Skip to main content

December Sparkle Blend Release Hop!

Hello! It's time for another new release hop with Doodles Paper Playground! We've got 6 new blends to share with you, and I, together with the rest of the Doodles Paper Playground Design Team, have joined forces with Gail Tasker--you may know her as Ionabunny--our guest designer for the months of December and January! We can't wait to see more of what she has to share with us all! To see detailed descriptions of each of the December Sparkle Blends release, check out our release blog post! And yes, there are prizes to be won! Be sure to go to the bottom of this post to find out how you can win! Here's my card.

Today is my daughter's 10th birthday. Double digits!!! I had to user some Sparkle Blends for her birthday card, of course. This lovely Blend is called Icicle. It's frosty and sweet and she loves it. Although truthfully, she loves ALL of the Sparkle Blends!

I just bought a die set from Avery Elle which apparently is old, because I can't seem to find it online. But, banner dies are readily available from many companies, if you're looking to recreate this card, you should be able to with little trouble. To cut out the banners, I first cut the one in the center, then the sides. I used a Diagonal Stripe Stencil from Simon Says Stamp with Tumbled Glass and Chipped Sapphire Distress Inks. My sentiment is from Gina K Designs.

Behind my shaker windows, I used Lawn Fawn's Pixie Dust Sparkle Cardstock. I LOVE that cardstock! I also used Blue Shimmer Paper from Craft Creations. These papers really add a ton of shine in the shaker windows. They also make the Sparkle Blends really stand out! I made my card base out of gray cardstock.

If you're ready to start shopping, please head on over to White Rose Crafts LLC, the exclusive merchant for Sparkle Blends--and remember, as always, each of the new release blends are limited edition--so if you love one, get it now, before they're gone! Now, on to the prizes!
Grand Prize: One person who comments on all posts will win full size packages of all 6 of our December Release Sparkle Blends!
3 Door Prizes: 3 randomly selected commenters will receive one full size package of Sparkle Blends from the December Release!
Thanks so much for stopping by. Have an inspiring day!

Comments

MadeByMeghanK said…
This is SOOOO COOL! I love the different shades of blue!
Wendy said…
love the shades of blue
cghundley said…
Beautiful card! Love
The paper colored
and I love the Icices
mix.
Carla from Utah
Denise Bryant said…
Beautiful shaker card! I love the Icicle Sparkle Blend you used! Pretty color combo for your card!
WOW! What a beautiful shaker card. It's amazing how the background colors change the look of the sparkles! I never would have thought it made that much difference but this shows the dramatic difference! Very cool.

Popular posts from this blog

Holiday Hop and Collaboration: Day 5

Hello!  All of this week, the  Stampendous  and  Dreamweaver  teams have been playing with a mix of their products, along with some wonderful, SAND-ABLE papers from  Core'dinations . We've sanded our way to the "core" of all things Christmas and the Holiday season. ***If you are looking for my Day 17 post for the 31 Days of Halloween, please scroll down to my next post.*** Of course, there are prizes, and we are giving away the best...this time with a mix of fun  Core'dinations products as well. To be one of three prize package winners, follow the posted link lists from each day, leave comments, and winners will be selected from these comments at the beginning of next week.  I've been sharing a few car featuring the Stampendous set, Forest Friends . It's such a sweet set. I was going through my Dreamweaver Stencils, and I came across the Open X-Mas Tree . Then it came to me. Remember the part in Rudolph the Red-Nosed Reindeer, when the song Silv...

Echo Park Blog Hop with Imagine

Greetings! This is my second post for the day. This one is not part of the 31 Days of Halloween, but rather a super-duper blog hop that the Artists in Residence for Imagine are doing with Echo Park . So if you're here for my Day 7 project, please check out the post HERE . But before you do that, scroll on to check out this one. There are prizes up for grabs, so be sure to check out the Imagine Blog as well as the Echo Park Blogs for details. I created my background by applying Dandelion and Tangelo Memento Ink to my brayer. Then I sprayed it with Ink Potion No. 9 to help the colors blend and to act as an extender to keep the inks wet longer. After I rolled the colors out on to watercolor paper and let it dry, I stamped the lovely doily-like image from Echo Park's Simply Sweet Stamp Set with Grape Jelly Memento. I also received the super pretty Heart Doily Designer Die  which I used with a true purple cardstock. But it needed something....and in rolls the super fabul...

Deco Art and Andy Skinner Blog Hop Finale

Hello! It's time for the finale of the DecoArt and Stampendous blog hop. Have you enjoyed yourself this week? I bet you've got some new techniques that you want to try. I know I do! I am super stoked about my project for today. And it solves a dilemma that we've had in my kids' room for a while. What you see above is 2 pieces of PVC. And some fab DecoArt Media Fluid Acrylics ! So, what am I doing with PVC, you ask? Well, my mom bought my son a light saber(Darth Vader's) for Christmas, and he wanted to display it, but we weren't really sure where in his room, and how. I wanted something cooler than hooks, and we thought it would be neat to have the light saber vertical, instead of horizontal. Plus, there was a fab spot for it if it hung in that direction. So, my husband came up with the PVC pip idea, and I altered the pieces. The end cap holds the base, and the small piece of pipe holds up near the end. And the 2 pieces are spaced out enough so that...