Skip to main content

SISC #37: Luscious Lace, the Fabric of our Lives!

It’s Thursday! Which means it’s time for another StampInsanity Challenge!!! This week our challenge to you is to create a project using lace and/or fabric! The possibilities are endless! And, what's really cool is that BOTH Wards are playing along this week! Here is my offering to the challenge…

Lace-1

I had really hoped to find some cream colored lace in my Mom’s HUGE stash…but we couldn’t find any at the time. So I opted to layer 2 types of beautiful trim for this Holiday card.

Lace-2

This is one of the 2 fabulous new Holiday Princess Maddies. I love them both…but here is something so magical about this one. She’s called Renaissance Princess. Totally up my alley!!! I guess it’s the candle and her pretty cape. I am so pleased with the way her hair came out. Doesn’t it look like it’s glowing from the candle? Would you like to see the rest of this pretty new digi set?

Holiday Princess Maddie 2010

I plan on using this candle Maddie throughout the year, for sure!

Lace-3

I used 3 pretty papers, and Walnut Stain Distress Ink on the card. It’s just a sweet, pretty card that I look forward to sending to someone special…if I can part with it! Am I the only one that makes a ton of cards, and then hordes them for myself???

Now it’s time for you to visit the rest of the fantabulous Groovy Gurlz! Have an inspiring day!!!

Ward 1

Juanita forSpecTextBoxBig Lynx (Blackdragon)forSpecTextBoxBigSugar

JaneforSpecTextBoxBigMargie (DTC) forSpecTextBoxBigKapree

WendyforSpecTextBoxBigDawn

Ward 2

JacquieforSpecTextBoxBigAlison (that’s me!) forSpecTextBoxBigSusan

Erica forSpecTextBoxBigRosalien forSpecTextBoxBigChelsea forSpecTextBoxBigJules

Comments

I like it just the way it is!!!! Not sure I can picture it with the lace you wanted to use!!! Awesomeness!
Carol W. said…
I love both Maddies! Thank you for sharing. The card is beautiful.
Beth said…
Oh, I think that trimming is PERFECT! You did a great job - her hair is out of this world!! Gorgeous card! xx

Popular posts from this blog

Holiday Hop and Collaboration: Day 5

Hello!  All of this week, the  Stampendous  and  Dreamweaver  teams have been playing with a mix of their products, along with some wonderful, SAND-ABLE papers from  Core'dinations . We've sanded our way to the "core" of all things Christmas and the Holiday season. ***If you are looking for my Day 17 post for the 31 Days of Halloween, please scroll down to my next post.*** Of course, there are prizes, and we are giving away the best...this time with a mix of fun  Core'dinations products as well. To be one of three prize package winners, follow the posted link lists from each day, leave comments, and winners will be selected from these comments at the beginning of next week.  I've been sharing a few car featuring the Stampendous set, Forest Friends . It's such a sweet set. I was going through my Dreamweaver Stencils, and I came across the Open X-Mas Tree . Then it came to me. Remember the part in Rudolph the Red-Nosed Reindeer, when the song Silv...

Echo Park Blog Hop with Imagine

Greetings! This is my second post for the day. This one is not part of the 31 Days of Halloween, but rather a super-duper blog hop that the Artists in Residence for Imagine are doing with Echo Park . So if you're here for my Day 7 project, please check out the post HERE . But before you do that, scroll on to check out this one. There are prizes up for grabs, so be sure to check out the Imagine Blog as well as the Echo Park Blogs for details. I created my background by applying Dandelion and Tangelo Memento Ink to my brayer. Then I sprayed it with Ink Potion No. 9 to help the colors blend and to act as an extender to keep the inks wet longer. After I rolled the colors out on to watercolor paper and let it dry, I stamped the lovely doily-like image from Echo Park's Simply Sweet Stamp Set with Grape Jelly Memento. I also received the super pretty Heart Doily Designer Die  which I used with a true purple cardstock. But it needed something....and in rolls the super fabul...

Deco Art and Andy Skinner Blog Hop Finale

Hello! It's time for the finale of the DecoArt and Stampendous blog hop. Have you enjoyed yourself this week? I bet you've got some new techniques that you want to try. I know I do! I am super stoked about my project for today. And it solves a dilemma that we've had in my kids' room for a while. What you see above is 2 pieces of PVC. And some fab DecoArt Media Fluid Acrylics ! So, what am I doing with PVC, you ask? Well, my mom bought my son a light saber(Darth Vader's) for Christmas, and he wanted to display it, but we weren't really sure where in his room, and how. I wanted something cooler than hooks, and we thought it would be neat to have the light saber vertical, instead of horizontal. Plus, there was a fab spot for it if it hung in that direction. So, my husband came up with the PVC pip idea, and I altered the pieces. The end cap holds the base, and the small piece of pipe holds up near the end. And the 2 pieces are spaced out enough so that...