Skip to main content

Day 5 of 31: Pumpkin Pals

Hello Again! Welcome to Day 5 of the Smeared Ink 31 Days of Halloween! Today, I am sharing another card (don't worry...I'll have some other types of projects very soon!). It's called Pumpkin Pals, and it's from Stampendous.

I colored these friends using my Tombow watercolor markers. My green layer was done with the overspray of Diet Cola Memory Mists on my Zebra Texture stencil from Dreamweaver.

I also added a sheer ribbon from May Arts, so that you could still see the zebra stripes under it. For my card base, I sprayed Orange Juice Memories Mist and a little of a purple Dylusions spray.

For a sorta cutsie stamp, I tried to creep it up a bit. I hope you like what I've done! Please don't forget to visit the rest of the Wicked Bloggers, all listed in my side bar. Thanks for stopping by. Have a terror-ific day!

Comments

Tina Chianna said…
think this is my fave so far, love the distress feel to it and awwww the gorgeous ickle kitten x
http://tinas-cards.blogspot.co.uk/
silvia said…
Great card!! LOVE your pumpkins!!!
Sari / Granne said…
Love your background and that cat is sooo cute.
My Side of Oz said…
Great image love the little scared kitty! xx
Unknown said…
What a cool card! That pumpkin image is great, and I love your background!
valscraftings said…
Love the images, great card!
Mary Holshouser said…
Everybody has to have somebody.
Who says pumpkins shouldn't have a friend.
Cute design.
thanks for sharing.
Adorable card, just love the kitty peeky around the pumpkin!
Susan Renshaw said…
Love those pumpkins with the peeping kitty...the background is great!
A dorable! I love your piece. just toooo cute. Happy Day 5
DonnaMundinger said…
This is darling! Especially love the ghostly pumpkin and your stenciled background ROCKS! xxD
Unknown said…
Seriously a sugar skull pumpkin. Swoon. Love this
Viki Banaszak said…
I think it's a great card! But that poor kitty looks a bit worried. LOL
Lyneen said…
Great card, love the stamp, coloring and the layers... the kitten is too cute!!! TFS!

Popular posts from this blog

Holiday Hop and Collaboration: Day 5

Hello!  All of this week, the  Stampendous  and  Dreamweaver  teams have been playing with a mix of their products, along with some wonderful, SAND-ABLE papers from  Core'dinations . We've sanded our way to the "core" of all things Christmas and the Holiday season. ***If you are looking for my Day 17 post for the 31 Days of Halloween, please scroll down to my next post.*** Of course, there are prizes, and we are giving away the best...this time with a mix of fun  Core'dinations products as well. To be one of three prize package winners, follow the posted link lists from each day, leave comments, and winners will be selected from these comments at the beginning of next week.  I've been sharing a few car featuring the Stampendous set, Forest Friends . It's such a sweet set. I was going through my Dreamweaver Stencils, and I came across the Open X-Mas Tree . Then it came to me. Remember the part in Rudolph the Red-Nosed Reindeer, when the song Silv...

Echo Park Blog Hop with Imagine

Greetings! This is my second post for the day. This one is not part of the 31 Days of Halloween, but rather a super-duper blog hop that the Artists in Residence for Imagine are doing with Echo Park . So if you're here for my Day 7 project, please check out the post HERE . But before you do that, scroll on to check out this one. There are prizes up for grabs, so be sure to check out the Imagine Blog as well as the Echo Park Blogs for details. I created my background by applying Dandelion and Tangelo Memento Ink to my brayer. Then I sprayed it with Ink Potion No. 9 to help the colors blend and to act as an extender to keep the inks wet longer. After I rolled the colors out on to watercolor paper and let it dry, I stamped the lovely doily-like image from Echo Park's Simply Sweet Stamp Set with Grape Jelly Memento. I also received the super pretty Heart Doily Designer Die  which I used with a true purple cardstock. But it needed something....and in rolls the super fabul...

Deco Art and Andy Skinner Blog Hop Finale

Hello! It's time for the finale of the DecoArt and Stampendous blog hop. Have you enjoyed yourself this week? I bet you've got some new techniques that you want to try. I know I do! I am super stoked about my project for today. And it solves a dilemma that we've had in my kids' room for a while. What you see above is 2 pieces of PVC. And some fab DecoArt Media Fluid Acrylics ! So, what am I doing with PVC, you ask? Well, my mom bought my son a light saber(Darth Vader's) for Christmas, and he wanted to display it, but we weren't really sure where in his room, and how. I wanted something cooler than hooks, and we thought it would be neat to have the light saber vertical, instead of horizontal. Plus, there was a fab spot for it if it hung in that direction. So, my husband came up with the PVC pip idea, and I altered the pieces. The end cap holds the base, and the small piece of pipe holds up near the end. And the 2 pieces are spaced out enough so that...