Skip to main content

Paint and Splatter: S&S DT Throwdown!

Hello friends and fiends. Today, I am sharing with you a project that I made for the Smeared & Smudged DT Throwdown. What's that you ask? Well, you can check out the rules HERE, but basically, it's a bunch of teams that are pitted against each other to see who has the coolest project in a set theme. My team is the Ali Kats, and we are Kathi, Gittery Katie and moi. The theme for this first go-around is "Paint and Splatter." I love this challenge! I decided to do something I don't do too often. I made a tag.

The Ali Kats knew we wanted to do at least one project featuring our Bombshell Stamps, (that's what brought us together, after all!) and what better way to kick off the Throwdown? I went with my favorite (and first) Bombshell, Pirate's Life. And I vamped her up. A lot.

Mmmmmm....someone just had a big meal. Look at the smear on her arm from wiping her mouth! Perhaps she should carry a napkin, or some Wet Ones..... I used gray and a pale skin color for her, to give her that death warmed over palor. You can see here that I painted my tag with green and gray acrylics. The red splatter is also acrylic, but done towards the end.

I went with a subtle splatter....the first bits that fly out when the neck is just bitten. ;) My fabulous tree is from Tattered Angels, and the head stones and fence punches are from Martha Stewart. Did you notice that even my ribbon has blood splatter on it...printed that way!

My "Blood Rules" is from Inkadinkado. I had a lot of fun making this tag...and I can see how they can be rather addicting. Now....please go and vote for my team! The Ali Kats! I would love to win this first round. But, even if we don't, this was a lot of fun, and an awesome idea from Smeared & Smudged. Thanks for stopping by. Have an inspiring day!

***I'll be back later with a brand new Movie Magic Monthly Challenge! So please come back for another visit.

Comments

Kathi said…
Ooh. You really embraced the spatter part of the challenge. Love it!

I also love her pale ghoulish color, the fence, and the tombstones.

Fabulous, albeit gory, card.
Creepy Glowbugg said…
I really admire your control when applying the blood splatter to your project. I always have had a hard time with the whole "less is more" concept.
Beautiful tag, Alison. Good luck!
DonnaMundinger said…
Great tag, Alison! Love the stamp and how you vamped her up, especially the red eyes. Fabulously artistic spatter and great die cuts. the ribbon is to die for! xxD
mark gould said…
A great scene and thats one fierce looking Vamp x
Glittery Katie said…
LOVE The splatter!!!
Kelli said…
She is great!!!!! love her!
Suzi McKenzie said…
That is so cool, love the colour choices you went with, she really does look like death. Awesome paint splatter, and I so want that ribbon.
Awesome creation hunni
Hugs
Suzi
xxx
Ally White Cat said…
Awesome Alison this is a wonderful tag..I love the image and your creativity.
hugs
susan s
Jenn Borjeson said…
You go girl, this is fantastic! Best of luck! xoxo

Popular posts from this blog

Standing in the Clouds with ADfD

Hello! I have a new card with a lovely image from A Day for Daisies to share with you today. The digi is called Standing in the Clouds.

I colored this beauty with Zig Clean Color Markers and a water brush. Here's a close up.

My background was created with the Piasso Stencil from Dreamweaver (available from Stampendous), White VersaColor Ink (from Imagine), a sponge dauber, and Detail White Embossing Enamel. Then I sprayed the background with Sheer Shimmer Spritz in Frost. You'll see that better in the photo below. The entire background looks frosty. My sentiment is from the Soaring Sentiments set. I edged it and my card base with Bahama Blue and Danube Blue Memento Ink, which really matched her jacket perfectly.

See the pretty shimmer? I love the Sheer Shimmer Spritzes, and I encourage you to give them a try. I'll have another project for A Day for Daises soon, and our February challenge will be posted on Friday. Thanks for stopping by. Have an inspiring day!

Creamy Cupcake

Hello! This week, the Stampendous team is sharing different projects for birthdays. Who doesn't love to get a birthday card? My card for today is bold and bright!

Supplies:
Stampendous:
FMS4072: Creamy Cupcake Metal Stencil
Pen from any of the Stencil Duos sets

Other:
My Colors Cardstock: Coral Rose
Zig Clean Color Markers: 025, 033, 062, 080
Memories Mist: Blue Martini, Lavender Tea
Imagine: Turquoise Gem Versa Magic, Rose Bud Fireworks! Spray
Canson Watercolor Paper and Mixed Media Paper
Beacon Adheseives: Zip Dry Glue


Directions:
1. Using Canson Mixed Media Paper, tape down the stencil and trace it with the pen from a Stencil Duo set.

2. Take off the stencil and color in the image using the above listed Zig Clean Color Markers.

3. Cut out the cupcake leaving a border around the image.

4. On the watercolor paper, spray the Memories Mist and Fireworks! Spray.

5. Trim dried watercolor paper to 5" x 3 3/4."

6. Create the card base with Coral Rose cardstock cut to 5 1/2" x 8…

Mosaic Bird

Hello! This week, the Stampendous team is posting some of our projects from the October catalog that feature a "Mosaic Madness" theme . Below, you will see my project that features the Mosaic Bird stamp. 


Supplies:
Stampendous:
W176: Mosaic Bird
SSCM5003: House Mouse Friend Wishes
DCP1006: Fitted Frames Set B
STF082: VersaFine in Onyx Black

Other:
Zig Clean Color Markers: 010, 020, 022, 023, 026, 031, 037, 038, 047, 048, 049, 050, 065, 068, 070, 080, 084, 202, 303
My Colors Cardstock: Ocean Side, Fireflies
Creative Impressions: Lavender Velvet Shimmer Ribbon- 70978
Beacon Adhesives: Zip Dry Glue
Green Cardstock: unknown


Directions: 
1. Color Mosaic Bird image and fussy cut.

2. Cut the card base to 5 1/2" x 8" out of Ocean Side cardstock. Using a yellow-green cardstock, die cut the large "P" from the Fitted Frames set B, and the small "P" out of Fireflies cardstock.

3. Stamp a sentiment from the House Mouse Friend Wishes set using VersaFine ink in Onyx …