Skip to main content

Color in Sticker Owl

Hello! I am so pleased to share my second project as a White Rose Crafts Design Team Member. This week, we are focusing on "Leaves and Harvest of Color," plus the October Add-Ons to the October Kit. October (and Autumn) is my favorite time of year, so this theme made me very happy. Also, White Rose Crafts has a Sketch Challenge going on right now, so I opted to use that for my card layout. You can check out the sketch at the bottom of my post.

For this card, I decided to work with the Papermania Glitter Color in Stickers- Owl. I colored my owl with PITT pencils from Faber Castell. What I really love about these stickers is that they are just that...stickers! No need for adding adhesive, no cutting. They are perfect for coloring on the go, and then you can apply them to your projects easily.

I used some oval dies that I had in my stash as a mat for the owl (and because it goes with the sketch) and then I worked on my background. The focus is definitely the Gold Shimmer Paper from Craft Creations. The iridescence is stunning! You'll be able to see the wide range of colors that is has on each of my pictures. I also added a few sequins from the Love Potion Sparkle Blend.

Look at the colors and shine on that Gold Shimmer Paper! I love it! And it tears really nicely as you can see. Lastly, I added a simple "Thanks" from Lawn Fawn and heat embossed it with white powder. This card would work with many sentiments. Now, let's compare my card to the sketch, shall we?

I'd say that that's pretty close! If you would like to play along with this month's Sketch Challenge, please click HERE for all of the details. And why not head over to the White Rose Crafts LLC shop to check out all of the wonderful October Add-On items that are on sale? Don't forget to use the code: HAPPY FALL to get your discount. I'll be back tomorrow with another project. Until then, thanks for stopping by. Have an inspiring day!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Holiday Hop and Collaboration: Day 5

Hello!  All of this week, the  Stampendous  and  Dreamweaver  teams have been playing with a mix of their products, along with some wonderful, SAND-ABLE papers from  Core'dinations . We've sanded our way to the "core" of all things Christmas and the Holiday season. ***If you are looking for my Day 17 post for the 31 Days of Halloween, please scroll down to my next post.*** Of course, there are prizes, and we are giving away the best...this time with a mix of fun  Core'dinations products as well. To be one of three prize package winners, follow the posted link lists from each day, leave comments, and winners will be selected from these comments at the beginning of next week.  I've been sharing a few car featuring the Stampendous set, Forest Friends . It's such a sweet set. I was going through my Dreamweaver Stencils, and I came across the Open X-Mas Tree . Then it came to me. Remember the part in Rudolph the Red-Nosed Reindeer, when the song Silv...

Echo Park Blog Hop with Imagine

Greetings! This is my second post for the day. This one is not part of the 31 Days of Halloween, but rather a super-duper blog hop that the Artists in Residence for Imagine are doing with Echo Park . So if you're here for my Day 7 project, please check out the post HERE . But before you do that, scroll on to check out this one. There are prizes up for grabs, so be sure to check out the Imagine Blog as well as the Echo Park Blogs for details. I created my background by applying Dandelion and Tangelo Memento Ink to my brayer. Then I sprayed it with Ink Potion No. 9 to help the colors blend and to act as an extender to keep the inks wet longer. After I rolled the colors out on to watercolor paper and let it dry, I stamped the lovely doily-like image from Echo Park's Simply Sweet Stamp Set with Grape Jelly Memento. I also received the super pretty Heart Doily Designer Die  which I used with a true purple cardstock. But it needed something....and in rolls the super fabul...

Deco Art and Andy Skinner Blog Hop Finale

Hello! It's time for the finale of the DecoArt and Stampendous blog hop. Have you enjoyed yourself this week? I bet you've got some new techniques that you want to try. I know I do! I am super stoked about my project for today. And it solves a dilemma that we've had in my kids' room for a while. What you see above is 2 pieces of PVC. And some fab DecoArt Media Fluid Acrylics ! So, what am I doing with PVC, you ask? Well, my mom bought my son a light saber(Darth Vader's) for Christmas, and he wanted to display it, but we weren't really sure where in his room, and how. I wanted something cooler than hooks, and we thought it would be neat to have the light saber vertical, instead of horizontal. Plus, there was a fab spot for it if it hung in that direction. So, my husband came up with the PVC pip idea, and I altered the pieces. The end cap holds the base, and the small piece of pipe holds up near the end. And the 2 pieces are spaced out enough so that...