Skip to main content

October Get Kids Crafty Blog Hop

Hello and thank you for visiting us for the Get Kids Crafty! October blog hop! This month our theme is Thanksgiving! The leaves are turning, there’s a chill in the air, and pumpkin spice is popping up everywhere! It’s the time of year when we think in warm colors and remember what we are most thankful for! The team and their kids have worked hard to create projects to share with you! Click through all the links to get some Thanksgiving project inspiration and then get crafty yourself! We would LOVE to see your creations! You can post them in our Facebook group (https://www.facebook.com/groups/getkidscrafty/), tag us on Instagram (@getkidscrafty), or use our hashtag #getkidscrafty to share your projects! Here's what my daughter and I came up with.

She decided to start making place cards for Thanksgiving dinner. She has a ton of ideas, and may wind up making them all different! We decided to start with 2, and then go on from there.

For both place cards, she used patterned paper from DCWV, plain 110 lb. cardstock from Recollections in cream, Fitted Frames from Stampendous, Memento Markers (her absolute favorites!) and Orange You Glad Sparkle Blends from Doodles Paper Playground.

She really didn't need help putting this project together at all. I gave her some suggestions, but she made all of the final decisions, did all of the die cutting and gluing, plus all of the writing. She is really proud of them and looking forward to making the rest.

Here she is hard at work in my craft room, applying her Sparkle Blends.

I love how they coordinate but aren't matchy-matchy. I love the little Fimo pieces she added to each of them. I love that she is proud of her work. This is what Get Kids Crafty is all about. Showing them how to make things, allowing the kids to be creative, and having their pride shine though their projects. I cannot wait to see the rest of her place cards!

Below is the full hop list. Please be sure to stop by each blog and leave the kids some love. Thanks so much for visiting me. Have an inspiring day!




Alison (you are here!)

Comments

Niccole said…
Alison these are beautiful. Make sure to tell your daughter I think she did an amazing job! They are so festive & colorful!
These are fantastic! And her handlettering is amazing!

Popular posts from this blog

Holiday Hop and Collaboration: Day 5

Hello!  All of this week, the  Stampendous  and  Dreamweaver  teams have been playing with a mix of their products, along with some wonderful, SAND-ABLE papers from  Core'dinations . We've sanded our way to the "core" of all things Christmas and the Holiday season. ***If you are looking for my Day 17 post for the 31 Days of Halloween, please scroll down to my next post.*** Of course, there are prizes, and we are giving away the best...this time with a mix of fun  Core'dinations products as well. To be one of three prize package winners, follow the posted link lists from each day, leave comments, and winners will be selected from these comments at the beginning of next week.  I've been sharing a few car featuring the Stampendous set, Forest Friends . It's such a sweet set. I was going through my Dreamweaver Stencils, and I came across the Open X-Mas Tree . Then it came to me. Remember the part in Rudolph the Red-Nosed Reindeer, when the song Silv...

Echo Park Blog Hop with Imagine

Greetings! This is my second post for the day. This one is not part of the 31 Days of Halloween, but rather a super-duper blog hop that the Artists in Residence for Imagine are doing with Echo Park . So if you're here for my Day 7 project, please check out the post HERE . But before you do that, scroll on to check out this one. There are prizes up for grabs, so be sure to check out the Imagine Blog as well as the Echo Park Blogs for details. I created my background by applying Dandelion and Tangelo Memento Ink to my brayer. Then I sprayed it with Ink Potion No. 9 to help the colors blend and to act as an extender to keep the inks wet longer. After I rolled the colors out on to watercolor paper and let it dry, I stamped the lovely doily-like image from Echo Park's Simply Sweet Stamp Set with Grape Jelly Memento. I also received the super pretty Heart Doily Designer Die  which I used with a true purple cardstock. But it needed something....and in rolls the super fabul...

Deco Art and Andy Skinner Blog Hop Finale

Hello! It's time for the finale of the DecoArt and Stampendous blog hop. Have you enjoyed yourself this week? I bet you've got some new techniques that you want to try. I know I do! I am super stoked about my project for today. And it solves a dilemma that we've had in my kids' room for a while. What you see above is 2 pieces of PVC. And some fab DecoArt Media Fluid Acrylics ! So, what am I doing with PVC, you ask? Well, my mom bought my son a light saber(Darth Vader's) for Christmas, and he wanted to display it, but we weren't really sure where in his room, and how. I wanted something cooler than hooks, and we thought it would be neat to have the light saber vertical, instead of horizontal. Plus, there was a fab spot for it if it hung in that direction. So, my husband came up with the PVC pip idea, and I altered the pieces. The end cap holds the base, and the small piece of pipe holds up near the end. And the 2 pieces are spaced out enough so that...