Skip to main content

Another Top 10…I Had To!

Did you see yesterday’s post? It’s my Top 10 Cards of 2010. But, as I reread the post, I realized that there were a few of my other favorites that I didn’t put up. So…why not just do another Top 10? There was no way that I could go without mentioning these cards…

1.Gene's-Card-1

I made this card for my husband. This saucy digi is from Kenny K and I LURVE her!!! Her name is Allura Von D. She rawks!

2.Raven-Collage-1

I adore all of the stamps used in this card. Guess how many? 5! All from Smeared Ink. They are from the Quoth the Raven set, minus the Frame which is from the Nymphs set.

3.Santa-Claws-1

I just think this one is too funny! This scary-as-Hell Freddy is another digi from the rad Strange Skin. The claw marks are from Smeared Ink.

4.Winter-Msitletoe-1

Here’s another awesome Kenny K digi. I think she’s soooo pretty! I used a huge Glimmer Screen and 3 colors of Glimmer Mist for her background. I liked this card so much I made it 3 times!

5.Rio-B&W-1

I like this one because it reminds me of old B&W horror films. This is Rio from Simply Betty Stamps. Another one of the coolest pieces of rubbah I acquired this year! I think she’s so versatile!

6.Seductress1

This one features a digi from Stamps Happen, which sadly, I don’t think is online anymore. What a cool vamp chick, right?

7.Picture 101

This card uses one of my favorite Smeared Ink images. It’s from the Chicks Dig Guns set. If you take a close look at the card, I colored this chick only where the sights are. A pretty cool effect!

8.Picture 291

This is another card that has a very different look from my usual style. I love all things vintage which is why I loved this sweet image. Sorry…can’t remember where I got it from.

9.IMG_0344

Here’s another Sweet Pea Stamps image. I can’t get enough of them!

10.Vamp-Cameo-1

Lastly, I have another Strange Skin digi card. This is from their Cameo Collection…which is amazing.

You can click on any of the photos to see them bigger. Hope you enjoyed my 2nd Top 10!!! Have an inspiring day!

Comments

Carol said…
TFS again your Top 10! I love the colors in #9 and #6 rocks. Too bad about Stamp Happens not being online anymore! Thank you for letting me know
Mrs Weyremaster said…
Another gorgeous Top 10, you really did make a lot of beautiful cards in 2010, can't wait to see what you create in 2011. Love the KennyK cards:)
Suzi
xxx
Shelley said…
Those are all great too! You definitely needed to do another!
Leigh Ann Baird said…
I love the freddy card! Reminds me of my teen years and all those awesome 80's movies.
Love these ones too Alison, and now it's even harder to pick a favourite, but I think the last one with the Strange Skin cameo, the black and white Simply Betty one (it's so reminiscent of old horror films) and the pale Kenny K Christmas one are reaching out to me :D

Popular posts from this blog

Christmas Package

Hello! This week, the Stampendous Design Team will be sharing projects that fit the theme, "Dear Santa, I've Been Good!" I used the sweet Christmas Package stencil (which frankly, can be used for plenty of other occasions too!), and a scrap I had leftover from the Chevron Stencil. Check out the full tutorial below.



Supplies:
Stampendous: 
DWLL466: Christmas Package
DWLX7026: Chevron Stencil
MGK01: Fall Micro Glitter Kit
MGK02: Christmas Micro Glitter Kit
DWDGP: Gold Embossing Paste
DWDGWP: Glossy White Embossing Paste
DWDPK: Palette Knife
FX71: Sticky Panels

Other: 
My Colors Cardstock: Dare Devil, Parrot
Molotow: 2mm Round Pen in Signal White
EK Success: Corner Rounder
Beacon Adhesives: Zip Dry

Directions:
1. Tape Christmas Package stencil to Dare Devil cardstock. Tape off the bow so that you don't get paste on it. Paste the box with your Palette Knife and Glossy White Embossing Paste. Remove stencil to wash. While the paste is still wet, sprinkle Lime Micro Glitter from the Hal…

Standing in the Clouds with ADfD

Hello! I have a new card with a lovely image from A Day for Daisies to share with you today. The digi is called Standing in the Clouds.

I colored this beauty with Zig Clean Color Markers and a water brush. Here's a close up.

My background was created with the Piasso Stencil from Dreamweaver (available from Stampendous), White VersaColor Ink (from Imagine), a sponge dauber, and Detail White Embossing Enamel. Then I sprayed the background with Sheer Shimmer Spritz in Frost. You'll see that better in the photo below. The entire background looks frosty. My sentiment is from the Soaring Sentiments set. I edged it and my card base with Bahama Blue and Danube Blue Memento Ink, which really matched her jacket perfectly.

See the pretty shimmer? I love the Sheer Shimmer Spritzes, and I encourage you to give them a try. I'll have another project for A Day for Daises soon, and our February challenge will be posted on Friday. Thanks for stopping by. Have an inspiring day!

Creamy Cupcake

Hello! This week, the Stampendous team is sharing different projects for birthdays. Who doesn't love to get a birthday card? My card for today is bold and bright!

Supplies:
Stampendous:
FMS4072: Creamy Cupcake Metal Stencil
Pen from any of the Stencil Duos sets

Other:
My Colors Cardstock: Coral Rose
Zig Clean Color Markers: 025, 033, 062, 080
Memories Mist: Blue Martini, Lavender Tea
Imagine: Turquoise Gem Versa Magic, Rose Bud Fireworks! Spray
Canson Watercolor Paper and Mixed Media Paper
Beacon Adheseives: Zip Dry Glue


Directions:
1. Using Canson Mixed Media Paper, tape down the stencil and trace it with the pen from a Stencil Duo set.

2. Take off the stencil and color in the image using the above listed Zig Clean Color Markers.

3. Cut out the cupcake leaving a border around the image.

4. On the watercolor paper, spray the Memories Mist and Fireworks! Spray.

5. Trim dried watercolor paper to 5" x 3 3/4."

6. Create the card base with Coral Rose cardstock cut to 5 1/2" x 8…