Skip to main content

Day 2 of 31 with Stampendous & Imagine

Greetings! It's Day 2 of the 31 Days of Halloween, and I have a project that is chock full of Stampendous and Imagine today.


This is a 6x6" Mini Page. I think I'll have a bunch of these this month. I like the size and the fact that I can just pop them into an album once they're done. For this one, I started off with Desert Sand Memento and Wheat Versa Magic from Imagine, and I streaked it across my cream colored cardstock. Then I stamped and embossed the Raven Skull stamp from Stampendous. 


Next, I played with one of my all-time favorite stencils, Houndstooth. I used the stunning Black Shimmer Delicata Ink from Imagine and a stencil brush. I applied it semi-random, with a varying coverage. Then I used an older stamp set from Nat Kalbach (via Stampendous) and Brown Shimmer Delicata to ink the brown splotches. I also used the Brown Shimmer on the die cuts I made using Stampendous' Build a Wreath Die set. This set is fan-freaking-tastic, and is going to be used a whole lot around here. As you can see, I cut the 2 pine boughs, and the scalloped circles. I cute the pieces with black cardstock, flipped them into the ink pad and pressed random areas into the ink with my fingernail. 

Then, there's my absolute favorite new inky-thing that I've gotten this year (and I thought it was going to be the Delicata inks! Those are my second fave). Check out those finger-licking-good drops of blood. Those were created with Imagine's irRESISTable Spray in Love Letter. You guys....you NEED this stuff. In lots of colors, but especially Love Letter. It seriously looks like someone bled all over my project. I may go through a whole bottle of it this month!

That's it for me today. Thanks for hanging through and making it to the end of this post. I hope you go and try some of these products. You won't be disappointed! Thanks for stopping by. Have a creep-tastic day!

Comments

Carolina Kathy said…
I really like your a Halloween card! I have the same stamp but wasn't as creative ......thx for sharing.
Karen McAlpine said…
Love that stamp!! Fabulous project!
Anonymous said…
That's spooky looking I like it happy Halloween
Shari said…
I absolutely love this, and that texture spray is the perfect addition. I was wondering how you did it, as soon as I saw it. ^_^ Thanks so much for sharing. 💗💗💗
Becca Yahrling said…
This is awesome! Love the blood splatter, perfection to a creepy scene.
Michelle said…
Great make !! Not ever made mini pages but now I may give this a goo for a mini art journal. I'm still working on my A4 one. Great being part of the blog hop with you. Michelle (catzncards) xx
Mary Holshouser said…
Love this. the drops of blood are
awesome. that black crow looks
vicious.
thanks for sharing.
This design is AMAZING! It reminds me of a trash polka tattoo! Yes, that is a thing! Love the back raven and the red splashes of color! Spooky and fun!
I love that you bleed all over your projects hahaha they look fabulous. I must try this product. Beautiful art.
Thank you for the inspiration. Happy Day 2
Susan Renshaw said…
Love this design - and all the different elements you have used!
Ohhh...this is so dark and spooky. Great style. :)
Denise Bryant said…
Spooky and creepy... love those drops of blood!
McStamper said…
Great, spooky card.
Tee said…
This is a great mixed media piece for Halloween! I love the stamp and the background textures you created, and of course the blood splatters! Happy Halloween!
Lyneen said…
LOVE YOUR SPOOKY mini page... great textures!!! Happy 31 DOH!
Viki Banaszak said…
I love your blood splatters! You should order extra.
Ooooooooooo! Love the blood and gore look of this rocking card! It makes my ghoulish heart smile! TFS!
BethW said…
Fangtastic! You obviously share my passion for the macabre-going to do my best to follow you on bloglovin'
Diane said…
WOW...love, love your fabulous creation and the spooky and somewhat 'creepy' stamp, isn't creepy what Halloween is all about..lol..love it!
Jackie PN said…
Alison! This is soooo creepy cool!! I love how you get into Halloween! What a great blog background!
Jackie")
Cynthia said…
Great Halloween card,very creepy
Anonymous said…
Absolutely love this card!
Absolutely spooktacular page, love the image!
SHartl said…
Wow! What a cool stamp and really wonderful techniques and textures. The combination of inks, sprays, stencils and stamps makes for an eerie project that is sure to cause shivers.

Popular posts from this blog

Holiday Hop and Collaboration: Day 5

Hello!  All of this week, the  Stampendous  and  Dreamweaver  teams have been playing with a mix of their products, along with some wonderful, SAND-ABLE papers from  Core'dinations . We've sanded our way to the "core" of all things Christmas and the Holiday season. ***If you are looking for my Day 17 post for the 31 Days of Halloween, please scroll down to my next post.*** Of course, there are prizes, and we are giving away the best...this time with a mix of fun  Core'dinations products as well. To be one of three prize package winners, follow the posted link lists from each day, leave comments, and winners will be selected from these comments at the beginning of next week.  I've been sharing a few car featuring the Stampendous set, Forest Friends . It's such a sweet set. I was going through my Dreamweaver Stencils, and I came across the Open X-Mas Tree . Then it came to me. Remember the part in Rudolph the Red-Nosed Reindeer, when the song Silv...

Echo Park Blog Hop with Imagine

Greetings! This is my second post for the day. This one is not part of the 31 Days of Halloween, but rather a super-duper blog hop that the Artists in Residence for Imagine are doing with Echo Park . So if you're here for my Day 7 project, please check out the post HERE . But before you do that, scroll on to check out this one. There are prizes up for grabs, so be sure to check out the Imagine Blog as well as the Echo Park Blogs for details. I created my background by applying Dandelion and Tangelo Memento Ink to my brayer. Then I sprayed it with Ink Potion No. 9 to help the colors blend and to act as an extender to keep the inks wet longer. After I rolled the colors out on to watercolor paper and let it dry, I stamped the lovely doily-like image from Echo Park's Simply Sweet Stamp Set with Grape Jelly Memento. I also received the super pretty Heart Doily Designer Die  which I used with a true purple cardstock. But it needed something....and in rolls the super fabul...

Deco Art and Andy Skinner Blog Hop Finale

Hello! It's time for the finale of the DecoArt and Stampendous blog hop. Have you enjoyed yourself this week? I bet you've got some new techniques that you want to try. I know I do! I am super stoked about my project for today. And it solves a dilemma that we've had in my kids' room for a while. What you see above is 2 pieces of PVC. And some fab DecoArt Media Fluid Acrylics ! So, what am I doing with PVC, you ask? Well, my mom bought my son a light saber(Darth Vader's) for Christmas, and he wanted to display it, but we weren't really sure where in his room, and how. I wanted something cooler than hooks, and we thought it would be neat to have the light saber vertical, instead of horizontal. Plus, there was a fab spot for it if it hung in that direction. So, my husband came up with the PVC pip idea, and I altered the pieces. The end cap holds the base, and the small piece of pipe holds up near the end. And the 2 pieces are spaced out enough so that...