Skip to main content

Bombshell Stamps March Hump Day Hop: Stencil it In!

Hello Bloggy friends! Since it's the last Wednesday of the month, it's time for the Bombshell Stamps Hump Day Hop! This month, the theme that I chose was "Stencil it In." I challenged the participants to either use a pre-made stencil, or to create some of their own! Here's my card.

I used 2 images from King of the Road, and the flag from Speed Shop. I was really excited to make this card. Check out that fabby Houndstooth stencil I used! It's from Dreamweaver Stencils. And I have some fun news about them....I am going to be a Guest Designer with them next month!

I colored my hot rod with Metallic F/X (also from Dreamweavers) and watercolor markers. You can't tell here, but the car has an awesome glimmer because of the Metallic F/X.

You can see it much better here. It's also tough to tell, but pretty much everything is pink. They are soft shades of pink, and I think it looks cool.

Here you can really see the dimension of all of my elements. I used a bunch of pop dots, Embossing Paste, and corrugated cardboard. This was a really fun card to make. Below is the full hop list. Please be sure to leave some love for everyone. And perhaps you can join us next month! Thanks for stopping by. Have an inspiring day!


Comments

KC said…
I want to touch it!!! that looks so cool! so do you have black embossing paste or did you color it? I really like this...and I love the metallic car!!!I know a few guys who wouldn't mind this card :) great work my friend!!
Kathi said…
Wow! That's so fabulous. I love the dimensional look from the stencil paste and now want to know more about the Metal FX.

Great project!
Kim said…
Wonderful card Alison. I loooove the houndstooth background! The car looks awesome with the glimmer. I definately need to look into the metallic f/x and embossing paste now. It looks so cool on your card. Fantastic work! And congrats on your guest dt spot!
That houndstooth is super. I love the dimension
Jenn Borjeson said…
Gorgeous creation, my friend! :)
nwilliams6 said…
What a fab masculine card - I really like how you did the flags. Seriously, this is wonderful!
Pam Hornschu said…
I love the Houndstooth background with the hotrod! Very cool, Alison!

Popular posts from this blog

Holiday Hop and Collaboration: Day 5

Hello!  All of this week, the  Stampendous  and  Dreamweaver  teams have been playing with a mix of their products, along with some wonderful, SAND-ABLE papers from  Core'dinations . We've sanded our way to the "core" of all things Christmas and the Holiday season. ***If you are looking for my Day 17 post for the 31 Days of Halloween, please scroll down to my next post.*** Of course, there are prizes, and we are giving away the best...this time with a mix of fun  Core'dinations products as well. To be one of three prize package winners, follow the posted link lists from each day, leave comments, and winners will be selected from these comments at the beginning of next week.  I've been sharing a few car featuring the Stampendous set, Forest Friends . It's such a sweet set. I was going through my Dreamweaver Stencils, and I came across the Open X-Mas Tree . Then it came to me. Remember the part in Rudolph the Red-Nosed Reindeer, when the song Silv...

Echo Park Blog Hop with Imagine

Greetings! This is my second post for the day. This one is not part of the 31 Days of Halloween, but rather a super-duper blog hop that the Artists in Residence for Imagine are doing with Echo Park . So if you're here for my Day 7 project, please check out the post HERE . But before you do that, scroll on to check out this one. There are prizes up for grabs, so be sure to check out the Imagine Blog as well as the Echo Park Blogs for details. I created my background by applying Dandelion and Tangelo Memento Ink to my brayer. Then I sprayed it with Ink Potion No. 9 to help the colors blend and to act as an extender to keep the inks wet longer. After I rolled the colors out on to watercolor paper and let it dry, I stamped the lovely doily-like image from Echo Park's Simply Sweet Stamp Set with Grape Jelly Memento. I also received the super pretty Heart Doily Designer Die  which I used with a true purple cardstock. But it needed something....and in rolls the super fabul...

Deco Art and Andy Skinner Blog Hop Finale

Hello! It's time for the finale of the DecoArt and Stampendous blog hop. Have you enjoyed yourself this week? I bet you've got some new techniques that you want to try. I know I do! I am super stoked about my project for today. And it solves a dilemma that we've had in my kids' room for a while. What you see above is 2 pieces of PVC. And some fab DecoArt Media Fluid Acrylics ! So, what am I doing with PVC, you ask? Well, my mom bought my son a light saber(Darth Vader's) for Christmas, and he wanted to display it, but we weren't really sure where in his room, and how. I wanted something cooler than hooks, and we thought it would be neat to have the light saber vertical, instead of horizontal. Plus, there was a fab spot for it if it hung in that direction. So, my husband came up with the PVC pip idea, and I altered the pieces. The end cap holds the base, and the small piece of pipe holds up near the end. And the 2 pieces are spaced out enough so that...