Skip to main content

Celebrate with Mandalas

Hello! I am so excited about the latest Sparkle Blend release from Doodles Paper Playground. I know, I know....I say that every time there's a release. But they are always so beautiful that it's easy to get excited about them. Today, I have 2 cards that are almost the same. They both use the brand new "Celebrate" Sparkle Blend, and they both use the Mandala Maker and  Large Wreath Builder Template from Gina K Designs and several embossing powders from Stampendous. But, the treatment of the card base is different.

You can see the shine from the different embossing powders on the card on the right, as well as the sparkle from the glitter sequins I used.

The photo above shows how beautiful and festive this Sparkle Blend is. It would be great for New Year's cards, graduations, or really any type of special celebration. I love the different sizes of stars!

I wanted to keep the mandala pretty simple and spaced out. This was more about adding the sequins to it, than having a very full mandala. I used my Tim Holtz Stamp Platform to apply the images to my cream colored cardstock, and I did each stamp on both squares at once, so that I didn't have to reposition the stamp twice. I find that making at least 2 mandalas (or wreaths) at once is a big time saver.

I stamped each image with VersaMark Ink. I did a full rotation of each stamp image before applying the embossing powder. It's not easy to see the VersaMark Ink, but if you count each time you stamp the image, you'll know that when you get to 8 (or 4, depending on your design), you'll have a completed ring. The innermost image was embossed with Champagne PearLustre Powder, the next is Detail Silver, then Hematite PearLustre, and the last is Golden Sand, which is a favorite of mine. I attached all of the sequins with On Point Glue from Imagine. It is clear, dries quickly, and is very strong. Then, for my card base on this version, I inked the edges with VersaMark Ink, and used more Champagne PearLustre embossing powder. My sentiment is from Stampendous and is embossed in Detail Silver.

I should mention that the large silver glitter sequins in the center of both mandalas are from the Bells are Ringing Sparkle Blend. For this card base, I applied VersaMark Ink in more of a messy, streaky fashion, but only to the bottom of the card. Then I heat embossed it with Detail Silver. I can always add a sentiment inside later when I decide who I am sending this card to.

I love the shine and sparkle on these cards. I can imagine making them in various colors to go with other Sparkle Blends. You can even create more intricate mandalas and use even more sequins on them. But this was my first attempt with the Mandala Maker, so I wanted to go easy on myself.

I hope that you will head over to White Rose Crafts LLC to see all of the new Sparkle Blends from Doodles Paper Playground. I'll be doing a live video soon to give you an up close look at each of them. Thanks for stopping by. Have an inspiring day!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Holiday Hop and Collaboration: Day 5

Hello!  All of this week, the  Stampendous  and  Dreamweaver  teams have been playing with a mix of their products, along with some wonderful, SAND-ABLE papers from  Core'dinations . We've sanded our way to the "core" of all things Christmas and the Holiday season. ***If you are looking for my Day 17 post for the 31 Days of Halloween, please scroll down to my next post.*** Of course, there are prizes, and we are giving away the best...this time with a mix of fun  Core'dinations products as well. To be one of three prize package winners, follow the posted link lists from each day, leave comments, and winners will be selected from these comments at the beginning of next week.  I've been sharing a few car featuring the Stampendous set, Forest Friends . It's such a sweet set. I was going through my Dreamweaver Stencils, and I came across the Open X-Mas Tree . Then it came to me. Remember the part in Rudolph the Red-Nosed Reindeer, when the song Silv...

Echo Park Blog Hop with Imagine

Greetings! This is my second post for the day. This one is not part of the 31 Days of Halloween, but rather a super-duper blog hop that the Artists in Residence for Imagine are doing with Echo Park . So if you're here for my Day 7 project, please check out the post HERE . But before you do that, scroll on to check out this one. There are prizes up for grabs, so be sure to check out the Imagine Blog as well as the Echo Park Blogs for details. I created my background by applying Dandelion and Tangelo Memento Ink to my brayer. Then I sprayed it with Ink Potion No. 9 to help the colors blend and to act as an extender to keep the inks wet longer. After I rolled the colors out on to watercolor paper and let it dry, I stamped the lovely doily-like image from Echo Park's Simply Sweet Stamp Set with Grape Jelly Memento. I also received the super pretty Heart Doily Designer Die  which I used with a true purple cardstock. But it needed something....and in rolls the super fabul...

Deco Art and Andy Skinner Blog Hop Finale

Hello! It's time for the finale of the DecoArt and Stampendous blog hop. Have you enjoyed yourself this week? I bet you've got some new techniques that you want to try. I know I do! I am super stoked about my project for today. And it solves a dilemma that we've had in my kids' room for a while. What you see above is 2 pieces of PVC. And some fab DecoArt Media Fluid Acrylics ! So, what am I doing with PVC, you ask? Well, my mom bought my son a light saber(Darth Vader's) for Christmas, and he wanted to display it, but we weren't really sure where in his room, and how. I wanted something cooler than hooks, and we thought it would be neat to have the light saber vertical, instead of horizontal. Plus, there was a fab spot for it if it hung in that direction. So, my husband came up with the PVC pip idea, and I altered the pieces. The end cap holds the base, and the small piece of pipe holds up near the end. And the 2 pieces are spaced out enough so that...