Skip to main content

Treat Yo'Self: Lavender Love

Hiya! My latest card features stamps from The Ink Road. I really love this company. I love the snarky sentiments, the encouraging words, the fun designs, the unique sets, and the owner Lara is pretty incredible. I was inspired not only by the Mug Life and Snarks and Recreation stamp sets that I used, but also by Imagine's August Color of the Month, which is Lavender.
*At the time that I wrote this post, The Ink Road's website was down for inventory, which is why I didn't give specific links to the stamp sets. I will add them when the site is back to normal.

I started off by stamping the sentiment (from the Snarks and Recreation stamp set) on to white cardstock with VersaMark ink, and then I heat embossed it with Amethyst Embossing Powder from Stampendous. Then I die cut it with a Fitted Frame from Set B. Next, I inked the edges with Pretty Petunia VersaMagic ink. I love the soft, chalky finish this ink gives. It's always been one of my favorite ink lines.

Next, I stamped the frappe stamp and "What a brewtiful day" sentiment all of my white background using VersaFine ink. I colored all of the frappes using my Zig Clean Color Markers and thankfully, they wound up being pretty close in color to the Pretty Petunia ink. I inked my card base with Pretty Petunia, added just a few sequins from assorted Sparkle Blends from Doodles Paper Playground, and popped my sentiment up with craft foam.

I don't usually create monochromatic cards, but it's a nice change from using a ton of colors at once. This would be fun to pair with a gift card to a favorite coffee shop. I am really having so much fun with my new stamps from  The Ink Road. I look forward to showing you what else I am working on. Thanks so much for stopping by. Have an inspiring day!

Comments

Christine Kiehl said…
Fantabulous card! I love to stamp and craft java theme stuff!

Popular posts from this blog

Holiday Hop and Collaboration: Day 5

Hello!  All of this week, the  Stampendous  and  Dreamweaver  teams have been playing with a mix of their products, along with some wonderful, SAND-ABLE papers from  Core'dinations . We've sanded our way to the "core" of all things Christmas and the Holiday season. ***If you are looking for my Day 17 post for the 31 Days of Halloween, please scroll down to my next post.*** Of course, there are prizes, and we are giving away the best...this time with a mix of fun  Core'dinations products as well. To be one of three prize package winners, follow the posted link lists from each day, leave comments, and winners will be selected from these comments at the beginning of next week.  I've been sharing a few car featuring the Stampendous set, Forest Friends . It's such a sweet set. I was going through my Dreamweaver Stencils, and I came across the Open X-Mas Tree . Then it came to me. Remember the part in Rudolph the Red-Nosed Reindeer, when the song Silv...

Echo Park Blog Hop with Imagine

Greetings! This is my second post for the day. This one is not part of the 31 Days of Halloween, but rather a super-duper blog hop that the Artists in Residence for Imagine are doing with Echo Park . So if you're here for my Day 7 project, please check out the post HERE . But before you do that, scroll on to check out this one. There are prizes up for grabs, so be sure to check out the Imagine Blog as well as the Echo Park Blogs for details. I created my background by applying Dandelion and Tangelo Memento Ink to my brayer. Then I sprayed it with Ink Potion No. 9 to help the colors blend and to act as an extender to keep the inks wet longer. After I rolled the colors out on to watercolor paper and let it dry, I stamped the lovely doily-like image from Echo Park's Simply Sweet Stamp Set with Grape Jelly Memento. I also received the super pretty Heart Doily Designer Die  which I used with a true purple cardstock. But it needed something....and in rolls the super fabul...

Deco Art and Andy Skinner Blog Hop Finale

Hello! It's time for the finale of the DecoArt and Stampendous blog hop. Have you enjoyed yourself this week? I bet you've got some new techniques that you want to try. I know I do! I am super stoked about my project for today. And it solves a dilemma that we've had in my kids' room for a while. What you see above is 2 pieces of PVC. And some fab DecoArt Media Fluid Acrylics ! So, what am I doing with PVC, you ask? Well, my mom bought my son a light saber(Darth Vader's) for Christmas, and he wanted to display it, but we weren't really sure where in his room, and how. I wanted something cooler than hooks, and we thought it would be neat to have the light saber vertical, instead of horizontal. Plus, there was a fab spot for it if it hung in that direction. So, my husband came up with the PVC pip idea, and I altered the pieces. The end cap holds the base, and the small piece of pipe holds up near the end. And the 2 pieces are spaced out enough so that...