Skip to main content

Miss you Daddy....and Trying to Catch Up

Greetings! It's March 21st. My least favorite day of the year. Today, 12 years ago, my Dad passed away. Gods how I hate this day. But, I tried to do something positive. I made an art journal page. Actually, I made 2. I signed up for the 30 Days of lists, and then got the damn flu, and i haven't been able to catch up. So, I sat my butt down the other night and wrote up all the lists I was shy. Now I just need to make the pages. So. I bring you......the page about my Dad.

It's got a watercolor background, and I wrote my list on a piece of vellum. It's my "What I Miss About Daddy" list. I could have written for hours. But I kept the list short and sweet. Lest I start bawling.

1. Going to car and motorcycle shows
2. Watching NHRA
3. Everything that never got to happen
4. The look in your eyes when you joke.
5. The pretend ignoring
6. The shots of Goldschlager
7. Shopping with you
8. Your suits
9. Everything

This was tough to write...and I am sure a lot of it may not make sense to you.....but this is my heart on the page.

And this is Day 6 (yeah...I have a lot of pages to make!)...My Talents; According to Gene. The page (again) doesn't look complete to me. But I made this before the one about my Dad...and I couldn't get my Dad's list out of my head....so I needed to just get this one done. But, it's a start.

Gene thinks my talents are:
1.Artist
2. Good Teacher
3. Good Decorator
4. Good Cook
Awwwww! So sweet! Thanks for visiting me today. Have an inspiring day!
(I'm the one directly on my Dad)

Comments

Laura B said…
I think your lists look great! I just wanted to let you know that you've been in my thoughts a lot yesterday and today. Big hugs to you!
nwilliams6 said…
Wow - brought tears to my eyes. It will be 15 years since I lost my Father in a few days so this totally hit home with me. I would even write a few of the same things you wrote on my own list if I had one. Thanks for sharing this very personal post,

Popular posts from this blog

Holiday Hop and Collaboration: Day 5

Hello!  All of this week, the  Stampendous  and  Dreamweaver  teams have been playing with a mix of their products, along with some wonderful, SAND-ABLE papers from  Core'dinations . We've sanded our way to the "core" of all things Christmas and the Holiday season. ***If you are looking for my Day 17 post for the 31 Days of Halloween, please scroll down to my next post.*** Of course, there are prizes, and we are giving away the best...this time with a mix of fun  Core'dinations products as well. To be one of three prize package winners, follow the posted link lists from each day, leave comments, and winners will be selected from these comments at the beginning of next week.  I've been sharing a few car featuring the Stampendous set, Forest Friends . It's such a sweet set. I was going through my Dreamweaver Stencils, and I came across the Open X-Mas Tree . Then it came to me. Remember the part in Rudolph the Red-Nosed Reindeer, when the song Silv...

Echo Park Blog Hop with Imagine

Greetings! This is my second post for the day. This one is not part of the 31 Days of Halloween, but rather a super-duper blog hop that the Artists in Residence for Imagine are doing with Echo Park . So if you're here for my Day 7 project, please check out the post HERE . But before you do that, scroll on to check out this one. There are prizes up for grabs, so be sure to check out the Imagine Blog as well as the Echo Park Blogs for details. I created my background by applying Dandelion and Tangelo Memento Ink to my brayer. Then I sprayed it with Ink Potion No. 9 to help the colors blend and to act as an extender to keep the inks wet longer. After I rolled the colors out on to watercolor paper and let it dry, I stamped the lovely doily-like image from Echo Park's Simply Sweet Stamp Set with Grape Jelly Memento. I also received the super pretty Heart Doily Designer Die  which I used with a true purple cardstock. But it needed something....and in rolls the super fabul...

Deco Art and Andy Skinner Blog Hop Finale

Hello! It's time for the finale of the DecoArt and Stampendous blog hop. Have you enjoyed yourself this week? I bet you've got some new techniques that you want to try. I know I do! I am super stoked about my project for today. And it solves a dilemma that we've had in my kids' room for a while. What you see above is 2 pieces of PVC. And some fab DecoArt Media Fluid Acrylics ! So, what am I doing with PVC, you ask? Well, my mom bought my son a light saber(Darth Vader's) for Christmas, and he wanted to display it, but we weren't really sure where in his room, and how. I wanted something cooler than hooks, and we thought it would be neat to have the light saber vertical, instead of horizontal. Plus, there was a fab spot for it if it hung in that direction. So, my husband came up with the PVC pip idea, and I altered the pieces. The end cap holds the base, and the small piece of pipe holds up near the end. And the 2 pieces are spaced out enough so that...