Skip to main content

Day 6 of 31: Wicked Witch with Stampendous

Not all witches are wicked. If anyone knows that, it's you folks that are hopping through the 31 Days of Halloween, but for my Day 6 project, I decided to use the Wicked Witch of the West for my focus.

I used the new stencil called Framed Witch by Stampendous. I stenciled her in 2 steps. First, I did the witch herself. I taped off the frame so that the Matte Black Embossing Paste wouldn't travel where I didn't want it. After I removed the stencil, I sprinkled on some Forestry Metallic F/X Powder on to the areas of her skin. After that dried, I re-taped the stencil, this time, over the cameo and I applied Bronze Creative Medium from Imagine and I let that dry.


Next I used a Fitted Frame to die cut around the stenciled image. I also inked the edges with Black Shimmer Delicata Ink from Imagine. Using the same gray cardstock, I cut a 6x6" piece for my background, and stenciled the Corner Flourish with the Bronze Creative Medium. More black Shimmer on the edges, plus a bit of a green shimmer rub from a company that is no longer in business. Then I tore a fun spiderweb paper from DCWV and added it to the lower half. I had some cool gold "ribbon" that I added for some more texture. 


This is a fun stencil to work with, and I can see using each of the components separately as well as in this fashion. Thanks for visiting me today. Don't forget to check out the rest of the Wicked Bloggers, all listed in my sidebar. Have a creeptastic day! 

Comments

I love the look of this. So deep and dark and gorgeous. Happy Day 6
Mary Holshouser said…
Love the black and gold.
the gold looks like there is
a light behind it.
Fantastic.
thanks for sharing.
WOW WOW WOW WOW WOW WOW WOW! Superbly spectacular! The gold behind the black makes it look illuminated and is quite magical! The stenciled backgrounds are pretty amazing too!!! All together I can honestly say that this has me mesmerized!!! TFS!
BethW said…
Another must have. Gold with the black is perfect-elegant spooky! Would love to try this and mount it in a shadow box.
Susan Renshaw said…
Stunning make - love the black and gold!
Becca Yahrling said…
Love the green face! Awesome!
Jean said…
So very cool! Love the face!
Denise Bryant said…
Awesome details! Love this fabulous new stencil design! Looks great in black and gold... so spooky for Halloween!
Wicked cool page, that stencil frame is to die for!
Viki Banaszak said…
The golden frame is awesome! Love it!
SHartl said…
You are so creative with all these shimmery products and stenciling! This is the perfect classic Halloween witch.
Jade said…
The Bronze Creative Medium is really cool stuff. You made a very cute and clever Halloween card.

Popular posts from this blog

Holiday Hop and Collaboration: Day 5

Hello!  All of this week, the  Stampendous  and  Dreamweaver  teams have been playing with a mix of their products, along with some wonderful, SAND-ABLE papers from  Core'dinations . We've sanded our way to the "core" of all things Christmas and the Holiday season. ***If you are looking for my Day 17 post for the 31 Days of Halloween, please scroll down to my next post.*** Of course, there are prizes, and we are giving away the best...this time with a mix of fun  Core'dinations products as well. To be one of three prize package winners, follow the posted link lists from each day, leave comments, and winners will be selected from these comments at the beginning of next week.  I've been sharing a few car featuring the Stampendous set, Forest Friends . It's such a sweet set. I was going through my Dreamweaver Stencils, and I came across the Open X-Mas Tree . Then it came to me. Remember the part in Rudolph the Red-Nosed Reindeer, when the song Silv...

Echo Park Blog Hop with Imagine

Greetings! This is my second post for the day. This one is not part of the 31 Days of Halloween, but rather a super-duper blog hop that the Artists in Residence for Imagine are doing with Echo Park . So if you're here for my Day 7 project, please check out the post HERE . But before you do that, scroll on to check out this one. There are prizes up for grabs, so be sure to check out the Imagine Blog as well as the Echo Park Blogs for details. I created my background by applying Dandelion and Tangelo Memento Ink to my brayer. Then I sprayed it with Ink Potion No. 9 to help the colors blend and to act as an extender to keep the inks wet longer. After I rolled the colors out on to watercolor paper and let it dry, I stamped the lovely doily-like image from Echo Park's Simply Sweet Stamp Set with Grape Jelly Memento. I also received the super pretty Heart Doily Designer Die  which I used with a true purple cardstock. But it needed something....and in rolls the super fabul...

Deco Art and Andy Skinner Blog Hop Finale

Hello! It's time for the finale of the DecoArt and Stampendous blog hop. Have you enjoyed yourself this week? I bet you've got some new techniques that you want to try. I know I do! I am super stoked about my project for today. And it solves a dilemma that we've had in my kids' room for a while. What you see above is 2 pieces of PVC. And some fab DecoArt Media Fluid Acrylics ! So, what am I doing with PVC, you ask? Well, my mom bought my son a light saber(Darth Vader's) for Christmas, and he wanted to display it, but we weren't really sure where in his room, and how. I wanted something cooler than hooks, and we thought it would be neat to have the light saber vertical, instead of horizontal. Plus, there was a fab spot for it if it hung in that direction. So, my husband came up with the PVC pip idea, and I altered the pieces. The end cap holds the base, and the small piece of pipe holds up near the end. And the 2 pieces are spaced out enough so that...