Skip to main content

Crowned Skull

Halloween Greetings to you! I have a project for the Stampendous 31 Days of Halloween to share with you today. I used the new Crowned Skull stamp for this card.

I started off with a background that I had made some time ago with Distress Oxides. I like to make a bunch of backgrounds at once, so that I have plenty to choose from when I need it. This particular background uses Wilted Violet, Faded Jeans, Peeled Paint, and I think a little Antique Linen. I put lots of water droplets on it when I made it to show the oxidation.

For my stamp, I used VersaFine Clair Ink in Nocturne, and it stamped the image out beautifully. I wanted some of the details of the stamp to show up more, so I colored in the roses, the leaves, the crown, and parts of the skull using Zig Clean Color Real Brush Markers. I also added a few highlights of white with a Posca Pen.

Before adding my stamped layer to my Kraft card base, I decided I needed a little texture. I applied VersaMark ink to 2 edges at a time, then sprinkled on Aged Spice Embossing Powder, and heat set it from the bottom. Then I repeated it on the other 2 sides. This was exactly what the card needed.

This card came together very quickly because I already had my background made, and I did minimal coloring. I think the effect of the Distress Oxide Inks behind the stamped image is great, and it fits right in to the 31 Days of Halloween. Please be sure to visit the Stampendous Blog for more Halloween projects. Thanks for stopping by. Have an inspiring day!

Comments

Carolina Kathy said…
Love your Oxide inks making such a great back drop for the skeleton! Great scary card!
Jeanne Beam said…
Thanks for sharing your Halloween card. Love the colors...
Deborah said…
Wow this card is fabulous! It's as if your bg was just waiting to be stamped with this awesome stamp. Your attention to detail is spot on great job all around tfs.
TrainWithMeghan said…
EEK! What a creepy image but BEAUTIFUL COLORING!!!
Becca Yahrling said…
I L*O*V*E this wonderful, yet creepy, image. I love the roses and the script with the skull. And I love the pretty colors you used.
sharon g said…
Creepy, but not too creepy. I really like your flower colors. NICE job.
Mary Holshouser said…
Love the background colors.
Has a vintage look to it.
Fangtastic.
thanks for sharing
txmlhl(at)yahoo(dot)com
IL
Denise Bryant said…
Awesome Crowned Skull design! Love your spooky card!
Fe Orot Mejia said…
Kind of spooky but cute spooky.
cghundley said…
Fabulous coloring on
your card. Love the
purple.
Carla from Utah
BethW said…
Said WOW! out loud twice over your fantastic creation. Absolutely amazing.
Laurie B. said…
Wonderful card: nice colors and skillful coloring

Popular posts from this blog

House Mouse Hop: Nurse Mouse

Hello! I am excited to bring you my first of two posts today. This post is for the House Mouse & Friends Blog Hop. My second will be for Aurora Wings. You can click HERE to see that post. But don't leave yet! Read to the bottom of my post to find out how you can have a shot at winningMy House Mouse project features the adorable Nurse Mouse stamp. My full instructions and supply list is below.
Supplies:
Stampendous:
HMP62: Nurse Mouse
DWLX7026: Chevron Stencil
STF082: VersaFine Onyx Black Ink

Others:
My Colors Cardstock: Ocean Side
Zig Clean Color Markers: 010, 020, 024, 028, 029, 050, 052, 064, 065, 069, 071, 072, 090, 091, 092, 094, 095, 096, 098, 222, 260, 302, 900, 901, 902
Imagine: Silver irRESISTable Pico Embellisher, StazOn White Opaque, Sponge Dauber
Canson Mixed Media Cardstock
Ranger: Water Brush
Beacon Adhesives: Zip Dry Glue
Red Cardstock: unknown
Directions:
1. Stamp the image with VersaFine on to Mixed Media paper. This paper holds water well, so since I used a water brush…

Holiday Spirit: Aurora Wings Challenge #73

Seasons Greetings! Today I have a project for the latest Aurora Wings Challenge which is "Holiday Spirit." I decided to take the theme as a two-fer. Not only is this a holiday card, but the "spirits" are flowing too.

I used the Wine Sprite for my card, and gave her a Merlot look. I colored her with my Zig Clean Color Real Brush Markers. Here's a closeup.

I found a lovely paper in my stash from Wild Rose Studio from their Holly Lane collection. For my sentiment, I had some pretty red glitter cardstock from DCWV that I die cut with an old alphabet set from QuicKutz. I also added some sequins from a few different Sparkle Blends from Doodles Paper Playground. The sequins and the sentiment were all glued on with On Point Glue from Imagine.

On my card base, I inked the edges with Antique Linen Distress Ink, and then Peeled Paint Distress Ink. After I adhered my background to my base, I added Rock Candy Stickles to the edges. This gave just a touch of sparkle.

So &quo…

Windowrama and Helebore

Hello! The January 2019 catalog from Stampendous is officially out! You are going to love the new products, especially the new die set that the team is featuring this week. It's called the Windorama Die Set and it is so versatile and fun! I will be suing this die set quite a bit! I am also using some of the newest stamps, including the Small Hellebore. I love hellebore flowers... I have some growing in my garden. I love their deep and unusual colors, which I tried to capture in my project for today. My full instructions are below.
Supplies:
Stampendous:
RS-Q241: Small Hellebore
DCP1012: Windowrama Die Set
6CR011: Dahlia Collage
SSC1308: Script Sayings
DP111: Detail Black Embossing Powder

Other:
Bazzill: Parrot
Zig Clean Color Real Brush Markers: 040, 046, 047, 053, 082, 090, 095
Imagine: VersaMark, Sweet Plum Memento Ink, VersaFine Clair Ink in Nocturne
Lavender and green cardstock
Scrapbook Adhesives: EZ Runner
Posca Pen: White
Canson Mixed Media XL

Directions:
1. Stamp the Hellebore image…