Skip to main content

October Bombshell Sketch, New SBS Release, and Day 12 of 31 Days of Halloween!

It’s time for another very full post from yours truly! I hope you’re in a comfy chair! Today I have a motorcycle, a Christmas mouse, and a casket! Quite a motley crew! Let’s start with the motorcycle!

Kathi has once again come up with a fantastic sketch for us Bombshell Stamps fanatics. I liked it so much, in fact…that I had it done at the end of September!!! I was trying to stay ahead of the game. That all went down the drain real quick!

I just got the Harley Bikes set. It is fabulous! I kept my coloring super simple here, but I think the end result looks like it took me a while.

I stamped the bike on kraft paper (the color is off here) Then I simply took some white acrylic paint, and a liner brush, and painted where there should be highlights. Honestly, the stamp itself did most of the work!

I used some floral (yes- floral!) paper to add a funky pattern. Can’t tell it’s a floral though, can you? ;) Please be sure to visit the Bombshell Blog to see the original sketch, and what the other DT gals came up with. Then, be sure to play along! You could win some Bombshell stamps of your choice!

Now, I think I’ll move on to Halloween…this week on the Smudgy Antics Blog, the challenge is Blackbirds. Easy as…pie! Hardy har har! I decided to make a bookmark.

I have those wooden casket boxes from Michaels (I think most of the Wicked Bloggers have at least 1 of those!). So I used it as a stencil to make my bookmark. It’s the perfect size! I cut out 2 in kraft paper (hmmm…a theme perhaps?), and 1 in cardboard.

I stamped a fabulous wood grain (All Night Media) on the kraft paper. I had pre stamped and cut Mr. Poe and his raven on 2 shades of gray cardstock. Stuck ‘em on, added some fabulous fibers, and stamped “Quoth the Raven.” Obviously, the Poe stuff is all from Smeared Ink

And now for some Christmas! I kid you not. Simply Betty Stamps is having another release! I know you are going to like this one! It’s great! There are 2 images being previewed today, but I am only bringing you one. I figured I had enough to share with you already today! :) Say hello to Lola and her little mouse friend.

No kraft paper here! Lots and lots of color though! I think this image is so sweet! And it doesn’t have to be used for just Christmas. It would be great for birthdays, or for thank you cards.

Look at that sweet mouse! I used my watercolor markers for this image. I love pink and teal together. It’s such a cheery combination. Especially with the bits of yellow.

Tomorrow I will have 2 more images to share from this new Simply Betty Stamps release. They will be available for purchase starting on Friday.  Until then, go on over to the SBS Blog to see what the rest of the DT created. PLUS! Our VERY special GDT member is non other than my girl Kelli! We are SO happy to have you with us for this release!

Thank you so much for hanging around till the end! I really am so grateful for all of your thoughts and comments. Have a spook-tacular day!

Comments

Susan said…
OMGoodness! you've been busy and it shows!

all 3 pieces are great :) I ADORE that motorcycle card, the simplicity of just the highlights make it pop, and look so real!

