Skip to main content

Festive Elegance Blog Hop

Welcome Rosies to the December Festive Elegance Blog Hop. This month's hop will Run from today, December 15th- Friday, December 21st at 12pm. There is a chance for you to win a $15 WRC Gift Card just for hoping along with us and leaving a comment at each stop along the way!
Have you seen our December Festive Elegance Subscription Kit? There are only a few left in stock, so don't miss out on a chance to own your own bit of Festive Winter Elegance. But did you know that with each of our kits, there is always an Kit Add-On section of the Store that compliments your Monthly Subscription Kit? And did you know you can get anything in that Kit Add-On section for 10% off!!!
The design team is playing around with the vast array of crafting supplies you can find in the December Kit Add-Ons for this hop. So prepare yourself for all the fun and the very cool line up of projects we've created.
The Heffy Doodle stamp set called "Warm Hugs" was my starting point for this card. I thought the characters and all of their accessories were very cute, and I love that they have an igloo. I colored all of the images with Zig Clean Color Markers, and then I fussy cut them out. There are a lot more images than what I have used here, but I didn't think that this particular card needed more.

I wanted to have the characters standing on snow. But not just flat white snow. Beautiful, glittery mounds of snow. So I used Lawn Fawn's Sparkle Cardstock in Pixie Dust. I love the texture of not only the front of this cardstock, but the back as well. And it cuts like butter. For my sky, I applied Tumbled Glass and Chipped Sapphire Distress Inks with a cosmetic sponge. My sentiment is from the Warm Hugs stamp set, and I inked that Tumbled Glass Distress Ink as well. I added a few stars from the Bubblegum Ice Sparkle Blend. Everything was glued down with Glossy Accents, as it's tough to use regular dry adhesive on glitter paper. My card base is made out of gray 110 lb. cardstock.

Almost all of the products that I used on my card today are on sale in the December Kit Add-Ons section. You can get 10% off anything in that category, and there are over 25 pages of products! Please be sure to visit the rest of the team; their blogs are all listed below. Thanks so much for stopping by. Have an inspiring day!

Alison (that's me!)

Comments

MadeByMeghanK said…
What a DARLING little scene! I love the eskimos!
LeeAnn McKinney said…
This is so cute, I probably should add this stamp set to my arsenal.
cghundley said…
Fun card and the
shinny snow looks
lovely.
Carla from Utah
Jean said…
What a great scene!!
What a fun card! I love that igloo too - it looks so cold. Those little folk are darling as well. I love the addition of the shiny stars!
Salnclts said…
I love your eskimo scene!
Sue D said…
Cute eskimo scene. Love the sparkle.
Denise Bryant said…
Adorable winter scene! Love your coloring!

Popular posts from this blog

Holiday Hop and Collaboration: Day 5

Hello!  All of this week, the  Stampendous  and  Dreamweaver  teams have been playing with a mix of their products, along with some wonderful, SAND-ABLE papers from  Core'dinations . We've sanded our way to the "core" of all things Christmas and the Holiday season. ***If you are looking for my Day 17 post for the 31 Days of Halloween, please scroll down to my next post.*** Of course, there are prizes, and we are giving away the best...this time with a mix of fun  Core'dinations products as well. To be one of three prize package winners, follow the posted link lists from each day, leave comments, and winners will be selected from these comments at the beginning of next week.  I've been sharing a few car featuring the Stampendous set, Forest Friends . It's such a sweet set. I was going through my Dreamweaver Stencils, and I came across the Open X-Mas Tree . Then it came to me. Remember the part in Rudolph the Red-Nosed Reindeer, when the song Silv...

Echo Park Blog Hop with Imagine

Greetings! This is my second post for the day. This one is not part of the 31 Days of Halloween, but rather a super-duper blog hop that the Artists in Residence for Imagine are doing with Echo Park . So if you're here for my Day 7 project, please check out the post HERE . But before you do that, scroll on to check out this one. There are prizes up for grabs, so be sure to check out the Imagine Blog as well as the Echo Park Blogs for details. I created my background by applying Dandelion and Tangelo Memento Ink to my brayer. Then I sprayed it with Ink Potion No. 9 to help the colors blend and to act as an extender to keep the inks wet longer. After I rolled the colors out on to watercolor paper and let it dry, I stamped the lovely doily-like image from Echo Park's Simply Sweet Stamp Set with Grape Jelly Memento. I also received the super pretty Heart Doily Designer Die  which I used with a true purple cardstock. But it needed something....and in rolls the super fabul...

Deco Art and Andy Skinner Blog Hop Finale

Hello! It's time for the finale of the DecoArt and Stampendous blog hop. Have you enjoyed yourself this week? I bet you've got some new techniques that you want to try. I know I do! I am super stoked about my project for today. And it solves a dilemma that we've had in my kids' room for a while. What you see above is 2 pieces of PVC. And some fab DecoArt Media Fluid Acrylics ! So, what am I doing with PVC, you ask? Well, my mom bought my son a light saber(Darth Vader's) for Christmas, and he wanted to display it, but we weren't really sure where in his room, and how. I wanted something cooler than hooks, and we thought it would be neat to have the light saber vertical, instead of horizontal. Plus, there was a fab spot for it if it hung in that direction. So, my husband came up with the PVC pip idea, and I altered the pieces. The end cap holds the base, and the small piece of pipe holds up near the end. And the 2 pieces are spaced out enough so that...