Skip to main content

Snowflakes Make Me Smile! Day 9 of the S&S 12 Days of Christmas

4 Years ago today, I became a Mom. My son Phoenix was born at 8:32PM. What an incredible night it was. I cannot believe that he is 4 years old. HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!! I love you, my son!!!

I have an super simple card to share today. Don’t we all need that sometimes? Super simple? Even though it’s easy, it’s pretty damn adorable!

Snowflakes-Snowman-1

I used a single stamp (Stamps Happen, Inc.) and colored it in with my colored pencils. Some plaid paper, a touch of black for some punch, and voila! Finished!

Snowflakes-Snowman-2

Isn’t he sweet? I love his patches! I know this is a short post today, but there is a lot going on… So now you can go and check out the rest of the Jolly Bloggers, posted on my sidebar. Have an inspiring day!!!

November 239

Comments

Happy Birthday to your big man Phoenix!

The snowman is wonderful. I love the hanging heart, so cute!!!!
CraftyMomOf3 said…
Happy Birthday Pheonix!! What a gorgeous picture of you two!! LOVE IT!!

Love your creation!! SO cute!!

HUGS!
Meredith
Carol W. said…
Happy Birthday Pheonix! Love the picture, he is so handsome!

Love the card! You are right sometimes, simple is just better!

~Carol
http://caroleesscrappinspot.blogspot.com/
deniserows said…
ahoy...hope he has a great birthday. being a decmeber birthday myself i always appreciated someon remembering it was my birthday and did not give me a 2 fer. the card is fab but then again i'm a snowman nut
TMCPhoto said…
Happy Birthday, My Peanut is just about 4 and a half and so far this year has been the funnest yet.

And yes, sometimes you just need a little bit of simple
Unknown said…
Happy Birthday to your son. I love your card simple and cute great work
Luv Jane xxx
DonnaMundinger said…
What an adorable card and even more adorable son! Happy birthday, Phoenix! xxD
Steph said…
Happy B-day Pheonix! This is sucha cute card, love how the patch paper matches his patch.
DK Spins said…
Hope you had a super birthday Phoenix! Man, he's adorable - one of your best creations . Also an adorable card - love the snowman image Alison.
paula akers said…
Fantastic card! Happy birthday to Phoenix and Mommy. TFS Paula
ldfdesign said…
happy b-lated birthday to phoenix! the snowman is to cute! love the patch work!

Popular posts from this blog

Holiday Hop and Collaboration: Day 5

Hello!  All of this week, the  Stampendous  and  Dreamweaver  teams have been playing with a mix of their products, along with some wonderful, SAND-ABLE papers from  Core'dinations . We've sanded our way to the "core" of all things Christmas and the Holiday season. ***If you are looking for my Day 17 post for the 31 Days of Halloween, please scroll down to my next post.*** Of course, there are prizes, and we are giving away the best...this time with a mix of fun  Core'dinations products as well. To be one of three prize package winners, follow the posted link lists from each day, leave comments, and winners will be selected from these comments at the beginning of next week.  I've been sharing a few car featuring the Stampendous set, Forest Friends . It's such a sweet set. I was going through my Dreamweaver Stencils, and I came across the Open X-Mas Tree . Then it came to me. Remember the part in Rudolph the Red-Nosed Reindeer, when the song Silv...

Echo Park Blog Hop with Imagine

Greetings! This is my second post for the day. This one is not part of the 31 Days of Halloween, but rather a super-duper blog hop that the Artists in Residence for Imagine are doing with Echo Park . So if you're here for my Day 7 project, please check out the post HERE . But before you do that, scroll on to check out this one. There are prizes up for grabs, so be sure to check out the Imagine Blog as well as the Echo Park Blogs for details. I created my background by applying Dandelion and Tangelo Memento Ink to my brayer. Then I sprayed it with Ink Potion No. 9 to help the colors blend and to act as an extender to keep the inks wet longer. After I rolled the colors out on to watercolor paper and let it dry, I stamped the lovely doily-like image from Echo Park's Simply Sweet Stamp Set with Grape Jelly Memento. I also received the super pretty Heart Doily Designer Die  which I used with a true purple cardstock. But it needed something....and in rolls the super fabul...

Deco Art and Andy Skinner Blog Hop Finale

Hello! It's time for the finale of the DecoArt and Stampendous blog hop. Have you enjoyed yourself this week? I bet you've got some new techniques that you want to try. I know I do! I am super stoked about my project for today. And it solves a dilemma that we've had in my kids' room for a while. What you see above is 2 pieces of PVC. And some fab DecoArt Media Fluid Acrylics ! So, what am I doing with PVC, you ask? Well, my mom bought my son a light saber(Darth Vader's) for Christmas, and he wanted to display it, but we weren't really sure where in his room, and how. I wanted something cooler than hooks, and we thought it would be neat to have the light saber vertical, instead of horizontal. Plus, there was a fab spot for it if it hung in that direction. So, my husband came up with the PVC pip idea, and I altered the pieces. The end cap holds the base, and the small piece of pipe holds up near the end. And the 2 pieces are spaced out enough so that...