Skip to main content

Something Wicked...

Hello! I've got a shaker card to share with you today, ad it features the "Something Wicked" Sparkle Blend from Doodles Paper Playground. I LOVE this new Sparkle Blend because it has shades of purples, blue, black and silver. Plus!!! It's got little sequins with black and white stripes, and teeny fimo pieces that have witch hats and ghosts on it! It's almost like Amber made this blend for me! ;)

Of course, I created this card based on the colors and vibe of this particular Sparkle Blend. I went through all of my Halloween stamps (that took a while!) and came across this great witch silhouette from Recollections (it's a Michaels brand). I stamped her directly on to acetate with StazOn Ink. Next I chose a purple cardstock for my top layer and die cut a circle that would accommodate the size of my stamped image, plus extra room to see the Sparkle Blends moving and shaking! I inked the edges of the purple with Shimmer Silver Delicata Ink from Imagine.

I created my card base out of gray cardstock and added my shaker bits to the center of the base. After adding gray craft foam to the purple and acetate layer, I applied it to my base. Next, I stamped the "wicked" which came with the witch with VersaMark Ink and heat embossed it with Detail Silver embossing powder. I then cut it out with a Fitted Frame. That big piece of acetate and the height of the craft foam really allow the Sparkle Blends to have a lot of movement in the card.

I really like using silhouette stamps as a foreground for a shaker. They come together quickly and have a lot of impact. Please check out all of the Sparkle Blends that are currently available from Doodles Paper Playground over at the White Rose Crafts LLC shop. That is the only place that you can buy Sparkle Blends, so be sure to visit! Thanks for stopping by. Have an inspiring day!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Holiday Hop and Collaboration: Day 5

Hello!  All of this week, the  Stampendous  and  Dreamweaver  teams have been playing with a mix of their products, along with some wonderful, SAND-ABLE papers from  Core'dinations . We've sanded our way to the "core" of all things Christmas and the Holiday season. ***If you are looking for my Day 17 post for the 31 Days of Halloween, please scroll down to my next post.*** Of course, there are prizes, and we are giving away the best...this time with a mix of fun  Core'dinations products as well. To be one of three prize package winners, follow the posted link lists from each day, leave comments, and winners will be selected from these comments at the beginning of next week.  I've been sharing a few car featuring the Stampendous set, Forest Friends . It's such a sweet set. I was going through my Dreamweaver Stencils, and I came across the Open X-Mas Tree . Then it came to me. Remember the part in Rudolph the Red-Nosed Reindeer, when the song Silv...

Echo Park Blog Hop with Imagine

Greetings! This is my second post for the day. This one is not part of the 31 Days of Halloween, but rather a super-duper blog hop that the Artists in Residence for Imagine are doing with Echo Park . So if you're here for my Day 7 project, please check out the post HERE . But before you do that, scroll on to check out this one. There are prizes up for grabs, so be sure to check out the Imagine Blog as well as the Echo Park Blogs for details. I created my background by applying Dandelion and Tangelo Memento Ink to my brayer. Then I sprayed it with Ink Potion No. 9 to help the colors blend and to act as an extender to keep the inks wet longer. After I rolled the colors out on to watercolor paper and let it dry, I stamped the lovely doily-like image from Echo Park's Simply Sweet Stamp Set with Grape Jelly Memento. I also received the super pretty Heart Doily Designer Die  which I used with a true purple cardstock. But it needed something....and in rolls the super fabul...

Deco Art and Andy Skinner Blog Hop Finale

Hello! It's time for the finale of the DecoArt and Stampendous blog hop. Have you enjoyed yourself this week? I bet you've got some new techniques that you want to try. I know I do! I am super stoked about my project for today. And it solves a dilemma that we've had in my kids' room for a while. What you see above is 2 pieces of PVC. And some fab DecoArt Media Fluid Acrylics ! So, what am I doing with PVC, you ask? Well, my mom bought my son a light saber(Darth Vader's) for Christmas, and he wanted to display it, but we weren't really sure where in his room, and how. I wanted something cooler than hooks, and we thought it would be neat to have the light saber vertical, instead of horizontal. Plus, there was a fab spot for it if it hung in that direction. So, my husband came up with the PVC pip idea, and I altered the pieces. The end cap holds the base, and the small piece of pipe holds up near the end. And the 2 pieces are spaced out enough so that...