Skip to main content

Day 13 of 31: Vampire Queen

Hello! It's Day 13 of the 31 Days of Halloween. Today I have a card that features a fabulous image from The East Wind called Lucy Loo Vampire Queen.

I colored her with my Zig Clean Color Markers. I love how her skin and eyes turned out. Her skin has a greenish gray color to it, which I thought was great for a vampire. These markers blend different colors so beautifully. I can't say enough good things about them.

The highlights in her hair were done with a white Molotow One4All marker. I got it from Blick. This is seriously the best white marker/pen I have even used. And there are 3 different sized tips you can get. I added some ink on the background of the image to age it a bit and to dull out the white of the cardstock. I used Desert Sands and Rich Cocoa Memento. They're from Imagine. And of course, this was another perfect opportunity to spray some of Imagine's Love Letter irRESISTable Spray on the background for blood splatter.

That's it for me today. Please be sure to visit the rest of the Wicked Bloggers. They're all listed in my side bar. Thanks for stopping by. Have a fangtastic day!

Comments

Jade said…
I love how you used so many products to color up Lucy Loo Vampire Queen. And using the Love Letter irresistable spray for blood splatter was genius!
This is so spooky and fun! Love the color too!
Susan Renshaw said…
Fabulous colouring of the image!
Mary Holshouser said…
Spooktacular.
She looks like she's going to lick
the blood off her hand.
On a happier note - I love the zig markers.
I gave my copics to my daughter. I never
liked them.
thanks for sharing.
Viki Banaszak said…
Wow! Alison, she is awesome! I love the coloring on her. And I see some lovely bloody splatters. LOL
Becca Yahrling said…
This is so lovely and creepy.
OOOOOO! This is so cool!! I wouldn't want to meet her in a dark alley any time soon! TFS!
oh eeeekk awesome! so gorgeous!

Popular posts from this blog

Holiday Hop and Collaboration: Day 5

Hello!  All of this week, the  Stampendous  and  Dreamweaver  teams have been playing with a mix of their products, along with some wonderful, SAND-ABLE papers from  Core'dinations . We've sanded our way to the "core" of all things Christmas and the Holiday season. ***If you are looking for my Day 17 post for the 31 Days of Halloween, please scroll down to my next post.*** Of course, there are prizes, and we are giving away the best...this time with a mix of fun  Core'dinations products as well. To be one of three prize package winners, follow the posted link lists from each day, leave comments, and winners will be selected from these comments at the beginning of next week.  I've been sharing a few car featuring the Stampendous set, Forest Friends . It's such a sweet set. I was going through my Dreamweaver Stencils, and I came across the Open X-Mas Tree . Then it came to me. Remember the part in Rudolph the Red-Nosed Reindeer, when the song Silv...

Echo Park Blog Hop with Imagine

Greetings! This is my second post for the day. This one is not part of the 31 Days of Halloween, but rather a super-duper blog hop that the Artists in Residence for Imagine are doing with Echo Park . So if you're here for my Day 7 project, please check out the post HERE . But before you do that, scroll on to check out this one. There are prizes up for grabs, so be sure to check out the Imagine Blog as well as the Echo Park Blogs for details. I created my background by applying Dandelion and Tangelo Memento Ink to my brayer. Then I sprayed it with Ink Potion No. 9 to help the colors blend and to act as an extender to keep the inks wet longer. After I rolled the colors out on to watercolor paper and let it dry, I stamped the lovely doily-like image from Echo Park's Simply Sweet Stamp Set with Grape Jelly Memento. I also received the super pretty Heart Doily Designer Die  which I used with a true purple cardstock. But it needed something....and in rolls the super fabul...

Deco Art and Andy Skinner Blog Hop Finale

Hello! It's time for the finale of the DecoArt and Stampendous blog hop. Have you enjoyed yourself this week? I bet you've got some new techniques that you want to try. I know I do! I am super stoked about my project for today. And it solves a dilemma that we've had in my kids' room for a while. What you see above is 2 pieces of PVC. And some fab DecoArt Media Fluid Acrylics ! So, what am I doing with PVC, you ask? Well, my mom bought my son a light saber(Darth Vader's) for Christmas, and he wanted to display it, but we weren't really sure where in his room, and how. I wanted something cooler than hooks, and we thought it would be neat to have the light saber vertical, instead of horizontal. Plus, there was a fab spot for it if it hung in that direction. So, my husband came up with the PVC pip idea, and I altered the pieces. The end cap holds the base, and the small piece of pipe holds up near the end. And the 2 pieces are spaced out enough so that...