Skip to main content

Buck Scene

Hello! This week, the Stampendous Design Team is sharing "Holiday Leftovers." Projects that we made for the holidays that we haven't had an opportunity to share yet. My card for today features the stamp called "Buck Scene." I am entering this card into the Simon Says Stamp Monday challenge. The theme is "Warm Winter Wishes." My complete instructions are below.

Supplies:
Stampendous:
P323: Buck Scene
EP231: Lapis Pearlustre Embossing Powder
Acrylic Handle

Other:
My Colors Cardstock: Ocean Side
Artist's Loft: Watercolor Paper
Imagine: VersaMark Ink
Ranger: Distress Oxide Inks in Wilted Violet, Salty Ocean, Black Soot, Seedless Preserves, and Faded Jeans
Scrapbook Adhesives: EZ Runner
Round Brush
Anti-Static Powder Tool
Water Spritzer Bottle

Directions: 
1. Cut a piece of watercolor paper down to 4" x 5 1/4."

2. Apply all of the Distress Oxide Inks (except Black Soot) to an Acrylic Handle and spritz with water.

3. Using a round brush, apply some water to the watercolor paper, and then begin to apply the wet inks to the paper randomly, concentrating color in the center.

4. Use a heat tool to speed up the drying process.

5. Repeat steps 3 & 4 until the desired look is achieved.

6. Apply Black Soot Oxide Ink to the background using your preferred technique.

7. Apply more of the original colors on top, if desired.


8. Once the background is dry, use and anti-static powder tool all over the background to prevent the embossing powder from sticking where it shouldn't.

9. Stamp the Buck Scene in the center of the background with VersaMark Ink.

10. Sprinkle Lapis Pearlustre embossing powder on top of the stamped image, shake off excess, and heat set.

11. Create the card base out of Ocean Side cardstock, cut to 4 1/4" x 11."

12. Adhere the watercolored and stamped layer to the card base.

This is a very quick card to make, as you don't need to spend time coloring anything in. If you are someone that always has some pre-made backgrounds on hand, the Buck Scene stamp may be perfect for easy holiday cards for you. I'll have some more "Holiday Leftovers" throughout the week, so I hope you will visit again. Thanks for stopping by. Have an inspiring day!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Holiday Hop and Collaboration: Day 5

Hello!  All of this week, the  Stampendous  and  Dreamweaver  teams have been playing with a mix of their products, along with some wonderful, SAND-ABLE papers from  Core'dinations . We've sanded our way to the "core" of all things Christmas and the Holiday season. ***If you are looking for my Day 17 post for the 31 Days of Halloween, please scroll down to my next post.*** Of course, there are prizes, and we are giving away the best...this time with a mix of fun  Core'dinations products as well. To be one of three prize package winners, follow the posted link lists from each day, leave comments, and winners will be selected from these comments at the beginning of next week.  I've been sharing a few car featuring the Stampendous set, Forest Friends . It's such a sweet set. I was going through my Dreamweaver Stencils, and I came across the Open X-Mas Tree . Then it came to me. Remember the part in Rudolph the Red-Nosed Reindeer, when the song Silv...

Echo Park Blog Hop with Imagine

Greetings! This is my second post for the day. This one is not part of the 31 Days of Halloween, but rather a super-duper blog hop that the Artists in Residence for Imagine are doing with Echo Park . So if you're here for my Day 7 project, please check out the post HERE . But before you do that, scroll on to check out this one. There are prizes up for grabs, so be sure to check out the Imagine Blog as well as the Echo Park Blogs for details. I created my background by applying Dandelion and Tangelo Memento Ink to my brayer. Then I sprayed it with Ink Potion No. 9 to help the colors blend and to act as an extender to keep the inks wet longer. After I rolled the colors out on to watercolor paper and let it dry, I stamped the lovely doily-like image from Echo Park's Simply Sweet Stamp Set with Grape Jelly Memento. I also received the super pretty Heart Doily Designer Die  which I used with a true purple cardstock. But it needed something....and in rolls the super fabul...

Deco Art and Andy Skinner Blog Hop Finale

Hello! It's time for the finale of the DecoArt and Stampendous blog hop. Have you enjoyed yourself this week? I bet you've got some new techniques that you want to try. I know I do! I am super stoked about my project for today. And it solves a dilemma that we've had in my kids' room for a while. What you see above is 2 pieces of PVC. And some fab DecoArt Media Fluid Acrylics ! So, what am I doing with PVC, you ask? Well, my mom bought my son a light saber(Darth Vader's) for Christmas, and he wanted to display it, but we weren't really sure where in his room, and how. I wanted something cooler than hooks, and we thought it would be neat to have the light saber vertical, instead of horizontal. Plus, there was a fab spot for it if it hung in that direction. So, my husband came up with the PVC pip idea, and I altered the pieces. The end cap holds the base, and the small piece of pipe holds up near the end. And the 2 pieces are spaced out enough so that...