Skip to main content

Pink Poinsettia

  Hello! This week, the Stampendous team has been having a Poinsettia Party! I decided to work with the new Poinsettia Parts Perfectly Clear stamp set.

I stamped the poinsettia outline with VersaFine ink on to Smooth Bristol Paper and I colored it with Zig Clean Color Markers. I fussy cut it out and then decided to stamp the flower again to use some of the petals as leaves.

Then I decided to break out one of my all-time favorite stencils, the Houndstooth. I applied VersaMark ink with a sponge dauber, making sure to not apply it perfectly even, and then I applied Vintage Plum Sparkly Embossing Powder and heat set it. I like that's it is just a little messy and worn looking against the super clean and graphic poinsettia. I added a few clear sequins and a simple sentiment from the Deck Your Home Perfectly Clear Stamp Set. I also inked the edges of my card base to add just a bit more pink.

That's it for me today. Tomorrow, I'll be at a Scrapbook Expo in NJ and I cannot wait! Hopefully I'll come home with some fabulous new goodies. Plus, I'll get to meet up with my teamie Kathi! Please be sure to visit the Stampendous Blog to see more great poinsettia projects. Hopefully I'll get to share some pics from the Expo soon. Thanks for stopping by. Have an inspiring day!

Comments

Linda BL said…
Love the houndstooth and the poinsettia! Your great coloring adds a modern twist to the poinsettia.
BethW said…
Wow-I really really like this card. Love the coloring and embossed background.
Great job and thank you for the tutorial.
Becca Yahrling said…
This is sooo pretty!! I love the fun details in the leaves; this is a great stamp! I always try to buy a red, pink & white Poinsettia at Christmas. The pink is always my favorite (if I can find one!).
sharon g said…
What a cool look. I have enjoyed the pink and aqua 50s look that has come out for Christmas lately---yours is similar. I LOVE it
cghundley said…
Love the stamping
inside the petals
and the background
stenciling. Lovely
card.
Carla from Utah
FeM said…
Wow your coloring is amazing.
FeM said…
Wow amazing creation with this awesome set.
Denise Bryant said…
Awesome design and colors on your pretty card!
Tracey Magner said…
LOVE LOVE LOVE This is one of my favorite cards, I love the pink colors, gorgeous!! love how you used the petals to make leaves and the stenciling is so cool that is also one of my favorite patterns. AWESOME card!!
Anne Temple said…
This is such a fun card and a great take on the traditional poinsettia. Love it.
Tee said…
Love the design and detail of the pretty poinsettia, and the cool stencil you used- lovely card!
Sue D said…
How fun--I like the colors and patterns.
McStamper said…
Love your ideas. Beautiful pink poinsettia.
Mary Holshouser said…
Love the different designs on the leaves.
Great card.
thanks for sharing
txmlhl(at)yahoo(dot)com
Illoinois
This is so fun to color and how fun in PINK!!!! LOVE it!
FD91354 said…
Beautiful card. I love this 'color it up' poinsettia!

Popular posts from this blog

Holiday Hop and Collaboration: Day 5

Hello!  All of this week, the  Stampendous  and  Dreamweaver  teams have been playing with a mix of their products, along with some wonderful, SAND-ABLE papers from  Core'dinations . We've sanded our way to the "core" of all things Christmas and the Holiday season. ***If you are looking for my Day 17 post for the 31 Days of Halloween, please scroll down to my next post.*** Of course, there are prizes, and we are giving away the best...this time with a mix of fun  Core'dinations products as well. To be one of three prize package winners, follow the posted link lists from each day, leave comments, and winners will be selected from these comments at the beginning of next week.  I've been sharing a few car featuring the Stampendous set, Forest Friends . It's such a sweet set. I was going through my Dreamweaver Stencils, and I came across the Open X-Mas Tree . Then it came to me. Remember the part in Rudolph the Red-Nosed Reindeer, when the song Silv...

Echo Park Blog Hop with Imagine

Greetings! This is my second post for the day. This one is not part of the 31 Days of Halloween, but rather a super-duper blog hop that the Artists in Residence for Imagine are doing with Echo Park . So if you're here for my Day 7 project, please check out the post HERE . But before you do that, scroll on to check out this one. There are prizes up for grabs, so be sure to check out the Imagine Blog as well as the Echo Park Blogs for details. I created my background by applying Dandelion and Tangelo Memento Ink to my brayer. Then I sprayed it with Ink Potion No. 9 to help the colors blend and to act as an extender to keep the inks wet longer. After I rolled the colors out on to watercolor paper and let it dry, I stamped the lovely doily-like image from Echo Park's Simply Sweet Stamp Set with Grape Jelly Memento. I also received the super pretty Heart Doily Designer Die  which I used with a true purple cardstock. But it needed something....and in rolls the super fabul...

Deco Art and Andy Skinner Blog Hop Finale

Hello! It's time for the finale of the DecoArt and Stampendous blog hop. Have you enjoyed yourself this week? I bet you've got some new techniques that you want to try. I know I do! I am super stoked about my project for today. And it solves a dilemma that we've had in my kids' room for a while. What you see above is 2 pieces of PVC. And some fab DecoArt Media Fluid Acrylics ! So, what am I doing with PVC, you ask? Well, my mom bought my son a light saber(Darth Vader's) for Christmas, and he wanted to display it, but we weren't really sure where in his room, and how. I wanted something cooler than hooks, and we thought it would be neat to have the light saber vertical, instead of horizontal. Plus, there was a fab spot for it if it hung in that direction. So, my husband came up with the PVC pip idea, and I altered the pieces. The end cap holds the base, and the small piece of pipe holds up near the end. And the 2 pieces are spaced out enough so that...