Skip to main content

My Top 10 Cards of 2010

Greetings! After kind of avoiding the computer for a few days, I am happy to bring you a mini recap of my Top 10 Fave Cards of 2010. This was started by my bloggy friend, and fellow Groovy Gurl Suzi. If you click on her name you can see all of the fab details of this Top 10 Hop.

Top10

I have made a LOT of cards this year. To narrow down my favorite 10 is a tough job, because I am honestly proud of so many more then just 10. But…here are my choices, in no order.

1.Bride-Cameo-1

This may very well be may favorite card of the year…One reason is because it uses my favorite Strange Skin digi…and because Strange Skin is my sister Pam and her boyfriend Jorge’s company! I love this card.

2.Damon2

Damon Salvatore…do I really need to say much more? This digi is from StampHappens, and I LURVED coloring it in! I watched Vampire Diaries as I was coloring to make sure that I got the high and low lights of his fabulous jacket right!

3.Dad-Star-1 I made this one using a free digi (for newsletter subscribers) from Bombshell Stamps, and flames from Heidi Swapp. I think it’s super cool.

4.Holy-Ground-1

This was made using one of my favorite stamp sets from Smeared Ink…Holy City. I cannot get enough of this set!

5.Electric-Butterfly1

This card features Maddie from StampInsanity. I love her. She’s so versatile! And this card is just so much fun!

6.Seed-Card14

I love this one because it’s so simple. I used 4 different stamps to make up the whole focal image, but it looks so clean and relaxed. It’s a very different style for me…but I like it! Florals are from Paper Candy and the senti is from Verve.

7.Pin-Stripes-Angel-1

This is one of my newest cards for Bombshell Stamps, but it’s also a clear favorite. I used 3 different sets for this card. Bombshell Angel, Man’s Ruin and Pin Stripes. I think this is an interesting spin on the way Bombshells usually look.

8.IMG_09412

This is my first step card! And it was so much fun to make! I used another fab chick from StampInsanity for this baby, as well as one of SI’s amazing sentiments.

9.Picture 363 This is one of those cards that turned out exactly as I had pictured it in my head. Isn’t it glorious when that happens? I used 2 amazing images from Smeared Ink for this one.

10.Picture 363

You all know that I LOVE Sweet Pea Stamps. Love them. I get such joy out of coloring their stunning images in. And this is one of my faves of the year… I love the bright colors here, and the watermarked and embossed sea grass in the background.

I hope you enjoyed my Top 10! It was really hard to narrow them down…I many need to do a Top 20! ;} Please remember that you can click on any of the images to see it bigger. Big thanks to Suzi for putting this rad hop together! Happy 2011!!!

PS: I had to do it. I made a 2nd Top 10! Check out my latest post to see it.

Comments

KC said…
these are all so great! I couldn't imagine how hard it was for you to pick only 10 you are so talented! thanks for sharing!!
Carol W. said…
Alison I love all your cards! My favs are, of course, Damon and love the colors you did with Maddie!! TFS
Carol W. said…
BTW...Is Stamp Happens not online any more?
Regina said…
Your selection of cards is great!! You did an amazing work!!
Have a marvellous New Year!!
Hugs
Regina
Larissa said…
Thanks for sharing all your favorite cards from 2010.

Hugs,
Larissa
Poppit said…
I also love your clean and simple flower card - it's stunning! Happy crafting for 2011 :-)
Cheryl said…
What a beautiful collection of cards! I enjoyed looking at all of them.


Happy New Years!
--Cheryl--
Anonymous said…
Wonderful cards!!! TFS! -Sam :-)
ellepaulette said…
Great selection of cards! Just perfect!! :)
alethea said…
Fantastic cards!! The male cards are great!!
Marley said…
awesome top 10! Hugs Marley
Stephanie said…
WOW!!! Your Damon card is just amazing!!! Lovely creations! TYFS!
Anonymous said…
Absolutely beautiful collection of Cards, a truly wonderful mix. I love your style, so glad to know you my Groovy Friend:)
Think i might have to make it a Top 20 next year, just off to see you other Top 10 :)
Thank you so much for joining in the hop. Wishing you all the best for 2011:)
Suzi
xxx
Carolyn said…
What a lovely collection of cards. Wishing you a Happy and creative New Year!

