Skip to main content

Bombshell Sketch Challenge & Day 8 of 31 Days of Halloween!

Hello my little trick or treaters! Today I bring you a 6x6 card using this month’s Bombshell Stamps sketch! Here’s the sketch.

october

And her is what I created using my brand new Butterfly Queen stamp set!

October-Sketch

Isn’t she fabulous? Now you may be wondering what this has to do with Halloween…she’s dressed up as a butterfly, of course! This is glam Halloween, baby!

October-Sketch-2

The Queen is colored in with my colored pencils, and a bit o’ blue glitter. Her wings were inked with 3 colors and then embossed with clear powder. I added a bit of glitter to those as well, but this time, I used Stardust Stickles. I also embossed the edge of the purple oval with glitter powder.

October-Sketch-3

Did you notice that her wings look crooked here? I did that on purpose…because they move! I attached them with brads underneath her so that you can flap her wings! She is pop dotted, so the brads don’t interfere with her body.

October-Sketch-4

I used the “Bombshell” title from the Angel set…also embossed with a glitter powder. There’s a lot of shine goin’ on here! Check out the sheen on the K & Co. paper I used…it’s got foil on it!

October-Sketch-5

Isn’t it fab paper? It goes perfectly with the way I colored my Queen! You can click on any of my pics to see the images bigger.

Don’t you wish you had a glam Halloween party to go to like her? I do!  I would like to really encourage you to play along this month with the sketch challenge. Why? Because you have TWO chances to win big this time! Not only can you win through Bombshell itself, but also by posting your card in the RSC challenge HERE! How awesome is that??? So please, play along! I can’t wait to see what YOU make! Enjoy the rest of today’s Wicked Blog Posts! Have an inspiring day!

Comments

ldfdesign said…
too awesome!!! love her and how she dimensional! wonderful colors!!!
AWESOMENESS!!!!! I too was going to post my sketch card but alas she was not dry yet!!!! You card it freakin awesome!!!
Daniella said…
I LOVE this!! All that glitter and glam, awesome!! Her wings move? Are ya kidding me! WOW. I love her tat on her side. Bitchin'!
Sugar said…
thats the great thing about halloween..you can add wings to undies..and taadaa a costume! lol
DonnaMundinger said…
Well, if I had a bod like hers I'd wanna be a butterfly queen too! FABULOUS! xxD
Unknown said…
Flapping wings, too cool and the coloring is gorgeous with the paper.
Great Halloween costume. :)
SuzieQ said…
Not only does she totally coordinate with her papers but she has moving wings too? She's fantastic!
Unknown said…
She is fantastic she looks great for a Halloween party
Luv Jane xxx
Steph said…
Gorgeous glam and wings that move!?! What a work of art, love it!
Stitchinwitch said…
Very glam indeed, love it
Easy to see why your on the bombshell team with this ... absolutely stunning. Halloween is also about having fun nowadays... and this lady looks like she is going to do just that. Love the colours and yes that paper is just so right here
Helen x
KC said…
this is so cool...I love that her wings move!!! great job!
~Lady B~ said…
This is crazy-freakin' good! I am in awe!

Popular posts from this blog

Holiday Hop and Collaboration: Day 5

Hello!  All of this week, the  Stampendous  and  Dreamweaver  teams have been playing with a mix of their products, along with some wonderful, SAND-ABLE papers from  Core'dinations . We've sanded our way to the "core" of all things Christmas and the Holiday season. ***If you are looking for my Day 17 post for the 31 Days of Halloween, please scroll down to my next post.*** Of course, there are prizes, and we are giving away the best...this time with a mix of fun  Core'dinations products as well. To be one of three prize package winners, follow the posted link lists from each day, leave comments, and winners will be selected from these comments at the beginning of next week.  I've been sharing a few car featuring the Stampendous set, Forest Friends . It's such a sweet set. I was going through my Dreamweaver Stencils, and I came across the Open X-Mas Tree . Then it came to me. Remember the part in Rudolph the Red-Nosed Reindeer, when the song Silv...

Echo Park Blog Hop with Imagine

Greetings! This is my second post for the day. This one is not part of the 31 Days of Halloween, but rather a super-duper blog hop that the Artists in Residence for Imagine are doing with Echo Park . So if you're here for my Day 7 project, please check out the post HERE . But before you do that, scroll on to check out this one. There are prizes up for grabs, so be sure to check out the Imagine Blog as well as the Echo Park Blogs for details. I created my background by applying Dandelion and Tangelo Memento Ink to my brayer. Then I sprayed it with Ink Potion No. 9 to help the colors blend and to act as an extender to keep the inks wet longer. After I rolled the colors out on to watercolor paper and let it dry, I stamped the lovely doily-like image from Echo Park's Simply Sweet Stamp Set with Grape Jelly Memento. I also received the super pretty Heart Doily Designer Die  which I used with a true purple cardstock. But it needed something....and in rolls the super fabul...

Deco Art and Andy Skinner Blog Hop Finale

Hello! It's time for the finale of the DecoArt and Stampendous blog hop. Have you enjoyed yourself this week? I bet you've got some new techniques that you want to try. I know I do! I am super stoked about my project for today. And it solves a dilemma that we've had in my kids' room for a while. What you see above is 2 pieces of PVC. And some fab DecoArt Media Fluid Acrylics ! So, what am I doing with PVC, you ask? Well, my mom bought my son a light saber(Darth Vader's) for Christmas, and he wanted to display it, but we weren't really sure where in his room, and how. I wanted something cooler than hooks, and we thought it would be neat to have the light saber vertical, instead of horizontal. Plus, there was a fab spot for it if it hung in that direction. So, my husband came up with the PVC pip idea, and I altered the pieces. The end cap holds the base, and the small piece of pipe holds up near the end. And the 2 pieces are spaced out enough so that...