Skip to main content

FHF Eclipse Pop Culture Challenge & Artful INKables Challenge #4

Can you believe it??? It’s almost time! Time for the release of Eclipse!!! I can hardly wait!!! As I have mentioned before, I am seeing a triple feature starting at 6:30 on Tuesday night! It’s gonna be great!!!

Today Erica issued us the latest Pop Culture Challenge for Friends Having Fun. And it’s all about Eclipse!!! Make something Twi-Inspired! Easy-peasy! Plus, I of course had to partake in the 4th and final challenge for Artful INKables too! Their challenge was to create anything but a card. Cool! So…I made a bookmark. I am really into making these lately! And check this out…I didn’t use ANY paper!!!

It’s tough to see all the detail in this pic…feel free to click on it to see it bigger! I used 2 Artful INKables stamps for this bookmark. And a whole lotta ink! Here’s a close up.

AI4-2

I used just a heavy weight chipboard for the bookmark, and smudged some Fired Brick Distress Ink on top to make it sorta look like wood. Then I stamped the swirls in Color Box’s Chestnut Roan. Last, I stamped the Fanpire in Black Soot Distress Ink. I felt it needed some flash, so I lightly inked the edge of my bookmark with embossing ink, and sprinkled on some Platinum Embossing Powder. A little flash…not too much!

AI4-3

Then, to top it all off I added this fabulous yarn. That’s from one skein! It has a bit of sparkle in it too.

See? Easy-peasy! Now, since this is the big release week, Artful INKables is also having a huge Twilight Inspired blog hop on Wednesday! Of course, yours truly will be playing along. So be sure to stop by for that! In addition, I have some other wonderful things that are happening this week as far as my little crafty projects go…So please be sure to stop by and say hello! Ooh! And make sure you play along with Friends Having Fun!!! Have an inspiring day!!!

Other challenges my bookmark fits in to:

Drunkin' Stampers- Twilight

Crafty Ann's Challenge- Embossing

Comments

Ann Whitfield said…
Fabulous bookmark Alison - thank you for sharing it with us at Crafty Ann's.
Ann x
Laura B said…
Great bookmark! I love that you didn't use any papers for it!:)

hugs,
Laura
Anonymous said…
This is awesome, love all the textures you've created with this.
Suzi
xxx
Erica said…
Gorgeous! i love the colors. I was trying to stay away from black, red and white, but I went right back into it! I love what you did with the edges and those fibers are great!
ellepaulette said…
Fantastic bookmark!! That yarn is soooo perfect!!
Anonymous said…
Beautiful, love the colours and the sparkle in the yarn! Thanks for playing along with us this week at the Drunken Stampers!
CuddlyBunny said…
Your creation has a wonderful organic feeling! Love it!
Linda Ledbetter said…
Very earthy and gorgeous! Thanks so much for joining us at Drunken Stampers!
Alyssa S said…
This is great! I'm going to have to copy you and use chipboard for the bookmarks I make. I always have to be so very careful with mine so I don't bend the corners, etc. I've been trying to find some yummy yarn like you use for the tassely thing too and can't seem to find something that I like - suggestions??
Unknown said…
This is beautiful! I like the idea of using chipboard too for bookmarks. Have fun seeing the movie, I'm not brave enough to go see it the first week. lol I will wait until next weekend, if I can hold out that long.
Cheryl Valadez said…
Fanpire...!! I LOVE it!! I had to look twice before I figured it out, but I got it ;D I'm a bit slow sometimes! Love your bookmark!

Popular posts from this blog

Holiday Hop and Collaboration: Day 5

Hello!  All of this week, the  Stampendous  and  Dreamweaver  teams have been playing with a mix of their products, along with some wonderful, SAND-ABLE papers from  Core'dinations . We've sanded our way to the "core" of all things Christmas and the Holiday season. ***If you are looking for my Day 17 post for the 31 Days of Halloween, please scroll down to my next post.*** Of course, there are prizes, and we are giving away the best...this time with a mix of fun  Core'dinations products as well. To be one of three prize package winners, follow the posted link lists from each day, leave comments, and winners will be selected from these comments at the beginning of next week.  I've been sharing a few car featuring the Stampendous set, Forest Friends . It's such a sweet set. I was going through my Dreamweaver Stencils, and I came across the Open X-Mas Tree . Then it came to me. Remember the part in Rudolph the Red-Nosed Reindeer, when the song Silv...

Echo Park Blog Hop with Imagine

Greetings! This is my second post for the day. This one is not part of the 31 Days of Halloween, but rather a super-duper blog hop that the Artists in Residence for Imagine are doing with Echo Park . So if you're here for my Day 7 project, please check out the post HERE . But before you do that, scroll on to check out this one. There are prizes up for grabs, so be sure to check out the Imagine Blog as well as the Echo Park Blogs for details. I created my background by applying Dandelion and Tangelo Memento Ink to my brayer. Then I sprayed it with Ink Potion No. 9 to help the colors blend and to act as an extender to keep the inks wet longer. After I rolled the colors out on to watercolor paper and let it dry, I stamped the lovely doily-like image from Echo Park's Simply Sweet Stamp Set with Grape Jelly Memento. I also received the super pretty Heart Doily Designer Die  which I used with a true purple cardstock. But it needed something....and in rolls the super fabul...

Deco Art and Andy Skinner Blog Hop Finale

Hello! It's time for the finale of the DecoArt and Stampendous blog hop. Have you enjoyed yourself this week? I bet you've got some new techniques that you want to try. I know I do! I am super stoked about my project for today. And it solves a dilemma that we've had in my kids' room for a while. What you see above is 2 pieces of PVC. And some fab DecoArt Media Fluid Acrylics ! So, what am I doing with PVC, you ask? Well, my mom bought my son a light saber(Darth Vader's) for Christmas, and he wanted to display it, but we weren't really sure where in his room, and how. I wanted something cooler than hooks, and we thought it would be neat to have the light saber vertical, instead of horizontal. Plus, there was a fab spot for it if it hung in that direction. So, my husband came up with the PVC pip idea, and I altered the pieces. The end cap holds the base, and the small piece of pipe holds up near the end. And the 2 pieces are spaced out enough so that...