Skip to main content

Day 31 of 31: Happy Halloween!

Happy Halloween!!!!!!!!! Can you believe it's already here? It's Day 31 of the Smeared & Smudged 31 Days of Halloween! Today I have one last card to share with you.
I used the fantastical Raven Background stamp for this card. First, I took my Mixed Media Paper and smudged 3 colors of VersaFine ink from Imagine Crafts on it. Then I stamped the Raven Background using Black Versafine. I shredded the edges and used some liquid adhesive on the hat. Then I psrikled some black micro glitter from the Fall Glitter Mix kit on to it.

For my card base, I used black cardstock, and sprinkled Spoonful of Midnight on the corners and 2 sides. I also added a bit of Black Detail Embossing Powder just for a little more liquid-looking black.

That's it for me! I hope you have enjoyed my projects for the month. I wish there was more time! I have so many other things that I wanted to make. Thank you so much for all of your kind words. I have thoroughly enjoyed reading all of your comments. Thanks for stopping by. Have a spooktacular Halloween!!!

Comments

LOVE the red and purple background! It is breathtaking!! TFS!
P Beatty said…
Hauntingly beautiful! Love the colors! Fl
Lea said…
Looks amazing, my friend! Love the colors!
Unknown said…
Awesome card! Love the glittery hat.
Viki Banaszak said…
Oh, I love your sparkly sprinkles. Really pretty card. Viki in Kansas
Sari / Granne said…
Happy Halloween, thank you for the fabulous project trough hole month, today's included. Brilliant image and colors.
Carol said…
Fab final project x Happy Halloween x
Carol said…
Fab card - love it Happy Hauntings
HAPPY HALLOWEEN!!! What a faBOOlous card, just love the raven stamp!
Susan Renshaw said…
Love this raven background stamp...fab red and purple! Happy Halloween!
Mary Holshouser said…
Love the colors in the background.
The torn paper gives it a scrappy look.
thanks for sharing all month.
It's been a load of fun.
Laura said…
Happy Halloween! A beautiful project to end on.
Congratulations for going all the way!
So many great ways to use black. Love the hat.
DonnaMundinger said…
Gorgeous! Love your distressing and all the fab glitter. Happy Halloween! xxD
This is a beautiful piece. Thank you for all the work you did. I really enjoyed my visits here.
Squiddy said…
Loved the fram as well as the witchy raven
Beautiful!and....thank you for a fabulous Month of wonderful art.Happy Halloween
Gloria said…
Great card! Happy Halloween
Stampendous said…
Fantastic! LOVE those colors, the distressed edges and the Spoonful of Midnight frames it beautifully. And the black glitter hat, so cool! Thank you for posting the 31 Days with Stampendous products!

Popular posts from this blog

Holiday Hop and Collaboration: Day 5

Hello!  All of this week, the  Stampendous  and  Dreamweaver  teams have been playing with a mix of their products, along with some wonderful, SAND-ABLE papers from  Core'dinations . We've sanded our way to the "core" of all things Christmas and the Holiday season. ***If you are looking for my Day 17 post for the 31 Days of Halloween, please scroll down to my next post.*** Of course, there are prizes, and we are giving away the best...this time with a mix of fun  Core'dinations products as well. To be one of three prize package winners, follow the posted link lists from each day, leave comments, and winners will be selected from these comments at the beginning of next week.  I've been sharing a few car featuring the Stampendous set, Forest Friends . It's such a sweet set. I was going through my Dreamweaver Stencils, and I came across the Open X-Mas Tree . Then it came to me. Remember the part in Rudolph the Red-Nosed Reindeer, when the song Silv...

Echo Park Blog Hop with Imagine

Greetings! This is my second post for the day. This one is not part of the 31 Days of Halloween, but rather a super-duper blog hop that the Artists in Residence for Imagine are doing with Echo Park . So if you're here for my Day 7 project, please check out the post HERE . But before you do that, scroll on to check out this one. There are prizes up for grabs, so be sure to check out the Imagine Blog as well as the Echo Park Blogs for details. I created my background by applying Dandelion and Tangelo Memento Ink to my brayer. Then I sprayed it with Ink Potion No. 9 to help the colors blend and to act as an extender to keep the inks wet longer. After I rolled the colors out on to watercolor paper and let it dry, I stamped the lovely doily-like image from Echo Park's Simply Sweet Stamp Set with Grape Jelly Memento. I also received the super pretty Heart Doily Designer Die  which I used with a true purple cardstock. But it needed something....and in rolls the super fabul...

Deco Art and Andy Skinner Blog Hop Finale

Hello! It's time for the finale of the DecoArt and Stampendous blog hop. Have you enjoyed yourself this week? I bet you've got some new techniques that you want to try. I know I do! I am super stoked about my project for today. And it solves a dilemma that we've had in my kids' room for a while. What you see above is 2 pieces of PVC. And some fab DecoArt Media Fluid Acrylics ! So, what am I doing with PVC, you ask? Well, my mom bought my son a light saber(Darth Vader's) for Christmas, and he wanted to display it, but we weren't really sure where in his room, and how. I wanted something cooler than hooks, and we thought it would be neat to have the light saber vertical, instead of horizontal. Plus, there was a fab spot for it if it hung in that direction. So, my husband came up with the PVC pip idea, and I altered the pieces. The end cap holds the base, and the small piece of pipe holds up near the end. And the 2 pieces are spaced out enough so that...