Skip to main content

Day 11 of 31: Pop Up Halloween Card

Hello out there! It's already Day 11 of the Smeared & Smudged 31 Days of Halloween. I have a really fun (albeit not so creepy) card to share with you today. I used some really fun and versatile stamps and dies from Stampendous. Unfortunately, I only have 2 photos, and I no longer have the card, so I couldn't take any more.


Here's the front of the card. I used the brooms from the Cling Create Winter set. Yup. Winter. The rest of the set has snowman parts. It's really cute....but the broom is just what I needed for this Halloween card. I used the Create Winter Die set to cut the broom out quickly and easily. I use this set for the inside too.....let's see if you can figure out where!


Here's the inside of the card. Isn't it fun? I wish you could see the dimension. Stampendous has this fantastic Pop Up Die set that makes this card possible. Most of the inside elements were stamped with the Cling Create Fall set, and then cut out with the Create Fall Die set. I colored the cat, pumpkin, hat and exterior broom with my Tombow watercolor markers.

I used some fun tricks to create some of the elements. For starters, I used the large oval die in the Create Fall Die set to make the cauldron bowl. I cut the oval, then I placed the die back on part of it to cut the top. For the legs.....I simply used the cat's body (the head is a separate die), and tucked it under the cauldron bowl. Same idea to create the moon, I just removed more of the original oval. The funky border on the bottom was made with the grass die also in the Create Fall Die set. The bubbling mixture in the cauldron was made with........the snow bank dies from the Create Winter Die set. And some green double sided cardstock. See? Super versatile! My sentiment is from the Spooky House stamp set and I cut it out with one of the dies from the Pop Up Die set. This card was a lot of fun to make, and it was fun to find unusual ways to use each of the components. Please be sure to visit the Wicked Bloggers that are all listed in my sidebar. Thanks for stopping by. Have a creeptastic day!

Comments

P Beatty said…
What a fun & beautifully crafted card! Thank you for sharing.
Susan Renshaw said…
Really fun card! Love it!
This is an extremely fun card!!! Love how the front is all serious business and then BAM! KAPOW! Open it up and P A R T Y inside!! OVE how versatile all of Stampendous stamps are! You really DO get more for your money if you buy their stamps and dies!!!
Thanks for the fun card!!!
Viki Banaszak said…
This is awesome! I actually did pick the right parts for the Create Winter set. Yay! Wow, you'd think there was a prize for that the way I carry on. LOL I love the card.
DonnaMundinger said…
How creative you are! Love your little scene and even more as a pop-up! Fabulous! xxD
Sari / Granne said…
Ooh, love cards with 3D's, so much fun, and great images too.
My Side of Oz said…
wow..you thought outside of the box on to use those fab dies in so many unusual way! Came out awesome xx
valscraftings said…
Love, love the images on the inside of the pop-up card!
Lyneen said…
What a fun set of dies and stamps to work with... love the idea of a die for a pop up card!!! Great coloring. Fantastic card! Thanks for sharing!!!
your fun card is fabulous I love it. High energy here..Happy Day 11
Unknown said…
The outside is very deceiving. Calm muted colors and then .... bam! Bright wonderful cauldron of fun
Mary Holshouser said…
I love pop-up cards. They are so much fun to make and look so great.
The brooms are cute.
thanks for sharing
Illinois
Laura said…
Brooms, housework = scary! Cute pop up inside.
Unknown said…
What a fun card! Love the way you have colored the cat and the jack-o-lantern.
Gina said…
I really love this card. The inside is a surprise splash of color. Thanks for the great ideas.

Popular posts from this blog

Holiday Hop and Collaboration: Day 5

Hello!  All of this week, the  Stampendous  and  Dreamweaver  teams have been playing with a mix of their products, along with some wonderful, SAND-ABLE papers from  Core'dinations . We've sanded our way to the "core" of all things Christmas and the Holiday season. ***If you are looking for my Day 17 post for the 31 Days of Halloween, please scroll down to my next post.*** Of course, there are prizes, and we are giving away the best...this time with a mix of fun  Core'dinations products as well. To be one of three prize package winners, follow the posted link lists from each day, leave comments, and winners will be selected from these comments at the beginning of next week.  I've been sharing a few car featuring the Stampendous set, Forest Friends . It's such a sweet set. I was going through my Dreamweaver Stencils, and I came across the Open X-Mas Tree . Then it came to me. Remember the part in Rudolph the Red-Nosed Reindeer, when the song Silv...

Echo Park Blog Hop with Imagine

Greetings! This is my second post for the day. This one is not part of the 31 Days of Halloween, but rather a super-duper blog hop that the Artists in Residence for Imagine are doing with Echo Park . So if you're here for my Day 7 project, please check out the post HERE . But before you do that, scroll on to check out this one. There are prizes up for grabs, so be sure to check out the Imagine Blog as well as the Echo Park Blogs for details. I created my background by applying Dandelion and Tangelo Memento Ink to my brayer. Then I sprayed it with Ink Potion No. 9 to help the colors blend and to act as an extender to keep the inks wet longer. After I rolled the colors out on to watercolor paper and let it dry, I stamped the lovely doily-like image from Echo Park's Simply Sweet Stamp Set with Grape Jelly Memento. I also received the super pretty Heart Doily Designer Die  which I used with a true purple cardstock. But it needed something....and in rolls the super fabul...

Deco Art and Andy Skinner Blog Hop Finale

Hello! It's time for the finale of the DecoArt and Stampendous blog hop. Have you enjoyed yourself this week? I bet you've got some new techniques that you want to try. I know I do! I am super stoked about my project for today. And it solves a dilemma that we've had in my kids' room for a while. What you see above is 2 pieces of PVC. And some fab DecoArt Media Fluid Acrylics ! So, what am I doing with PVC, you ask? Well, my mom bought my son a light saber(Darth Vader's) for Christmas, and he wanted to display it, but we weren't really sure where in his room, and how. I wanted something cooler than hooks, and we thought it would be neat to have the light saber vertical, instead of horizontal. Plus, there was a fab spot for it if it hung in that direction. So, my husband came up with the PVC pip idea, and I altered the pieces. The end cap holds the base, and the small piece of pipe holds up near the end. And the 2 pieces are spaced out enough so that...