Skip to main content

Paint and Splatter: S&S DT Throwdown!

Hello friends and fiends. Today, I am sharing with you a project that I made for the Smeared & Smudged DT Throwdown. What's that you ask? Well, you can check out the rules HERE, but basically, it's a bunch of teams that are pitted against each other to see who has the coolest project in a set theme. My team is the Ali Kats, and we are Kathi, Gittery Katie and moi. The theme for this first go-around is "Paint and Splatter." I love this challenge! I decided to do something I don't do too often. I made a tag.

The Ali Kats knew we wanted to do at least one project featuring our Bombshell Stamps, (that's what brought us together, after all!) and what better way to kick off the Throwdown? I went with my favorite (and first) Bombshell, Pirate's Life. And I vamped her up. A lot.

Mmmmmm....someone just had a big meal. Look at the smear on her arm from wiping her mouth! Perhaps she should carry a napkin, or some Wet Ones..... I used gray and a pale skin color for her, to give her that death warmed over palor. You can see here that I painted my tag with green and gray acrylics. The red splatter is also acrylic, but done towards the end.

I went with a subtle splatter....the first bits that fly out when the neck is just bitten. ;) My fabulous tree is from Tattered Angels, and the head stones and fence punches are from Martha Stewart. Did you notice that even my ribbon has blood splatter on it...printed that way!

My "Blood Rules" is from Inkadinkado. I had a lot of fun making this tag...and I can see how they can be rather addicting. Now....please go and vote for my team! The Ali Kats! I would love to win this first round. But, even if we don't, this was a lot of fun, and an awesome idea from Smeared & Smudged. Thanks for stopping by. Have an inspiring day!

***I'll be back later with a brand new Movie Magic Monthly Challenge! So please come back for another visit.

Comments

Kathi said…
Ooh. You really embraced the spatter part of the challenge. Love it!

I also love her pale ghoulish color, the fence, and the tombstones.

Fabulous, albeit gory, card.
Creepy Glowbugg said…
I really admire your control when applying the blood splatter to your project. I always have had a hard time with the whole "less is more" concept.
Beautiful tag, Alison. Good luck!
DonnaMundinger said…
Great tag, Alison! Love the stamp and how you vamped her up, especially the red eyes. Fabulously artistic spatter and great die cuts. the ribbon is to die for! xxD
mark gould said…
A great scene and thats one fierce looking Vamp x
GlitteryKatie said…
LOVE The splatter!!!
Suzi McKenzie said…
That is so cool, love the colour choices you went with, she really does look like death. Awesome paint splatter, and I so want that ribbon.
Awesome creation hunni
Hugs
Suzi
xxx
Awesome Alison this is a wonderful tag..I love the image and your creativity.
hugs
susan s
Jenn Borjeson said…
You go girl, this is fantastic! Best of luck! xoxo

Popular posts from this blog

Holiday Hop and Collaboration: Day 5

Hello!  All of this week, the  Stampendous  and  Dreamweaver  teams have been playing with a mix of their products, along with some wonderful, SAND-ABLE papers from  Core'dinations . We've sanded our way to the "core" of all things Christmas and the Holiday season. ***If you are looking for my Day 17 post for the 31 Days of Halloween, please scroll down to my next post.*** Of course, there are prizes, and we are giving away the best...this time with a mix of fun  Core'dinations products as well. To be one of three prize package winners, follow the posted link lists from each day, leave comments, and winners will be selected from these comments at the beginning of next week.  I've been sharing a few car featuring the Stampendous set, Forest Friends . It's such a sweet set. I was going through my Dreamweaver Stencils, and I came across the Open X-Mas Tree . Then it came to me. Remember the part in Rudolph the Red-Nosed Reindeer, when the song Silv...

Echo Park Blog Hop with Imagine

Greetings! This is my second post for the day. This one is not part of the 31 Days of Halloween, but rather a super-duper blog hop that the Artists in Residence for Imagine are doing with Echo Park . So if you're here for my Day 7 project, please check out the post HERE . But before you do that, scroll on to check out this one. There are prizes up for grabs, so be sure to check out the Imagine Blog as well as the Echo Park Blogs for details. I created my background by applying Dandelion and Tangelo Memento Ink to my brayer. Then I sprayed it with Ink Potion No. 9 to help the colors blend and to act as an extender to keep the inks wet longer. After I rolled the colors out on to watercolor paper and let it dry, I stamped the lovely doily-like image from Echo Park's Simply Sweet Stamp Set with Grape Jelly Memento. I also received the super pretty Heart Doily Designer Die  which I used with a true purple cardstock. But it needed something....and in rolls the super fabul...

Deco Art and Andy Skinner Blog Hop Finale

Hello! It's time for the finale of the DecoArt and Stampendous blog hop. Have you enjoyed yourself this week? I bet you've got some new techniques that you want to try. I know I do! I am super stoked about my project for today. And it solves a dilemma that we've had in my kids' room for a while. What you see above is 2 pieces of PVC. And some fab DecoArt Media Fluid Acrylics ! So, what am I doing with PVC, you ask? Well, my mom bought my son a light saber(Darth Vader's) for Christmas, and he wanted to display it, but we weren't really sure where in his room, and how. I wanted something cooler than hooks, and we thought it would be neat to have the light saber vertical, instead of horizontal. Plus, there was a fab spot for it if it hung in that direction. So, my husband came up with the PVC pip idea, and I altered the pieces. The end cap holds the base, and the small piece of pipe holds up near the end. And the 2 pieces are spaced out enough so that...