image with a black PITT pen from Faber Castell because these watercolors leave a chalky finish over the stamped lines. I think it's time to invest in a higher quality set.

I used a very old piece of patterned paper from Basic Gray for my top layer, and I die cut a circle using an Elizabeth Crafts Designs circle. You can faintly see the stitching around the edge of the circle, which I love. Around the circle, I stamped my sentiment, which is from the Stampendous Circular Messages stamp set. I only stamped a portion of this sentiment, as I didn't want the words to go all the way around my circle.

For the shaker, I omitted the large leaves that come in the Sparkle Blend, as I didn't think they went with my dragon. There are some small ones in there though. The colors of this Sparkle Blend are so beautiful. You'll find opalescent reds, lots of oranges, gold, brown, and even a little green. These colors certainly say "harvest" to me. I opted to use a piece of patterned cardstock from DCWV for behind the shaker, so that if the sequins falls to the bottom, there is still something interesting to look at.

I put the layer with the shaker on to my brown card base, and added a bit of ric-rak and burgundy chiffon ribbon from May Arts. I thought they really brought out some of the colors that are in the Sparkle Blend.

This design came together pretty quickly, especially since I had pre-colored my dragon. I find that I often feel like doing something, but not for a specific project. It allows me to really be free with what I am making, and I can always manage to use those little elements at a later date. Please be sure to visit White Rose Crafts LLC to check out all of the amazing contents in the October Subscription Kit. And if you would like to check out all of the Sparkle Blends, you can shop HERE. White Rose Crafts is the exclusive distributor of Sparkle Blends. That's all for me today. I will have a project for Stampendous' 31 Days of Halloween tomorrow, so I hope you'll stop by. Thanks so much for visiting me. Have an inspiring day!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Christmas in July with Imagine Crafts & Stencil Girl!

Hello! Have you heard? The Imagine AIRs have been hopping with Stencil Girl! If you have been here before, you know I loooove me some stencils, so this collaboration was very exciting for me! The teams are hopping for 3 consecutive Saturdays, and this is week 2. I have the entire list of hop links at the bottom of the post. Be sure you don't miss anyone! I decided to to create an extra large gift tag with my new stencils. Using red cardstock, I taped down the Journal Texture #8 Stencil  and inked it up with Golden Glitz Delicata ink . I promise you, this is the BEST gold ink you will ever use! The Journal stamp only has 2 diamonds on it (it's a 4x4" stencil), so after I inked up the first pair, I moved over the stencil, lined it up, and inked again. Next I wanted to do something textural with the Urban Insiders Star . So I took some evergreen cardstock, taped down the star, and slathered on some yummy Iridescent Green Creative Medium . After the medium dried, I ga

Our Favorites: ADfD Blog Hop

***Sorry for the late posting....Blogger doesn't always play nice! Today is the first day of our  ADFD Blog Hop  - a celebration of all of the beautiful images Tammy has created over the years. As a special surprise for Tammy, we have a combination of current and former DT members participating in the hop. Her inspiring art and generous heart have touched us all. We want to take a moment to show our gratitude and thank Tammy for the blessings and joys we have received as members of the ADFD DT. Our theme is “A Collection of ADFD Favorites” - so each DT member’s blog you visit will share something she has created with one of her favorite ADFD images.  The hop has   hidden prizes  - a commenter from each hidden prize stop will win a choice of one image from the ADFD Shop ! You won’t know where the prizes are hidden, so be sure to leave a comment at each stop of the Hop!  Our Blog Hop will run from 7:00 a.m. eastern standard time on Saturday, February 25, 2017 until 9:00 p.m. eas

House Mouse Hop: Nurse Mouse

Hello! I am excited to bring you my first of two posts today. This post is for the House Mouse & Friends Blog Hop. My second will be for Aurora Wings. You can click HERE to see that post. But don't leave yet! Read to the bottom of my post to find out how you can have a shot at winningMy House Mouse project features the adorable Nurse Mouse stamp. My full instructions and supply list is below. Supplies: Stampendous : HMP62 : Nurse Mouse DWLX7026 : Chevron Stencil STF082: VersaFine Onyx Black Ink Others : My Colors Cardstock : Ocean Side Zig Clean Color Markers: 010, 020, 024, 028, 029, 050, 052, 064, 065, 069, 071, 072, 090, 091, 092, 094, 095, 096, 098, 222, 260, 302, 900, 901, 902 Imagine: Silver irRESISTable Pico Embellisher, StazOn White Opaque, Sponge Dauber Canson Mixed Media Cardstock Ranger: Water Brush Beacon Adhesives : Zip Dry Glue Red Cardstock: unknown Directions: 1. Stamp the image with VersaFine on to Mixed Media paper. This paper holds wa