The Christmas card is VERY pretty, I love to see non traditional colors.
Thanks for all the eye candy!
Susan
Laura B said…
Wonderful creations! I love that bookmark!:)
hugs,
Laura
Sugar said…
all three are amazing. you're such a busy girl!
I love the casket tag though! awesome!!
ike said…
Super fab creations. I love that motorcycle. The POE tag is wonderful and your colouring on the SB image is divine :-) xxx
Alison... All of your projects are awesome!!! I love the motorcycle card! You did a wonderful job on it and I can NOT believe that the DP is a floral print!!! Way Cool!!! I love your Poe bookmark!!! I love the idea of tracing the coffin to get it shape!!! And last but not least your SBS is just adorable!!! You coloring and the DP are superb!!!!
Unknown said…
Lovely projects love the bookmark
Luv Jane xxx
Monique's art said…
awesome projects love them all
Sharon Sahl said…
Three super creative projects! I love the looks you come up with using kraft paper. The motocycle does look like it was a lot of work - should have kept us guessing on that one. And what a great idea to make a casket shaped bookmark. Love it!
KC said…
dude where do I begin?!? ok first off your bike is awesome! I love the highlights!! Poe rocks! and you rocked this tag! love that you made it a coffin I'm so stealing this idea! and Lola looks fab in her pink and teal! I like those colors for Christmas...ya thats right I just said I like pink;) love your work! your amazing!
ldfdesign said…
oh wow girl so much lovelyness! your highlights on the motorcycle is great! lovely way to showcase the image! i love your bookmark and might steal your idea to copy the coffin! and your coloring on lola is fantastic! fabolous all the way around!
Kim C said…
love the color combo on Lola!
KristyLee said…
Great cards and book mark, that is a cleaver idea to trace your coffin! Really cool!!
Peace,
KristyLee
sammi said…
Fabulous projects, Alison! Love the colors on the Simply Betty card!
Scrap Vamp said…
Fabulous work! The motorcycle is so cool and would be great for father's day! The Poe tag is awesome and the winter card is so cute!
Steph said…
WOWIE! How do you do it all?? Love the motorcycle card and the kraft with white. The bookmark rocks! I love the shape and will have to find my little coffin in all this mess and make one of my own. Adorable Christmas card, love the colors and that image is so sweet.
You amaze me :)
DonnaMundinger said…
WOW, what a busy gal you've been! Fab bike, the bookmark is brilliant, and the SBS cutie is an absolute doll. Gorgeous work, chickie! xxD
jennifer said…
all three are great, love Poe and the raven
callyannc said…
Freakin awesome ride! I love the colors you used for the SBS release too! Awesome! TFS CallyAnn
Kathi said…
I'm in love with the bookmark.
Wow you have been busy..... do you ever sleep LOL Three FAB projects! and all entirely different to the other. :)

Popular posts from this blog

Christmas in July with Imagine Crafts & Stencil Girl!

Hello! Have you heard? The Imagine AIRs have been hopping with Stencil Girl! If you have been here before, you know I loooove me some stencils, so this collaboration was very exciting for me! The teams are hopping for 3 consecutive Saturdays, and this is week 2. I have the entire list of hop links at the bottom of the post. Be sure you don't miss anyone! I decided to to create an extra large gift tag with my new stencils. Using red cardstock, I taped down the Journal Texture #8 Stencil  and inked it up with Golden Glitz Delicata ink . I promise you, this is the BEST gold ink you will ever use! The Journal stamp only has 2 diamonds on it (it's a 4x4" stencil), so after I inked up the first pair, I moved over the stencil, lined it up, and inked again. Next I wanted to do something textural with the Urban Insiders Star . So I took some evergreen cardstock, taped down the star, and slathered on some yummy Iridescent Green Creative Medium . After the medium dried, I ga

Our Favorites: ADfD Blog Hop

***Sorry for the late posting....Blogger doesn't always play nice! Today is the first day of our  ADFD Blog Hop  - a celebration of all of the beautiful images Tammy has created over the years. As a special surprise for Tammy, we have a combination of current and former DT members participating in the hop. Her inspiring art and generous heart have touched us all. We want to take a moment to show our gratitude and thank Tammy for the blessings and joys we have received as members of the ADFD DT. Our theme is “A Collection of ADFD Favorites” - so each DT member’s blog you visit will share something she has created with one of her favorite ADFD images.  The hop has   hidden prizes  - a commenter from each hidden prize stop will win a choice of one image from the ADFD Shop ! You won’t know where the prizes are hidden, so be sure to leave a comment at each stop of the Hop!  Our Blog Hop will run from 7:00 a.m. eastern standard time on Saturday, February 25, 2017 until 9:00 p.m. eas

Remembering Aletha

Greetings, Friends. This post today is part of a very special blog hop. We are celebrating the life of an amazingly talented artist and friend. The crafting community lost Aletha Jane Williams on May 5, 2019. Those of us that worked with her on Design Teams or on Challenge Blogs all agree that she was one of the sweetest and most talented women we knew. We are not here to mourn her loss though. This hop is happening in conjunction with a very special celebration of her life and her art that her husband Bob is holding in her home city of Tulsa, Oklahoma. Please join us in honoring our incredibly creative friend Aletha . My card features the "Remembering Aletha" Sprite, which Mitzi (owner and artist of Aurora Wings ) created specifically for this hop. She is generously giving the digi away to all, over on her blog. This sweet Sprite looks so much like Aletha, and I know she would have been honored. If you download this digi for yourself, please be sure to give a huge "