Skip to main content

Frankenstein Tag: Day 25 of 31 Days of Halloween

I am sharing another tag today. I really enjoy making them. I hope to eventually use this one on a layout. I colored up Frankenstein, from Strange Skin’s Monster Buffs collection (did you know they now have two more famous monster sets???). Check it.

Frankenstein-Tag-1

I didn’t use any paper on this tag, aside from that which I used to print Frankenstein out. I used some raw cardboard, 3 Glimmer Mists (Jack O Lantern, Haunted Shadows, and Lily Pad), a Glimmer Screen (the spider web), my stitch stamp (Stampers Anonymous), a bit of white and black ink, Amazing Glaze, and some fibers. Oh. There’s an eyelet too. Not a lot of stuff to make a pretty cool tag!

Frankenstein-Tag-2

Here’s a close up of Frankenstein. He’s colored with my colored pencils. Isn’t he totally creepy?

Frankenstein-Tag-3

Here I’m trying to show you the lovely Glimmer Mist. If you click on this (or any other) picture), you can see it bigger. You can really see the Amazing Glaze along the edge here.

Frankenstein-Tag-4

You can see a lot of Glimmer in this shot. I love how the colors always blend so nicely together. You can also see just how big the tag is.

I cannot believe that Halloween is less then one week away!!! I have to say, that aside from being amazed at the talent we’ve seen over the past month, I am really going to miss hoping to the fabulous Wicked Bloggers (posted on my sidebar) everyday. I love to leave them all comments…and let’s face it, I love to read some love too! ;} I’m just glad that we can all still view each other’s work not only on the blogs, but on Smeared & Smudged too! Have an inspiring day!

Comments

Jen Shults said…
This turned out awesome Alison! I love your coloring on this and the whole layout is awesome and that Frankenstein is TOO cool!
ldfdesign said…
this tag is awesome!!! wonderful coloring, the fibers, everything!!!!
~Lady B~ said…
you did a fantastic job with this! your coloring is amazing!
DonnaMundinger said…
WOW! FAbulous tag! That background is stunning and Frankie is da bomb! xxD
Daniella said…
Another awesome tag! Love the background, and you colored Frank awesome!
Stitchinwitch said…
Love the background and the way you coloured Frankie
Sugar said…
love frankie! he looks awesome!!
love the tag!!
Absolutely fabulous Alison! That stitch stamp is just perfect on the tag! You are the best colorer!!!
Unknown said…
I love it one of my favorite images he looks fantastic
Luv Janexxx
Frankenstein looks like he is alive on this fantastic tag.... I know it's just the head....but!!! Love the effect of the different colour mists. Great tag!!
Helen xx
Steph said…
Love that tag! Great job on coloring Frank, he looks amazing and I love all the little details on the tag, the mists, the web the stitches.... I gotta get that stamp. Fab job!
KC said…
this is a great tag! I love the glimmer mist and those stitches are so cool!
Unknown said…
I love the spider web and Frakie is wonderfully gruesome.LOL

Popular posts from this blog

Holiday Hop and Collaboration: Day 5

Hello!  All of this week, the  Stampendous  and  Dreamweaver  teams have been playing with a mix of their products, along with some wonderful, SAND-ABLE papers from  Core'dinations . We've sanded our way to the "core" of all things Christmas and the Holiday season. ***If you are looking for my Day 17 post for the 31 Days of Halloween, please scroll down to my next post.*** Of course, there are prizes, and we are giving away the best...this time with a mix of fun  Core'dinations products as well. To be one of three prize package winners, follow the posted link lists from each day, leave comments, and winners will be selected from these comments at the beginning of next week.  I've been sharing a few car featuring the Stampendous set, Forest Friends . It's such a sweet set. I was going through my Dreamweaver Stencils, and I came across the Open X-Mas Tree . Then it came to me. Remember the part in Rudolph the Red-Nosed Reindeer, when the song Silv...

Echo Park Blog Hop with Imagine

Greetings! This is my second post for the day. This one is not part of the 31 Days of Halloween, but rather a super-duper blog hop that the Artists in Residence for Imagine are doing with Echo Park . So if you're here for my Day 7 project, please check out the post HERE . But before you do that, scroll on to check out this one. There are prizes up for grabs, so be sure to check out the Imagine Blog as well as the Echo Park Blogs for details. I created my background by applying Dandelion and Tangelo Memento Ink to my brayer. Then I sprayed it with Ink Potion No. 9 to help the colors blend and to act as an extender to keep the inks wet longer. After I rolled the colors out on to watercolor paper and let it dry, I stamped the lovely doily-like image from Echo Park's Simply Sweet Stamp Set with Grape Jelly Memento. I also received the super pretty Heart Doily Designer Die  which I used with a true purple cardstock. But it needed something....and in rolls the super fabul...

Deco Art and Andy Skinner Blog Hop Finale

Hello! It's time for the finale of the DecoArt and Stampendous blog hop. Have you enjoyed yourself this week? I bet you've got some new techniques that you want to try. I know I do! I am super stoked about my project for today. And it solves a dilemma that we've had in my kids' room for a while. What you see above is 2 pieces of PVC. And some fab DecoArt Media Fluid Acrylics ! So, what am I doing with PVC, you ask? Well, my mom bought my son a light saber(Darth Vader's) for Christmas, and he wanted to display it, but we weren't really sure where in his room, and how. I wanted something cooler than hooks, and we thought it would be neat to have the light saber vertical, instead of horizontal. Plus, there was a fab spot for it if it hung in that direction. So, my husband came up with the PVC pip idea, and I altered the pieces. The end cap holds the base, and the small piece of pipe holds up near the end. And the 2 pieces are spaced out enough so that...