Skip to main content

FHF Color Challenge #3

Hello! It’s time for the next Color with Friends Having Fun! I love picking out different color combinations for you to play with. Want to see this month’s fabulous colors?

Image

Love them!!! Here’s what I wrote on the FHF Blog:

Happy June!!! It's time for another Color Challenge with the Kaleidoscope Krew! This month, I chose some pretty wild colors... but don't be intimidated!!! Your mission is to work with Hot Pink, Lime Green, and Plum Crazy. Hot right??? Here's what I think of when I see these colors... the 80's, little girl's clothes, muscle cars, eyeshadow, hair color (wait...is that just me???). So many incredible options! What can YOU come up with???

Before I get to what the Krew has come up with for this month, I would like to make an announcement. Sadly, my dear friend Julie needed to say goodbye to the Krew and move on to some bigger adventures. I wish her all the best, and hope that she can pop in once and a while when time allows. We all love you, Julie!!!!!!! But on the bright side, another dear friend of mine, Danielle Hayes (from the Smeared and Smudged DT) has stepped in to take Julie's place. Please give Danielle a warm welcome to the Kaleidoscope Krew! She is going to be a wonderful addition to the team for sure! That woman is super inspiring! Prepare to be wowed!

Ready to see my creation?

Vivid1

Here’s my boy, lookin’ spiffy in his brights! How many little boys could rock a hot pink shirt and a neon green hat (authentic from the 80’s! It was my sister Pam’s!) like Phoenix can? The hat is much brighter then it is in this photo. Granted, I am not fond of the hat…but that shirt??? Fab-u-lous!

Vivid3

I drew in the silver circles and blue swirls using a stencil. I am totally into stenciling things right now! Then I embellished the page a bit with 3 colors of Stickles. I do love the tab that I left on the KI paper. The name of the paper is called “Wild Thing Stripe.” Perfect! And I love the bar code and the little dots of color to show what other colors are used in this collection of paper. I just thought it was a funky, unexpected touch. And I just needed to use my Martha Stewart punch on the edge of my journaling block. Please click on any of the pics to see them bigger.

I am not entirely sure I’m done with this layout… I think it needs something…I’m not sure what though. Dimensional, I think. Vivid2

I added some buttons, just for kicks. I like them here. I’m not always a button person, but I think they work really well with this page. All in all, I like the page. Nix loves it, of course!

So please go and visit the rest of the Kaleidoscope Krew over at the FHF blog. You will certainly be inspired by what they have created! Make sure you give Danielle a warm welcome! Have a fantastic day!!!

Comments

Leigh Ann Baird said…
Fabulous page! I love all the little details and the vintage clothes are awesome!
Daniella said…
That boy is ROCKIN that look!! He is fabulous!! Your lay-out is awesome!! Buttons are my new thing lately. I was tryin so hard to figure out how to put buttons on my card!! I just thought everyone's head would explode if I added even one more thing!!!
I think your lay-out is perfect just how it is!! The picture of Nix says it all!!
Laura B said…
This was such a fun color combo to work with! Your layout is great, Nix is so cute!:)

hugs,
Laura
WAIT- scrapbooking? pictures? What is this mysterious thing?

LOOOOOOOOOOOVE it Alison! This is a wonderful page and the buttons are just the perfect touch!
Alyssa S said…
Ha! Love the 80's hat - that cracks me up! Brings back memories I'll tell ya! Nix is so stinkin' cute, but he has a gorgeous mommy so that doesn't surprise me! :o) Loving all the details on this rockin' page!

Popular posts from this blog

Holiday Hop and Collaboration: Day 5

Hello!  All of this week, the  Stampendous  and  Dreamweaver  teams have been playing with a mix of their products, along with some wonderful, SAND-ABLE papers from  Core'dinations . We've sanded our way to the "core" of all things Christmas and the Holiday season. ***If you are looking for my Day 17 post for the 31 Days of Halloween, please scroll down to my next post.*** Of course, there are prizes, and we are giving away the best...this time with a mix of fun  Core'dinations products as well. To be one of three prize package winners, follow the posted link lists from each day, leave comments, and winners will be selected from these comments at the beginning of next week.  I've been sharing a few car featuring the Stampendous set, Forest Friends . It's such a sweet set. I was going through my Dreamweaver Stencils, and I came across the Open X-Mas Tree . Then it came to me. Remember the part in Rudolph the Red-Nosed Reindeer, when the song Silv...

Echo Park Blog Hop with Imagine

Greetings! This is my second post for the day. This one is not part of the 31 Days of Halloween, but rather a super-duper blog hop that the Artists in Residence for Imagine are doing with Echo Park . So if you're here for my Day 7 project, please check out the post HERE . But before you do that, scroll on to check out this one. There are prizes up for grabs, so be sure to check out the Imagine Blog as well as the Echo Park Blogs for details. I created my background by applying Dandelion and Tangelo Memento Ink to my brayer. Then I sprayed it with Ink Potion No. 9 to help the colors blend and to act as an extender to keep the inks wet longer. After I rolled the colors out on to watercolor paper and let it dry, I stamped the lovely doily-like image from Echo Park's Simply Sweet Stamp Set with Grape Jelly Memento. I also received the super pretty Heart Doily Designer Die  which I used with a true purple cardstock. But it needed something....and in rolls the super fabul...

Deco Art and Andy Skinner Blog Hop Finale

Hello! It's time for the finale of the DecoArt and Stampendous blog hop. Have you enjoyed yourself this week? I bet you've got some new techniques that you want to try. I know I do! I am super stoked about my project for today. And it solves a dilemma that we've had in my kids' room for a while. What you see above is 2 pieces of PVC. And some fab DecoArt Media Fluid Acrylics ! So, what am I doing with PVC, you ask? Well, my mom bought my son a light saber(Darth Vader's) for Christmas, and he wanted to display it, but we weren't really sure where in his room, and how. I wanted something cooler than hooks, and we thought it would be neat to have the light saber vertical, instead of horizontal. Plus, there was a fab spot for it if it hung in that direction. So, my husband came up with the PVC pip idea, and I altered the pieces. The end cap holds the base, and the small piece of pipe holds up near the end. And the 2 pieces are spaced out enough so that...