Skip to main content

Fear of Spiders

Greetings! Do you have a fear of spiders? I know several people that do. I happen to not be the biggest fan of how spiders look, but I really appreciate what they do for the environment. I was inspired by the very cool web in the Spider Fear stamp set from Stampendous.

I started off by creating my background with glossy photo paper and Ranger Alcohol Inks. There are many options for types of paper that can be used with alcohol inks, but I like how inexpensive photo paper is, and I can get great results. For this background, I used Stonewashed, Eggplant, and Stream. I also used Ranger's Blending Solution to help move the color around.

After I was satisfied with my background, and it was totally dry, I inked up the spider web with StazOn ink in Jet Black. I like to let the stamp sit on the background for a little longer than a regular ink just to be sure that the StazOn transfers well. Next I applied my spider and sentiment using the same ink.

I mounted the background on to a black card base. This type of card is very quick to make. It only takes a few minutes to create the background, and stamping the images is fast too. Since there's no coloring involved, you can get a bunch of these done in no time. And if spiders aren't your thing, I bet you have other stamps that you can use in this way. Please be sure to visit the Stampendous Blog to see what other wonderful projects are being shared today. Thanks for stopping by. Have a spooktacular day!

Comments

ike said…
FANG-tastic. Awesome background and that really is a cool stamp :-) x
MadeByMeghanK said…
EEK! So creepy! what a great background!
Deborah said…
What an awesome card! Your bg is fabulous and really sets the tone for the card. It's nice to see an erie Halloween card once in a while very spooky. Wonderful project tfs.
FeM said…
I don’t care for spiders but they are around for a reason so I just try and ignore them. The background on your card is awesome! Great card.
Denise Bryant said…
Awesome card! Love the background you created for the web and spider! I am not a fan of spiders. I don't like finding them in the house!
Mary Holshouser said…
The background makes the whole
card even scarier.
Fangtastic card.
thanks for sharing
txmlhl(at)yahoo(dot)com
IL
Becca Yahrling said…
This is gorgeous! The spiderweb pairs beautifully with this background, IMO. I'm not afraid of spiders myself (hubby is!) and I have a beautiful garden spider in my window (outside) that I love admiring every day. :-)
sharon g said…
A spider theme is perfect for Halloween. I don't usually care for spiders, but I have actually left them in place at times. They eat up worse bugs in my house. That sounds horrible, but I hate the other bugs more. I like your choice of theme :)
cghundley said…
Spooky fun with
the great back
ground and neat
stamps.
Carla from Utah
Laurie2cats said…
Cool card - love this background technique. I actually like spiders because they eat pesky bugs.

Popular posts from this blog

Holiday Hop and Collaboration: Day 5

Hello!  All of this week, the  Stampendous  and  Dreamweaver  teams have been playing with a mix of their products, along with some wonderful, SAND-ABLE papers from  Core'dinations . We've sanded our way to the "core" of all things Christmas and the Holiday season. ***If you are looking for my Day 17 post for the 31 Days of Halloween, please scroll down to my next post.*** Of course, there are prizes, and we are giving away the best...this time with a mix of fun  Core'dinations products as well. To be one of three prize package winners, follow the posted link lists from each day, leave comments, and winners will be selected from these comments at the beginning of next week.  I've been sharing a few car featuring the Stampendous set, Forest Friends . It's such a sweet set. I was going through my Dreamweaver Stencils, and I came across the Open X-Mas Tree . Then it came to me. Remember the part in Rudolph the Red-Nosed Reindeer, when the song Silv...

Echo Park Blog Hop with Imagine

Greetings! This is my second post for the day. This one is not part of the 31 Days of Halloween, but rather a super-duper blog hop that the Artists in Residence for Imagine are doing with Echo Park . So if you're here for my Day 7 project, please check out the post HERE . But before you do that, scroll on to check out this one. There are prizes up for grabs, so be sure to check out the Imagine Blog as well as the Echo Park Blogs for details. I created my background by applying Dandelion and Tangelo Memento Ink to my brayer. Then I sprayed it with Ink Potion No. 9 to help the colors blend and to act as an extender to keep the inks wet longer. After I rolled the colors out on to watercolor paper and let it dry, I stamped the lovely doily-like image from Echo Park's Simply Sweet Stamp Set with Grape Jelly Memento. I also received the super pretty Heart Doily Designer Die  which I used with a true purple cardstock. But it needed something....and in rolls the super fabul...

Deco Art and Andy Skinner Blog Hop Finale

Hello! It's time for the finale of the DecoArt and Stampendous blog hop. Have you enjoyed yourself this week? I bet you've got some new techniques that you want to try. I know I do! I am super stoked about my project for today. And it solves a dilemma that we've had in my kids' room for a while. What you see above is 2 pieces of PVC. And some fab DecoArt Media Fluid Acrylics ! So, what am I doing with PVC, you ask? Well, my mom bought my son a light saber(Darth Vader's) for Christmas, and he wanted to display it, but we weren't really sure where in his room, and how. I wanted something cooler than hooks, and we thought it would be neat to have the light saber vertical, instead of horizontal. Plus, there was a fab spot for it if it hung in that direction. So, my husband came up with the PVC pip idea, and I altered the pieces. The end cap holds the base, and the small piece of pipe holds up near the end. And the 2 pieces are spaced out enough so that...