Carolyn
Fiona said…
fab selection of cards.
Leigh Ann Baird said…
The coloring on #2 is beyond perfect! You are so creative!
wendyp said…
Gorgeous cards!!!
Juanita said…
Love all your cards Alison, the Damon ones is one of my faves, you colored him perfectly.
Anonymous said…
Awesome cards...love them all...Happy New Year...HUGS...SK :)
Sue from Oregon said…
What a great variety of cards Alison!
hellerlittle said…
What a beautiful collection of cards! I enjoyed looking at all of them my fav is #6. Happy New Year
Lol, I'm not surprised you had trouble narrowing it down, I'll be looking at your second post too, but I do need to finish the hop first ;)
I love all your work, but the Bombshell one and the Strange Skin one are my favourites of these ones :D
Donna said…
What a fun Top 10 (oops 20!) It's hard to pick just ten isn't it. Great picks! TFS! Happy New Year!

Popular posts from this blog

Christmas in July with Imagine Crafts & Stencil Girl!

Hello! Have you heard? The Imagine AIRs have been hopping with Stencil Girl! If you have been here before, you know I loooove me some stencils, so this collaboration was very exciting for me! The teams are hopping for 3 consecutive Saturdays, and this is week 2. I have the entire list of hop links at the bottom of the post. Be sure you don't miss anyone! I decided to to create an extra large gift tag with my new stencils. Using red cardstock, I taped down the Journal Texture #8 Stencil  and inked it up with Golden Glitz Delicata ink . I promise you, this is the BEST gold ink you will ever use! The Journal stamp only has 2 diamonds on it (it's a 4x4" stencil), so after I inked up the first pair, I moved over the stencil, lined it up, and inked again. Next I wanted to do something textural with the Urban Insiders Star . So I took some evergreen cardstock, taped down the star, and slathered on some yummy Iridescent Green Creative Medium . After the medium dried, I ga

Our Favorites: ADfD Blog Hop

***Sorry for the late posting....Blogger doesn't always play nice! Today is the first day of our  ADFD Blog Hop  - a celebration of all of the beautiful images Tammy has created over the years. As a special surprise for Tammy, we have a combination of current and former DT members participating in the hop. Her inspiring art and generous heart have touched us all. We want to take a moment to show our gratitude and thank Tammy for the blessings and joys we have received as members of the ADFD DT. Our theme is “A Collection of ADFD Favorites” - so each DT member’s blog you visit will share something she has created with one of her favorite ADFD images.  The hop has   hidden prizes  - a commenter from each hidden prize stop will win a choice of one image from the ADFD Shop ! You won’t know where the prizes are hidden, so be sure to leave a comment at each stop of the Hop!  Our Blog Hop will run from 7:00 a.m. eastern standard time on Saturday, February 25, 2017 until 9:00 p.m. eas

Remembering Aletha

Greetings, Friends. This post today is part of a very special blog hop. We are celebrating the life of an amazingly talented artist and friend. The crafting community lost Aletha Jane Williams on May 5, 2019. Those of us that worked with her on Design Teams or on Challenge Blogs all agree that she was one of the sweetest and most talented women we knew. We are not here to mourn her loss though. This hop is happening in conjunction with a very special celebration of her life and her art that her husband Bob is holding in her home city of Tulsa, Oklahoma. Please join us in honoring our incredibly creative friend Aletha . My card features the "Remembering Aletha" Sprite, which Mitzi (owner and artist of Aurora Wings ) created specifically for this hop. She is generously giving the digi away to all, over on her blog. This sweet Sprite looks so much like Aletha, and I know she would have been honored. If you download this digi for yourself, please be sure to give a huge "