Skip to main content

Zombie Box- Day 5 of 31 Days of Halloween

I am stoked about this project!!! I have been itching to decorate a box lately. I had a completely different idea when I had started…but I remembered about this sick image from Strange Skin, and I knew this was the way to go!

Zombie-Box-1

I love this digi! And…I have to admit, I love how this box came out! But wait…ya gotta get a close up of this image!

Zombie-Box-2

Look at the middle finger on the right hand! You can click on the pic to make it bigger. It’s just bone! Isn’t that cool??? I colored the image in with my colored pencils, and then inked on top of it with Antique Linen and Walnut Stain Distress Ink. I Mod Podged it to the box after the box itself was completed.

Zombie-Box-3

As far as how I made the box…I used Making Memories Paints, which are acrylic…intended for paper, but the work fabulously on wood too! I used Celery and aged it with Evergreen. Then, I went over the corners a bit with Vintage Photo Distress Ink. Then comes the blood splatter!!!  From the devil herself, Martha Stewart (just kidding!). This is actually a stencil for coloring cupcakes! I saw the set this one came with in the store, and my first thought was Glimmer Mist!!! But obviously, I didn’t want pretty,  shimmery blood. So my sister Pam, had a great idea! To use ink and emboss it. So I did just that! And it came out perfectly.

Ahhhh…it feels great to make something other then a card. Not that I don’t adore making them…but as an artist, I love to dabble in all sorts of projects. And decorating boxes is something I love to do!!!

Now please visit the rest of the Wicked Blogs (posted on my sidebar). There is so much to see, and it all rawks! Have an inspiring day!

Comments

Andrea C said…
excellent work love the colour very zombie like x
ldfdesign said…
ohhh i've thinking of those zombies from strange skin for a couple of days now! love what you did with it! great project!
Alison, this is AWESOME and I too adore that image. NEED it for my books!!! Yep, MS is the devil herself, but there have been some fab Halloween creations and I have to admit, I have sold my soul to the devil :). The blood, AWESOME! So glad you shared the 'how-to' I was reading and hoping you would!!!
DonnaMundinger said…
OOOOhhh, this is wicked! love the image and the fab blood! Whatcha gonna put in there? xxD
Sugar said…
wicked box! Love the image!! great blood..haha from the devil herself! love it!
Unknown said…
Embossed blood splatter, too cool and the image is perfect, aged and everything.
Unknown said…
Perfect I love that image can't wait to play with it myself
Luv Jane xxx
Daniella said…
That box is sick awesome for sure!!! LOVE the Strange Skin image, and the blood!! Wicked!
SuzieQ said…
Totally love that stamp! The splattered blood came out great - love that it's not flat!
That's totally awesome Ladybird! I freakin love it!!!!!
Stitchinwitch said…
Sick, twisted and perfect, love it
Jorge said…
The zombie box...the Zombox.
great image to use on on fantastic box. Love the "blood" - really effective and the colouring is perfect.
Helen xx
Unknown said…
your box is fabulous! love it! the blood is great.
Cheryl Valadez said…
Alison, this is freaking awesome! That image is wicked cool and that blood spatter pattern is over-the-top! I can't tell you how much I love this!
Steph said…
Amazing, as usual :) Loving the blood splatters.
KC said…
I love the blood splatters they look great up against the green!! love LOVE this box!!! I must make one!
~Lady B~ said…
This is fabulous! Being the Zombie queen, you know I LOVE this image and you have displayed it wonderfully! It's funny that you used the MS stencils for cupcakes. I was going to get them and use them in a similar way! Great, twisted minds think alike!
Fabulous box Alison, love the cupcaked blood spatters! Thanks so much for joining in with our Dastardly Digi challenge over at HDH, and good luck!

Popular posts from this blog

Holiday Hop and Collaboration: Day 5

Hello!  All of this week, the  Stampendous  and  Dreamweaver  teams have been playing with a mix of their products, along with some wonderful, SAND-ABLE papers from  Core'dinations . We've sanded our way to the "core" of all things Christmas and the Holiday season. ***If you are looking for my Day 17 post for the 31 Days of Halloween, please scroll down to my next post.*** Of course, there are prizes, and we are giving away the best...this time with a mix of fun  Core'dinations products as well. To be one of three prize package winners, follow the posted link lists from each day, leave comments, and winners will be selected from these comments at the beginning of next week.  I've been sharing a few car featuring the Stampendous set, Forest Friends . It's such a sweet set. I was going through my Dreamweaver Stencils, and I came across the Open X-Mas Tree . Then it came to me. Remember the part in Rudolph the Red-Nosed Reindeer, when the song Silv...

Echo Park Blog Hop with Imagine

Greetings! This is my second post for the day. This one is not part of the 31 Days of Halloween, but rather a super-duper blog hop that the Artists in Residence for Imagine are doing with Echo Park . So if you're here for my Day 7 project, please check out the post HERE . But before you do that, scroll on to check out this one. There are prizes up for grabs, so be sure to check out the Imagine Blog as well as the Echo Park Blogs for details. I created my background by applying Dandelion and Tangelo Memento Ink to my brayer. Then I sprayed it with Ink Potion No. 9 to help the colors blend and to act as an extender to keep the inks wet longer. After I rolled the colors out on to watercolor paper and let it dry, I stamped the lovely doily-like image from Echo Park's Simply Sweet Stamp Set with Grape Jelly Memento. I also received the super pretty Heart Doily Designer Die  which I used with a true purple cardstock. But it needed something....and in rolls the super fabul...

Deco Art and Andy Skinner Blog Hop Finale

Hello! It's time for the finale of the DecoArt and Stampendous blog hop. Have you enjoyed yourself this week? I bet you've got some new techniques that you want to try. I know I do! I am super stoked about my project for today. And it solves a dilemma that we've had in my kids' room for a while. What you see above is 2 pieces of PVC. And some fab DecoArt Media Fluid Acrylics ! So, what am I doing with PVC, you ask? Well, my mom bought my son a light saber(Darth Vader's) for Christmas, and he wanted to display it, but we weren't really sure where in his room, and how. I wanted something cooler than hooks, and we thought it would be neat to have the light saber vertical, instead of horizontal. Plus, there was a fab spot for it if it hung in that direction. So, my husband came up with the PVC pip idea, and I altered the pieces. The end cap holds the base, and the small piece of pipe holds up near the end. And the 2 pieces are spaced out enough so that...