Skip to main content

Happy Little Trees: Day 10 of S&S 12 Days of Christmas

Greetings and salutations! Today I bring you not one, but two cards…both of which are easy-peasy and use those coveted scraps we’ve all been hording. Let’s take a look, shall we?

Happy-Trees-1

Here is one of my Happy Little Trees. All you do is start with a corner of patterned paper and cut a triangle from that corner…and it’s totally cool if it’s a little wonky! Then, you angle your scissors to cut another straight line, but kind of off kilter. You want to re-angle your scissors with each cut so that you have weird little triangles and trapezoids. Each cut will automatically be longer then the last, so the graduation of the tree size happens on it’s own!

You may need to readjust the length and positioning of the “branches”, but it goes together really fast. Adhere them all to a stick of brown, and your tree is ready!

Happy-Trees-2

I realized after this card was all said and done that I didn’t have a stamp on it, so I quickly added the little “Joy” so that it would count for the S&S 12 Days Challenge, Do you see the silver Glimmer Mist I used on the background? Click on any of the photos to see them bigger.

Happy-Trees-3

With this version, I remembered to add stamps, so my background (the cross hatching) was stamped using a watermark pad, and then chalked with brown. It’s subtle, yet very hip! I like the mod feel of this card.

Happy-Trees-4

A rhinestone star at the top, finished off the card. Simple and fun! You can even use different patterns to make one of these trees! Hope you like them! Now please be sure to visit the rest of the Jolly Bloggers, posted on my sidebar. Have an inspiring day!

Comments

THESE are AWESOME! My kids can help and wouldn't they be fabulous thank you cards for them to send? LOVE them!!!! LOVE them!!! Also doing some spring ones with a bird in them. LOVE THEM!!!!
DonnaMundinger said…
Sooo cool and creative! I'm soooo gonna do this! LOVE it! xxD
deniserows said…
ahoy..what a fun and easy card. even i could do this. thanx for the lesson
Unknown said…
Your cards are fantastic so easy to do but so awesome to look at
Luv Jane xxx
TMCPhoto said…
Love these trees! perfect way to make use of those scraps
I love these... Also agree with Alex that they could be used for spring also!!!! HMMMM me thinks I have another card to add to next years list of dos!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Steph said…
Oh my gosh I love these! Super cute, I'm so going to give this a try tomorrow, thanks for the inspiration and instructions :)
ldfdesign said…
wow! cute and easy! thanks for the idea, i love these!

Popular posts from this blog

Holiday Hop and Collaboration: Day 5

Hello!  All of this week, the  Stampendous  and  Dreamweaver  teams have been playing with a mix of their products, along with some wonderful, SAND-ABLE papers from  Core'dinations . We've sanded our way to the "core" of all things Christmas and the Holiday season. ***If you are looking for my Day 17 post for the 31 Days of Halloween, please scroll down to my next post.*** Of course, there are prizes, and we are giving away the best...this time with a mix of fun  Core'dinations products as well. To be one of three prize package winners, follow the posted link lists from each day, leave comments, and winners will be selected from these comments at the beginning of next week.  I've been sharing a few car featuring the Stampendous set, Forest Friends . It's such a sweet set. I was going through my Dreamweaver Stencils, and I came across the Open X-Mas Tree . Then it came to me. Remember the part in Rudolph the Red-Nosed Reindeer, when the song Silv...

Echo Park Blog Hop with Imagine

Greetings! This is my second post for the day. This one is not part of the 31 Days of Halloween, but rather a super-duper blog hop that the Artists in Residence for Imagine are doing with Echo Park . So if you're here for my Day 7 project, please check out the post HERE . But before you do that, scroll on to check out this one. There are prizes up for grabs, so be sure to check out the Imagine Blog as well as the Echo Park Blogs for details. I created my background by applying Dandelion and Tangelo Memento Ink to my brayer. Then I sprayed it with Ink Potion No. 9 to help the colors blend and to act as an extender to keep the inks wet longer. After I rolled the colors out on to watercolor paper and let it dry, I stamped the lovely doily-like image from Echo Park's Simply Sweet Stamp Set with Grape Jelly Memento. I also received the super pretty Heart Doily Designer Die  which I used with a true purple cardstock. But it needed something....and in rolls the super fabul...

Deco Art and Andy Skinner Blog Hop Finale

Hello! It's time for the finale of the DecoArt and Stampendous blog hop. Have you enjoyed yourself this week? I bet you've got some new techniques that you want to try. I know I do! I am super stoked about my project for today. And it solves a dilemma that we've had in my kids' room for a while. What you see above is 2 pieces of PVC. And some fab DecoArt Media Fluid Acrylics ! So, what am I doing with PVC, you ask? Well, my mom bought my son a light saber(Darth Vader's) for Christmas, and he wanted to display it, but we weren't really sure where in his room, and how. I wanted something cooler than hooks, and we thought it would be neat to have the light saber vertical, instead of horizontal. Plus, there was a fab spot for it if it hung in that direction. So, my husband came up with the PVC pip idea, and I altered the pieces. The end cap holds the base, and the small piece of pipe holds up near the end. And the 2 pieces are spaced out enough so that...