Skip to main content

Holiday Hop and Collaboration: Day 5

Hello! All of this week, the Stampendous and Dreamweaver teams have been playing with a mix of their products, along with some wonderful, SAND-ABLE papers from Core'dinations. We've sanded our way to the "core" of all things Christmas and the Holiday season. ***If you are looking for my Day 17 post for the 31 Days of Halloween, please scroll down to my next post.*** Of course, there are prizes, and we are giving away the best...this time with a mix of fun Core'dinationsproducts as well. To be one of three prize package winners, follow the posted link lists from each day, leave comments, and winners will be selected from these comments at the beginning of next week. 

I've been sharing a few car featuring the Stampendous set, Forest Friends. It's such a sweet set. I was going through my Dreamweaver Stencils, and I came across the Open X-Mas Tree. Then it came to me. Remember the part in Rudolph the Red-Nosed Reindeer, when the song Silver and Gold is on? And the animals are decorating the trees???

Didn't they do a lovely job? Here's what I did. I laid my tree down on to my cardstock, and then grabbed my Scales stencil and taped that on top. Then I used a stencil brush to lay down 2 shades of green to create the tree. Colored in the trunk, bucket, and star, and then I added the "garland" made of Stickles. 

I then inked the edges a bit, and watercolored my sweet little Forest Friends on separate cardstock and then fussy cut them. I added some more garland, to make it look as though the animals had just finished hanging it on the tree. 

You'll notice that I used some Core'dinations behind my tree. I didn't even need to sand it....it has such a cool texture with the under color already showing, so I left it as is. For my sentiment, I did sand that piece down, and I inked on my Season's Greetings. 

Here's a shot that shows the fabulous sparkle of the Tiara Sickles that I used. Hasn't this been a great collaboration? I hope you have enjoyed it! Here's the rest of the folks posting today. Enjoy! 
Dreamweaver:
*On Stampendous team as well

Core'dinations:
(will not be posting on their company blog, but individual posts only)

Head on over to the Stampendous blog for links to their posts:

Comments

TangledBlueRose said…
The tree is beautiful! Love it!
Gorgeous card!
~kim
P Beatty said…
Love this tree. Thanks for sharing!
Jackie PN said…
What a sweet card! Love how you designed the tree!
DonnaMundinger said…
this card is just precious! Love the stencil and how you've decked out the tree and those little animals are the cutest EVER! Love it! xxD
LOVE this! Those animals are so stinkin' cute under that beautiful tree! Great job!
Laura S Reading said…
This is a gorgeous composition.
I am looking forward to playing with some of these new to me products.
Viki Banaszak said…
I love that song in Rudolph. This is a perfect scene depicting that. I love the scales design on the tree.
Laura S Reading said…
I did comment, right?
Because I do love this card and the critters.
Anonymous said…
Love the tree stencil. the little animals at the bottom are so cute. Great idea to have them decorate the tree.
Wonderful card.
thanks for sharing.
Janice K said…
Stunning stencil and the addition of the stamped animals is gorgeous! x
Anonymous said…
I hope this isn't a duplicate. I've been having trouble posting - getting error messages.

I love the tree stencil. the little animals at the bottom of the tree are so cute. Does remind you of a scene from a movie.
thanks for sharing.
Janis said…
Fabulous idea using the scale stencil with the tree!! The animals decorating it are adorable!!
<3 J

jwoolbright at gmail dot com
HerPeacefulGarden.blogspot.com
Miriam Prantner said…
What a fantastic way to combine stencils! Love the scales and the sparkle and those little critters are so cute!
Your tree is beautiful!! I love the scales stenciling on it and the little animals are darling!! TFS!
CraftyJo said…
Great combination of stencils to give a fabulous result. TFS
Teresa said…
Love the scales you used for the tree- so effective. Have really enjoyed hopping along with you all this week x
Unknown said…
Beautiful card, and yes I love the animals decorating the tree.
Unknown said…
Silver and gold indeed! I had to read your instructions how you did this card. It's just so cute! Woodland animals are all the rage this year!
Julia said…
Beautiful card! Love how you used the stencil.
Denise Bryant said…
Love your sweet card! It's a beautiful tree, and the animals are adorable! Pretty papers too with great texture!
Cindy Groh said…
Such a beautiful tree with fun woodland creatures. Beautiful card.
Heather said…
I LOVE IT! I could do that!!! very cool!
Katie said…
Great card! Love the combination of stencils!! And the stamped animals are so cute under the tree. Awesome job!! Thank you for sharing.

Katie B.

Popular posts from this blog

Echo Park Blog Hop with Imagine

Greetings! This is my second post for the day. This one is not part of the 31 Days of Halloween, but rather a super-duper blog hop that the Artists in Residence for Imagine are doing with Echo Park . So if you're here for my Day 7 project, please check out the post HERE . But before you do that, scroll on to check out this one. There are prizes up for grabs, so be sure to check out the Imagine Blog as well as the Echo Park Blogs for details. I created my background by applying Dandelion and Tangelo Memento Ink to my brayer. Then I sprayed it with Ink Potion No. 9 to help the colors blend and to act as an extender to keep the inks wet longer. After I rolled the colors out on to watercolor paper and let it dry, I stamped the lovely doily-like image from Echo Park's Simply Sweet Stamp Set with Grape Jelly Memento. I also received the super pretty Heart Doily Designer Die  which I used with a true purple cardstock. But it needed something....and in rolls the super fabul...

Deco Art and Andy Skinner Blog Hop Finale

Hello! It's time for the finale of the DecoArt and Stampendous blog hop. Have you enjoyed yourself this week? I bet you've got some new techniques that you want to try. I know I do! I am super stoked about my project for today. And it solves a dilemma that we've had in my kids' room for a while. What you see above is 2 pieces of PVC. And some fab DecoArt Media Fluid Acrylics ! So, what am I doing with PVC, you ask? Well, my mom bought my son a light saber(Darth Vader's) for Christmas, and he wanted to display it, but we weren't really sure where in his room, and how. I wanted something cooler than hooks, and we thought it would be neat to have the light saber vertical, instead of horizontal. Plus, there was a fab spot for it if it hung in that direction. So, my husband came up with the PVC pip idea, and I altered the pieces. The end cap holds the base, and the small piece of pipe holds up near the end. And the 2 pieces are spaced out enough so that...