Skip to main content

Day 14 of 31 with WW and Alicia Bell

Greetings and welcome to Day 14 of the Smeared & Smudged 31 Days of Halloween. It's Wednesday, so I have a new Wicked Wednesday ATC Challenge to share with you. This week, we are sponsored by Alicia Bell and the theme is, "Witches, Bats, and/or Black Cats." I used Alicia's Berta Barton digi.

So allow me to discuss the elephant in the room first. Yup, I jacked up her face at the very last moment. Literally. Just as I was gluing her down. That blasted black line across her face by her mouth. It made me...well...batty. I snapped a couple quick pictures...and then I tried to fix it. Bad, bad idea. I am going to have to preform some serious coloring surgery on her....but frankly, it doesn't look good. But enough about that.

I colored her with my Tombow watercolor markers, direct to paper. Then I fussy cut her out For my background, I spritzed an orange Memories Mist and a yellow Dylusions spray. Then, I added some wonderful bats from the Stampendous Spooky House set. I love how her hair came out...and coincidentally, my hair (or at least the front), is currently Emerald Green right now too. Now please head off to the Wicked Wednesday blog, and then visit the rest of the Wicked Bloggers, all listed in my side bar. Thanks for stopping by. Have a terror-ific day!

Comments

DonnaMundinger said…
I must be missing the elephant. She's gorgeous! I don't see any problem with her face at all. Fabulous colors. Love YOUR hair, too. xxD
Carol said…
I can't see the botched face she looks hauntingly good to me - fab tag x
Sari / Granne said…
That green hair is stunning and love the bats all around
Laura S Reading said…
She is so perfect in many other ways so she needed something to be "different" about her. Great idea to give her face some dimension.
Wicked cool batty ATC, she's adorable!
Unknown said…
Another wonderful ATC! Love this image and your coloring of her is perfect. I'm with Donna--I don't see any problem with her face.
My Side of Oz said…
I too am missing something lol! I think she is fabulous and wish I could color that awesome xx
valscraftings said…
Love the bats and image ATC!
Susan Renshaw said…
Looks pretty good to me! Fab image and colouring! Love the bats too...
Mary Holshouser said…
The line doesn't look bad. Add a little one to the other side or add some "stitches"
We are our own worst critics.
thanks for sharing.
Illinois
Lyneen said…
To be honest the line looks like a part of the image, if you had not mentioned it I don't think we would have known! Love your coloring and the vibrant background! AWESOME ATC! Thanks for sharing!!!
Squiddy said…
Cute Battina, she needs that smear of bat-poop!
Unknown said…
Magnificent color on this ATC. LOVE
I love her hair I love her. This is beautiful. always so fun to stop in here.

Popular posts from this blog

Holiday Hop and Collaboration: Day 5

Hello!  All of this week, the  Stampendous  and  Dreamweaver  teams have been playing with a mix of their products, along with some wonderful, SAND-ABLE papers from  Core'dinations . We've sanded our way to the "core" of all things Christmas and the Holiday season. ***If you are looking for my Day 17 post for the 31 Days of Halloween, please scroll down to my next post.*** Of course, there are prizes, and we are giving away the best...this time with a mix of fun  Core'dinations products as well. To be one of three prize package winners, follow the posted link lists from each day, leave comments, and winners will be selected from these comments at the beginning of next week.  I've been sharing a few car featuring the Stampendous set, Forest Friends . It's such a sweet set. I was going through my Dreamweaver Stencils, and I came across the Open X-Mas Tree . Then it came to me. Remember the part in Rudolph the Red-Nosed Reindeer, when the song Silv...

Echo Park Blog Hop with Imagine

Greetings! This is my second post for the day. This one is not part of the 31 Days of Halloween, but rather a super-duper blog hop that the Artists in Residence for Imagine are doing with Echo Park . So if you're here for my Day 7 project, please check out the post HERE . But before you do that, scroll on to check out this one. There are prizes up for grabs, so be sure to check out the Imagine Blog as well as the Echo Park Blogs for details. I created my background by applying Dandelion and Tangelo Memento Ink to my brayer. Then I sprayed it with Ink Potion No. 9 to help the colors blend and to act as an extender to keep the inks wet longer. After I rolled the colors out on to watercolor paper and let it dry, I stamped the lovely doily-like image from Echo Park's Simply Sweet Stamp Set with Grape Jelly Memento. I also received the super pretty Heart Doily Designer Die  which I used with a true purple cardstock. But it needed something....and in rolls the super fabul...

Deco Art and Andy Skinner Blog Hop Finale

Hello! It's time for the finale of the DecoArt and Stampendous blog hop. Have you enjoyed yourself this week? I bet you've got some new techniques that you want to try. I know I do! I am super stoked about my project for today. And it solves a dilemma that we've had in my kids' room for a while. What you see above is 2 pieces of PVC. And some fab DecoArt Media Fluid Acrylics ! So, what am I doing with PVC, you ask? Well, my mom bought my son a light saber(Darth Vader's) for Christmas, and he wanted to display it, but we weren't really sure where in his room, and how. I wanted something cooler than hooks, and we thought it would be neat to have the light saber vertical, instead of horizontal. Plus, there was a fab spot for it if it hung in that direction. So, my husband came up with the PVC pip idea, and I altered the pieces. The end cap holds the base, and the small piece of pipe holds up near the end. And the 2 pieces are spaced out enough so that...