Skip to main content

Day 9 of 31: Black Lace with A Day for Daisies

Hello! I have a new challenge with A Day for Daises today to go along with Day 9 of the Smeared Ink 31 Days of Halloween. The challenge for the next two weeks is "Black Lace." Easy as pie! I used the new Little Witch Play for my card.

I used the same technique for coloring her as I did with my ADfD post last week. I used my Tombow acrylic markers, and colored them on to an acrylic block (one color set at a time...so, like just the greens for her dress, then just the grays for the cat and boots, etc.) and I painted the ink on with a brush and some water. I used my Stampendous Mixed Media paper for this, which goes through my printer so nicely, by the way.

After she was all colored, I added some chalk to my background. For my black lace, I actually took some white lace trim, and sprayed it with Diet Cola Memories Mist. It took a while to dry, so I worked on my card base while it was drying. I played with Spoonful of Rust, and I think the colors worked really well with the tones I used to color the image.

My sentiment is an oldie but goodie from Cosmo Cricket. That about does it for me today. Please be sure to visit the rest of the A Day for Daisies team as well as all of the Wicked Bloggers, lited in my side bar. Thanks for stopping by. Have a creeptastic day!

Comments

Susan Renshaw said…
Gorgeous image - love how you've coloured her! Great background too and "Best Witches" always makes me smile!
Laura S Reading said…
Fun, sweet card. Beautiful shadings.

I am a bit slow. What is the technique on the top corner, to look like autumn leaves?
DonnaMundinger said…
Fabulous coloring. Such an adorable stamp. Really love the cool embossing in the corner, too. It looks kinda like falling leaves. Gorgeous! xxD
Squiddy said…
Corner pattern sure brings the card up nicely
Sari / Granne said…
Image is so pretty, love the coloring and the texture on the corner is fab
Wicked cool card, love the image and that splat of colour in the corner is so fun!
Mary Holshouser said…
the coloring is great.
Glad the little witch is having a good time.
Unknown said…
Lovely card! Just love those images from A Day for Daisies, and you have colored her beautifully!
Unknown said…
Lovely card! Just love those images from A Day for Daisies, and you have colored her beautifully!
Unknown said…
So fun. Love black lace anything! Have fun hopping
My Side of Oz said…
Love the lace and the image and your coloring technique is wonderful xx
silvia said…
Cute card!! LOVE the witch!!
valscraftings said…
Love the image and embossing on the corner of card!
Beautiful. I love the beautiful image and you colored her up awesomely gorgeous embellishments.
Lyneen said…
LOVE best witches... what a darling card... great coloring! Thanks for sharing!!!

Popular posts from this blog

Holiday Hop and Collaboration: Day 5

Hello!  All of this week, the  Stampendous  and  Dreamweaver  teams have been playing with a mix of their products, along with some wonderful, SAND-ABLE papers from  Core'dinations . We've sanded our way to the "core" of all things Christmas and the Holiday season. ***If you are looking for my Day 17 post for the 31 Days of Halloween, please scroll down to my next post.*** Of course, there are prizes, and we are giving away the best...this time with a mix of fun  Core'dinations products as well. To be one of three prize package winners, follow the posted link lists from each day, leave comments, and winners will be selected from these comments at the beginning of next week.  I've been sharing a few car featuring the Stampendous set, Forest Friends . It's such a sweet set. I was going through my Dreamweaver Stencils, and I came across the Open X-Mas Tree . Then it came to me. Remember the part in Rudolph the Red-Nosed Reindeer, when the song Silv...

Echo Park Blog Hop with Imagine

Greetings! This is my second post for the day. This one is not part of the 31 Days of Halloween, but rather a super-duper blog hop that the Artists in Residence for Imagine are doing with Echo Park . So if you're here for my Day 7 project, please check out the post HERE . But before you do that, scroll on to check out this one. There are prizes up for grabs, so be sure to check out the Imagine Blog as well as the Echo Park Blogs for details. I created my background by applying Dandelion and Tangelo Memento Ink to my brayer. Then I sprayed it with Ink Potion No. 9 to help the colors blend and to act as an extender to keep the inks wet longer. After I rolled the colors out on to watercolor paper and let it dry, I stamped the lovely doily-like image from Echo Park's Simply Sweet Stamp Set with Grape Jelly Memento. I also received the super pretty Heart Doily Designer Die  which I used with a true purple cardstock. But it needed something....and in rolls the super fabul...

Deco Art and Andy Skinner Blog Hop Finale

Hello! It's time for the finale of the DecoArt and Stampendous blog hop. Have you enjoyed yourself this week? I bet you've got some new techniques that you want to try. I know I do! I am super stoked about my project for today. And it solves a dilemma that we've had in my kids' room for a while. What you see above is 2 pieces of PVC. And some fab DecoArt Media Fluid Acrylics ! So, what am I doing with PVC, you ask? Well, my mom bought my son a light saber(Darth Vader's) for Christmas, and he wanted to display it, but we weren't really sure where in his room, and how. I wanted something cooler than hooks, and we thought it would be neat to have the light saber vertical, instead of horizontal. Plus, there was a fab spot for it if it hung in that direction. So, my husband came up with the PVC pip idea, and I altered the pieces. The end cap holds the base, and the small piece of pipe holds up near the end. And the 2 pieces are spaced out enough so that...