Skip to main content

Enjoy the Little Things

Hello! This week, the White Rose Crafts team is  has a "Sentimental Script" theme, featuring Kelly Creates and other sentiments. Since I am still a newbie on the WRC Team, I don't have anything by Kelly Creates, but I do have a beautiful scripty die from Couture Creations called Enjoy the Little Things.

I was really inspired by the Craft Creations Shimmer Paper in Lilac. It die cut beautifully, however if I use it again with a delicate design such as this sentiment, I would first mount the Shimmer Paper on double sided sticky paper. It would add some substance to the the Shimmer Paper and make it easier to adhere.

Above, you can really see the shine and texture of the Shimmer Paper. It comes in a few other pretty colors too! For my background, I started off by stamping one of the Elegant Borders from Stampendous with Wilted Violet Distress Oxide. I don't stamp with the Oxide inks very often, but I should because they are lovely for this purpose.

Then I added Distress Oxide ink to my glass mat in Picked Raspberr, Twisted Citron, and Peacock Feathers. I spritzed them with water, and picked up the colors with a brush and splattered them on to my background. Because of the straight edge left from the border stamp, I thought that the background was missing something, so I brushed a layer of Twisted Citron to the very top and bottom. Then I applied my sentiment with On Point Glue from Imagine. I also added some white highlights with a Posca pen. For some additional sparkle, I used some VersaMark ink on the edge of my card base and heat embossed Ranger's Holographic embossing powder and added a few sequins from the Vixen Sparkle Blend from Doodles Paper Playground.

I love the cheery colors of this card, the beautiful shine from the Shimmer Paper and other embellishments, and that lovely border stamp. You can get all of these products at White Rose Crafts LLC. Thank you so much for stopping by. Have an inspiring day!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Holiday Hop and Collaboration: Day 5

Hello!  All of this week, the  Stampendous  and  Dreamweaver  teams have been playing with a mix of their products, along with some wonderful, SAND-ABLE papers from  Core'dinations . We've sanded our way to the "core" of all things Christmas and the Holiday season. ***If you are looking for my Day 17 post for the 31 Days of Halloween, please scroll down to my next post.*** Of course, there are prizes, and we are giving away the best...this time with a mix of fun  Core'dinations products as well. To be one of three prize package winners, follow the posted link lists from each day, leave comments, and winners will be selected from these comments at the beginning of next week.  I've been sharing a few car featuring the Stampendous set, Forest Friends . It's such a sweet set. I was going through my Dreamweaver Stencils, and I came across the Open X-Mas Tree . Then it came to me. Remember the part in Rudolph the Red-Nosed Reindeer, when the song Silv...

Echo Park Blog Hop with Imagine

Greetings! This is my second post for the day. This one is not part of the 31 Days of Halloween, but rather a super-duper blog hop that the Artists in Residence for Imagine are doing with Echo Park . So if you're here for my Day 7 project, please check out the post HERE . But before you do that, scroll on to check out this one. There are prizes up for grabs, so be sure to check out the Imagine Blog as well as the Echo Park Blogs for details. I created my background by applying Dandelion and Tangelo Memento Ink to my brayer. Then I sprayed it with Ink Potion No. 9 to help the colors blend and to act as an extender to keep the inks wet longer. After I rolled the colors out on to watercolor paper and let it dry, I stamped the lovely doily-like image from Echo Park's Simply Sweet Stamp Set with Grape Jelly Memento. I also received the super pretty Heart Doily Designer Die  which I used with a true purple cardstock. But it needed something....and in rolls the super fabul...

Deco Art and Andy Skinner Blog Hop Finale

Hello! It's time for the finale of the DecoArt and Stampendous blog hop. Have you enjoyed yourself this week? I bet you've got some new techniques that you want to try. I know I do! I am super stoked about my project for today. And it solves a dilemma that we've had in my kids' room for a while. What you see above is 2 pieces of PVC. And some fab DecoArt Media Fluid Acrylics ! So, what am I doing with PVC, you ask? Well, my mom bought my son a light saber(Darth Vader's) for Christmas, and he wanted to display it, but we weren't really sure where in his room, and how. I wanted something cooler than hooks, and we thought it would be neat to have the light saber vertical, instead of horizontal. Plus, there was a fab spot for it if it hung in that direction. So, my husband came up with the PVC pip idea, and I altered the pieces. The end cap holds the base, and the small piece of pipe holds up near the end. And the 2 pieces are spaced out enough so that...