Skip to main content

Day 10 of 31: Boo with LOC

Hello! So, I have a new card today for Left of Center. I know, I know.....I should have had this up yesterday. But, time got away and I have been working horribly out of order for the month (sometimes inspiration hits and ya just gotta go with it, right?) so I finished this baby up yesterday. I'm sorry to my fellow LOC teamies. So, for Day 10 of the Smeared & Smudged 31 Days of Halloween, I bring you this card that features DIY Punk from The East Wind. Our challenge is a sketch created by my bestie Kelli Green.

She was super fun to color, and I'd really like to do her in several versions with different color schemes. I colored her direct to paper with my Tombow markers.

I used some fun Halloween papers, and sprayed my green cardstock with a purple from Memories Mist.

Short post today! I ave a lot of catching up to do. Please be sure to visit the Left of Center Blog, as well as the Wicked Bloggers, all listed in my side bar. Thanks for stopping by, have a fangtastic day!

Comments

Carol said…
Great bright card - image s cool x
DonnaMundinger said…
WOW! Love, love, LOVE how you colored her hair! Fab job with the cool sketch, too. xxD
My Side of Oz said…
love that hair...awesome coloring again xx
Unknown said…
Lovely card! What a great image, and your coloring is perfect.
Sari / Granne said…
Fabulous hair coloring and love your take on the sketch
Oooo I just love her, her hair is stunning and those green eyes!!! Drop dead gorgeous project!
valscraftings said…
Love the card great colour layout!
Mary Holshouser said…
She does not look somebody you would want to mess with.
The coloring is wonderful.
Love this.
thanks for sharing.
Lyneen said…
Those are some Wicked Eyes!!!!! love the coloring of your image. Great card!!! Thanks for sharing!!
Look at her she is awesome. Love the hair..remember when you first taught me about hair? I am still learning. Beautiful piece. Happy Day 10.
Laura said…
Great colors. She would look fab in different combinations. I'd warn humans to nuzzle her ears with extreme care.
Nicely balanced sketch.
Unknown said…
She is soooo me. Love the colors.
Susan Renshaw said…
That hair colouring is fabulous! Love the selection of colours you have used for the background! Good job!

Popular posts from this blog

Holiday Hop and Collaboration: Day 5

Hello!  All of this week, the  Stampendous  and  Dreamweaver  teams have been playing with a mix of their products, along with some wonderful, SAND-ABLE papers from  Core'dinations . We've sanded our way to the "core" of all things Christmas and the Holiday season. ***If you are looking for my Day 17 post for the 31 Days of Halloween, please scroll down to my next post.*** Of course, there are prizes, and we are giving away the best...this time with a mix of fun  Core'dinations products as well. To be one of three prize package winners, follow the posted link lists from each day, leave comments, and winners will be selected from these comments at the beginning of next week.  I've been sharing a few car featuring the Stampendous set, Forest Friends . It's such a sweet set. I was going through my Dreamweaver Stencils, and I came across the Open X-Mas Tree . Then it came to me. Remember the part in Rudolph the Red-Nosed Reindeer, when the song Silv...

Echo Park Blog Hop with Imagine

Greetings! This is my second post for the day. This one is not part of the 31 Days of Halloween, but rather a super-duper blog hop that the Artists in Residence for Imagine are doing with Echo Park . So if you're here for my Day 7 project, please check out the post HERE . But before you do that, scroll on to check out this one. There are prizes up for grabs, so be sure to check out the Imagine Blog as well as the Echo Park Blogs for details. I created my background by applying Dandelion and Tangelo Memento Ink to my brayer. Then I sprayed it with Ink Potion No. 9 to help the colors blend and to act as an extender to keep the inks wet longer. After I rolled the colors out on to watercolor paper and let it dry, I stamped the lovely doily-like image from Echo Park's Simply Sweet Stamp Set with Grape Jelly Memento. I also received the super pretty Heart Doily Designer Die  which I used with a true purple cardstock. But it needed something....and in rolls the super fabul...

Deco Art and Andy Skinner Blog Hop Finale

Hello! It's time for the finale of the DecoArt and Stampendous blog hop. Have you enjoyed yourself this week? I bet you've got some new techniques that you want to try. I know I do! I am super stoked about my project for today. And it solves a dilemma that we've had in my kids' room for a while. What you see above is 2 pieces of PVC. And some fab DecoArt Media Fluid Acrylics ! So, what am I doing with PVC, you ask? Well, my mom bought my son a light saber(Darth Vader's) for Christmas, and he wanted to display it, but we weren't really sure where in his room, and how. I wanted something cooler than hooks, and we thought it would be neat to have the light saber vertical, instead of horizontal. Plus, there was a fab spot for it if it hung in that direction. So, my husband came up with the PVC pip idea, and I altered the pieces. The end cap holds the base, and the small piece of pipe holds up near the end. And the 2 pieces are spaced out enough so that...