Skip to main content

It's Halloween! Day 31 of 31 Days & SBS Great Pumpkin Exchange Hop

Happy Halloween/Samhain! I can't believe it's here! Halloween 2011. I am so sad to say goodbye to this wonderful month. I am having some serious technical difficulties today, what with my main computer crapping our on us. Plus, the laptop I'm typing on could very well explode at any given moment. ;) Add to that the lack of heat in my house today, and, well...things aren't exactly going quite right at the moment. Originally, I was going to make a layout of me in my costume, since I wore it to Phoenix's school the other day. But I couldn't print b/c of the whole computer issue.
But on to what I did make for the last day of the Smeared & Smudged 31 Days of Halloween. I figured I would make one more of those clean and simple cards (which I just learned was what CAS meant- I didn't have a clue what it stood for!). Plus, today I am sharing my Simply Betty Stamps Secret Pumpkin gift. If you haven't been following the story on what that is, click HERE. But before I show you the Great Pumpkin gift, let me show you my card.

This is yet another of those fabulous $1.00 Inkadinkado stamps. I smudged some Pumice Stone Distress Ink behind the tombstone, and inked the image with StazOn. I also used some Diamond Stickles as I did with the other 2 cards that had this vibe. I drew the border in with a watercolor marker.


I do wish the month had more than 31 days, as I had so many other projects I wanted to make and share with you. Bottles, more pendants, scrapbook pages. One thing is for sure, I will be making more Halloween projects soon. Hopefully next month! :) I just can't wait until next year to make more.
On to my Secret Pumpkin. My gift was from Rio, Betty's daughter. And what a cool gift it was!


Check out this super cool bucket! All of those fabulous ribbons! The spooky paper! And what was inside??? My socks and TWIX! My absolute favorite candy bar!!! Yummy! There will be no sharing of the Twix bars. ;)

And here are the awesome socks Rio sent me. The picture is quite crooked, I know....that's because Phoenix took it! Pardon my pants...they look silly around my thighs like that! A super HUGE thank you to Rio, I adore my bucket, my Twix and my socks! I will have that bucket out all year! Did I mention that she even stamped my name on to the lid? I'm sorry...I should have taken a pic of that too...my mind is a little blown right now from the ruckus here. Here is the list for today's Secret Pumpkin Hop:
 Start: SBS Blog 
Alison (me!)
Ends back here: SBS Blog

One more pic...I wanted to show you what my makeup looked like the other day. I will most definitely be using this on a layout soon.

Yes, I did the makeup myself. Yes, I will be doing it again today. See the little blue rhinestones? The folks at Phoenix's school really liked it. I hope you'll be back when I make the scrapbook page. I already know what I'll be doing for it. Now to fix that damn computer....
It's been an amazing month! You all said such wonderful things! And what's more...I was so inspired by all of the Wicked Bloggers! I couldn't comment nearly as much as I would have liked...but I was there with you, through the whole thing. You guys all rock! But you do have one more day to get through! Be sure to visit ALL of the Wicked Bloggers, listed in my side bar. Thank you SO much for stopping by. I really hope you will be back soon. Have an absolutely spook-tacular day!!!

Comments

Mary M. said…
Your makeup is fanatastic. You are very talented. We have to make my granddaughter a Little Red Riding Hood/Bad Wolf today and only make a few whiskers and I'm wondering if we're capable!!
Robin said…
Wow! That make-up job would make a great stamp. Love the cards and gifts. That bucket Rio did is awesome. I didn't know what CAS was either. Haven't seen it yet but will be looking for it now. Thanks for sharing.
sammi said…
Awesome goodies from your Great Pumpkin and your makeup is absolutely fabulous, Wow! Oh and love love love the socks!
Jovan said…
WOW...great card and bucket fun! I love those socks and your halloween make-up ROCKS!
ike said…
FABULOUS CAS card... that is a fab stamp for that price !!! I adore your awesome socks.... what a super gift. :-D That make up is amazing too - very clever indeed. Hope you have a stupendous Halloween xxxxxxxxxxx
Great card- how did I miss getting THAT stamp? hmmmmm, looks like more shopping for me! :)
you got the BESTEST socks of all! LOVE them!!!

Your makeup is absolutely FABULOUS!
Monique's art said…
love the card and the stamp is so awesome.

love the beautiful make up and you socks
misteejay said…
What a super card and that bucket is fab. Love the socks and that make-over is spooktacular.

