Skip to main content

Christmas Bunny Shaker

Greetings! Today I have a new shaker card to share that uses several of the Add-On products for the White Rose Crafts December Subscription Kit.

I started out with the sweet Christmas Bunny stamp from Wild Rose Studio. I colored her in Wintry colors with my Zig Clean Color markers. Then I had to figure out a way to make a shaker window, without cutting off her ear. I used a heart die from Lawn Fawn's Magic Slider Die set and taped it into place. Then, I put my top plate on top (I use a Sizzix Big Shot machine), but only to the top of her ear. This way, the die wouldn't cut beyond the plate. Then, I turned the paper and die sideways, and repeated the process to cut to the side of her ear. I wound up with what's shown in the photo below.

You can see that her ear hasn't been cut because of how I placed the top plate. Then, I just used an X-Acto Knife to cut around the ear and remove the inner portion of the heart.

For my background, I applied some Tumbled Glass Distress Ink with a cosmetic sponge to the outer portion of the piece. I made sure the ink was dry, then I used VersaMark Ink to apply snowflakes from the Dovecraft "Magic and Sparkle Snowflakes" stamp set. Then I heat embossed Ranger's Holographic powder. It's hard to photograph them, but they are really lovely in person.

Inside my shaker window I used the "Frozen" Sparkle Blend from Doodles Paper Playground and I backed the area with Blue Shimmer Paper from Craft Creations, which is actually in the December Kit.

I love the overall soft look of this card. And I think it is very sweet. It was fun to experiment with how to get the die to work around the bunny too! Please be sure to visit White Rose Crafts to see not only the December Kit, but the Add-Ons as well. Thanks so much for stopping by. Have an inspiring day!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Holiday Hop and Collaboration: Day 5

Hello!  All of this week, the  Stampendous  and  Dreamweaver  teams have been playing with a mix of their products, along with some wonderful, SAND-ABLE papers from  Core'dinations . We've sanded our way to the "core" of all things Christmas and the Holiday season. ***If you are looking for my Day 17 post for the 31 Days of Halloween, please scroll down to my next post.*** Of course, there are prizes, and we are giving away the best...this time with a mix of fun  Core'dinations products as well. To be one of three prize package winners, follow the posted link lists from each day, leave comments, and winners will be selected from these comments at the beginning of next week.  I've been sharing a few car featuring the Stampendous set, Forest Friends . It's such a sweet set. I was going through my Dreamweaver Stencils, and I came across the Open X-Mas Tree . Then it came to me. Remember the part in Rudolph the Red-Nosed Reindeer, when the song Silv...

Echo Park Blog Hop with Imagine

Greetings! This is my second post for the day. This one is not part of the 31 Days of Halloween, but rather a super-duper blog hop that the Artists in Residence for Imagine are doing with Echo Park . So if you're here for my Day 7 project, please check out the post HERE . But before you do that, scroll on to check out this one. There are prizes up for grabs, so be sure to check out the Imagine Blog as well as the Echo Park Blogs for details. I created my background by applying Dandelion and Tangelo Memento Ink to my brayer. Then I sprayed it with Ink Potion No. 9 to help the colors blend and to act as an extender to keep the inks wet longer. After I rolled the colors out on to watercolor paper and let it dry, I stamped the lovely doily-like image from Echo Park's Simply Sweet Stamp Set with Grape Jelly Memento. I also received the super pretty Heart Doily Designer Die  which I used with a true purple cardstock. But it needed something....and in rolls the super fabul...

Deco Art and Andy Skinner Blog Hop Finale

Hello! It's time for the finale of the DecoArt and Stampendous blog hop. Have you enjoyed yourself this week? I bet you've got some new techniques that you want to try. I know I do! I am super stoked about my project for today. And it solves a dilemma that we've had in my kids' room for a while. What you see above is 2 pieces of PVC. And some fab DecoArt Media Fluid Acrylics ! So, what am I doing with PVC, you ask? Well, my mom bought my son a light saber(Darth Vader's) for Christmas, and he wanted to display it, but we weren't really sure where in his room, and how. I wanted something cooler than hooks, and we thought it would be neat to have the light saber vertical, instead of horizontal. Plus, there was a fab spot for it if it hung in that direction. So, my husband came up with the PVC pip idea, and I altered the pieces. The end cap holds the base, and the small piece of pipe holds up near the end. And the 2 pieces are spaced out enough so that...