Skip to main content

Get Kids Crafty December Hop

Hello! This is my second post for today. I am in two blog hops! I would love for you to check out my other post after you get finished with this one. If you'd like to see it, please click HERE. But first, check out what my kids made for the December Get Kids Crafty Hop. This month's theme is "Winter."
My mom brought home a few skeins of the new "loopy" yarn that I have been seeing all over the place. It comes in a bunch of colors, and is crazy soft. Basically, because of the way it is looped on itself, you can knit with your hands! Now, I have NO idea how to do this, but thankfully my mom does, so she quickly taught them what to do and they were on their way.




Rhiannon got done with her's pretty quickly, and she enjoyed making a scarf so much that she decided to make one for her best friend. That one isn't quite finished yet though.                                 
                   
Phoenix opted to use an ombre blue yarn, and I think it's fabulous. These scarves were both made from only one skein of yarn. So this makes it a wonderful and inexpensive project. I cannot believe how soft they are! These are really the perfect craft for Winter. They can keep you warm as you make them! I'm really happy that both of my kids tried out a new craft, and enjoyed doing it. I think that they will be making more of these soon. Maybe I'll even get one as a gift! ;) Please be sure to visit the Get Kids Crafty Blog to see what the rest of the team has created with their children. The full hop lost is below. Thanks for stopping by. Have an inspiring day!





Comments

Niccole said…
Love these! They look so cozy. Great job kids!!
Amanda Stevens said…
These are great! They look nice and warm too! <3 <3 <3
These look so soft and warm!!

Popular posts from this blog

Holiday Hop and Collaboration: Day 5

Hello!  All of this week, the  Stampendous  and  Dreamweaver  teams have been playing with a mix of their products, along with some wonderful, SAND-ABLE papers from  Core'dinations . We've sanded our way to the "core" of all things Christmas and the Holiday season. ***If you are looking for my Day 17 post for the 31 Days of Halloween, please scroll down to my next post.*** Of course, there are prizes, and we are giving away the best...this time with a mix of fun  Core'dinations products as well. To be one of three prize package winners, follow the posted link lists from each day, leave comments, and winners will be selected from these comments at the beginning of next week.  I've been sharing a few car featuring the Stampendous set, Forest Friends . It's such a sweet set. I was going through my Dreamweaver Stencils, and I came across the Open X-Mas Tree . Then it came to me. Remember the part in Rudolph the Red-Nosed Reindeer, when the song Silv...

Echo Park Blog Hop with Imagine

Greetings! This is my second post for the day. This one is not part of the 31 Days of Halloween, but rather a super-duper blog hop that the Artists in Residence for Imagine are doing with Echo Park . So if you're here for my Day 7 project, please check out the post HERE . But before you do that, scroll on to check out this one. There are prizes up for grabs, so be sure to check out the Imagine Blog as well as the Echo Park Blogs for details. I created my background by applying Dandelion and Tangelo Memento Ink to my brayer. Then I sprayed it with Ink Potion No. 9 to help the colors blend and to act as an extender to keep the inks wet longer. After I rolled the colors out on to watercolor paper and let it dry, I stamped the lovely doily-like image from Echo Park's Simply Sweet Stamp Set with Grape Jelly Memento. I also received the super pretty Heart Doily Designer Die  which I used with a true purple cardstock. But it needed something....and in rolls the super fabul...

Deco Art and Andy Skinner Blog Hop Finale

Hello! It's time for the finale of the DecoArt and Stampendous blog hop. Have you enjoyed yourself this week? I bet you've got some new techniques that you want to try. I know I do! I am super stoked about my project for today. And it solves a dilemma that we've had in my kids' room for a while. What you see above is 2 pieces of PVC. And some fab DecoArt Media Fluid Acrylics ! So, what am I doing with PVC, you ask? Well, my mom bought my son a light saber(Darth Vader's) for Christmas, and he wanted to display it, but we weren't really sure where in his room, and how. I wanted something cooler than hooks, and we thought it would be neat to have the light saber vertical, instead of horizontal. Plus, there was a fab spot for it if it hung in that direction. So, my husband came up with the PVC pip idea, and I altered the pieces. The end cap holds the base, and the small piece of pipe holds up near the end. And the 2 pieces are spaced out enough so that...