Toni xx
Alison, everything you've shown us here today is wonderful, but I'm so freakin' in awe of the way you look in that last photo! Love, love, LOVE it! :D
KristyLee said…
Love your socks! cool tin!
YOU look gorgeous as Dia Da Los Mourtes Bride! Awesome! Your so pretty, any but way cool here too~
Happy Halloween!
Peace,
KristyLee
Alison... I love your CAS card!!! It did make me chuckle that you just learned what that meant!!! We learn new things everyday!!! I love Rio's Pail and your socks are awesome!!! I love your costume and your make up is marvelous!!! I am so glad I got a chance to get to know you better and hope to get to know you even more as the days go by!!! Say warm and safe!!! Can't wait for to your costume scrap page!!!! Hugs!!
Ellis said…
Great things you got from Rio and fabulous makeup, you look great!
Hugs, Elenor
Scrap Vamp said…
Wow, the makeup on you is fabulous!!! Love the socks, pail, and card!
Sharon Sahl said…
One more acronym deciphered - I love it! First on the last shot. That is such a wonderful makeup job. Are the kids old enough to appreciate it or did you scare the you know what out of them? Your card is lovely and would make a great set of notecards! Hope you are staying warm!
Unknown said…
Love your card the image is lovely. love your makeup
Luv Jane xxx
Susan said…
That's the stamp i used on my black mugs! I love the socks and your Makeup! Happy Halloween and Blessed Samhain!
hugs,
Susan
Steph said…
Love your CAS card, I just figured that out a day or two ago :)
Rio did a fabulous job on your pail and those socks are too cool.
Your makeup is flippin awesome! How gorgeous that is, can't wait to see your LO you create for it.
DonnaMundinger said…
Another FABULOUS CAS card and your makeup ROCKS! Lucky you with those cool socks and adorable bucket. Obviously Halloween has been very good to you this year. Thanks so much for all of the fab inspiration this month. xxD
Kathy said…
Love the cleanness of your cards! The paint pail is great, and love the socks! What a great exchange. Also, great job on your makeup! Thanks for sharing!
Bonnie said…
Just love the makeup !!!

Popular posts from this blog

Christmas in July with Imagine Crafts & Stencil Girl!

Hello! Have you heard? The Imagine AIRs have been hopping with Stencil Girl! If you have been here before, you know I loooove me some stencils, so this collaboration was very exciting for me! The teams are hopping for 3 consecutive Saturdays, and this is week 2. I have the entire list of hop links at the bottom of the post. Be sure you don't miss anyone! I decided to to create an extra large gift tag with my new stencils. Using red cardstock, I taped down the Journal Texture #8 Stencil  and inked it up with Golden Glitz Delicata ink . I promise you, this is the BEST gold ink you will ever use! The Journal stamp only has 2 diamonds on it (it's a 4x4" stencil), so after I inked up the first pair, I moved over the stencil, lined it up, and inked again. Next I wanted to do something textural with the Urban Insiders Star . So I took some evergreen cardstock, taped down the star, and slathered on some yummy Iridescent Green Creative Medium . After the medium dried, I ga

Our Favorites: ADfD Blog Hop

***Sorry for the late posting....Blogger doesn't always play nice! Today is the first day of our  ADFD Blog Hop  - a celebration of all of the beautiful images Tammy has created over the years. As a special surprise for Tammy, we have a combination of current and former DT members participating in the hop. Her inspiring art and generous heart have touched us all. We want to take a moment to show our gratitude and thank Tammy for the blessings and joys we have received as members of the ADFD DT. Our theme is “A Collection of ADFD Favorites” - so each DT member’s blog you visit will share something she has created with one of her favorite ADFD images.  The hop has   hidden prizes  - a commenter from each hidden prize stop will win a choice of one image from the ADFD Shop ! You won’t know where the prizes are hidden, so be sure to leave a comment at each stop of the Hop!  Our Blog Hop will run from 7:00 a.m. eastern standard time on Saturday, February 25, 2017 until 9:00 p.m. eas

Remembering Aletha

Greetings, Friends. This post today is part of a very special blog hop. We are celebrating the life of an amazingly talented artist and friend. The crafting community lost Aletha Jane Williams on May 5, 2019. Those of us that worked with her on Design Teams or on Challenge Blogs all agree that she was one of the sweetest and most talented women we knew. We are not here to mourn her loss though. This hop is happening in conjunction with a very special celebration of her life and her art that her husband Bob is holding in her home city of Tulsa, Oklahoma. Please join us in honoring our incredibly creative friend Aletha . My card features the "Remembering Aletha" Sprite, which Mitzi (owner and artist of Aurora Wings ) created specifically for this hop. She is generously giving the digi away to all, over on her blog. This sweet Sprite looks so much like Aletha, and I know she would have been honored. If you download this digi for yourself, please be sure to give a huge "